Simple Questions thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 394

Thread: Simple Questions thread

  1. #316
    Aura is with me kieshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    South africa
    Posts
    388
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    i tried to redeem codes that i have recieved in my trading card packs but it only says "Code redemption is currently only available in game."

    can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
    friendcodes

    pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

  2. #317
    Darkrai ♥ Jerbuta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Southend-On-Sea, Essex
    Posts
    36

    Visit Jerbuta's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kieshara View Post
    i tried to redeem codes that i have recieved in my trading card packs but it only says "Code redemption is currently only available in game."

    can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
    If you're talking about Pokemon TCGO, redemptions have to be done on the downloaded version of the game, you can no longer redeem them on the website.

    Download here: http://www.pokemontcg.com/download

    Also have a question of my own, someone has offered to trade his Full-Art Groudon from the Dark Explorers expansion for my Boundaries Crossed Altaria (152/149). What are your oppoions on this trade? Is this guy mad or is this Altaria more than what I think it is. Sure it's a secret card but, is it really worth a full art?

  3. #318

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Where do I get this kind of card? And are they valuable? And do they have a name for their set?
    img_20130116_173144.jpg

    (Click for bigger image)
    These are Holographic Projectors

  4. #319

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbuta View Post
    Also have a question of my own, someone has offered to trade his Full-Art Groudon from the Dark Explorers expansion for my Boundaries Crossed Altaria (152/149). What are your oppoions on this trade? Is this guy mad or is this Altaria more than what I think it is. Sure it's a secret card but, is it really worth a full art?
    Depends on how much you value the cards. Altaria from boundaries crossed, as a secret, is considerably rarer than a Full Art; but the Full art Groudon-EX, is a bit more playable. Groudon-EX is Better, Altaria is rarer. Playability raises prices a bit, but when both cards are rotated and playability is no longer a concern, the Altaria will be worth more.

  5. #320
    Aura is with me kieshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    South africa
    Posts
    388
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    i am trying to built a deck with my TCG cards and have no idea how many energy cards, trainer card and pokemon i need... i know the deck is made of 60 cards but please help me to create my first deck
    friendcodes

    pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

  6. #321
    Rookie! Icike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    228
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kieshara View Post
    i am trying to built a deck with my TCG cards and have no idea how many energy cards, trainer card and pokemon i need... i know the deck is made of 60 cards but please help me to create my first deck
    depends on what kind of deck you're building
    as example my Ho-Oh Ex deck has 11 Pokemon, 25 trainers and 24 energies
    just think of the deck you're building first, which Pokemon you might need, the trainers to go with it, usually in an average deck the energies go from 10-15
    I can help you out, just let me know what you want to build and I'll try my best to help

  7. #322
    Registered User Calidus44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wherever I may roam
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Hi,
    Today I bought a Noble Victories boosterpack, and inside I found a Duckett from Emerging Power (With the brilliant background in the illustration, I don't know how this is exactly called) with, like, 6000 HP. I was like O_O
    Also its attacks require 4 energy cards for each one. Same for the retreat cost, 4 colorless energies.
    Has this ever occurred to someone before ? Is it a mistake (I doubt it) and if it's not why would they do this ?

  8. #323

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarVagabond View Post
    Hi,
    Today I bought a Noble Victories boosterpack, and inside I found a Duckett from Emerging Power (With the brilliant background in the illustration, I don't know how this is exactly called) with, like, 6000 HP. I was like O_O
    Also its attacks require 4 energy cards for each one. Same for the retreat cost, 4 colorless energies.
    Has this ever occurred to someone before ? Is it a mistake (I doubt it) and if it's not why would they do this ?
    This card is most likely fake. If you could take a picture of it, and post it in this thread, I'd be able to tell you for sure. Additionally, as a precaution for the rest of the cards in your pack, if you could take pictures of the other cards and the actual pack itself, I should be able to tell you if what you bought was fake or not.

    Where did you buy it?

  9. #324
    Registered User Calidus44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wherever I may roam
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    I bought it in a convenience store.


    I also think it's a fake one.

  10. #325

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EdgarVagabond View Post
    I bought it in a convenience store.


    I also think it's a fake one.
    Why yes, it is fake. But, honestly, a lot of people think the fake cards are really cool. And with golden HP and name, people would love this guy

  11. #326
    Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    7

    Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Troll and Toad (which is where I usually buy cards these days) had a really cool lot item for a time - one random Japanese holo. Unfortunately they quickly ran out of stock, and the one time it came back, it only took a few days for them all to disappear. Does anyone know any other place online (or any specific sellers on eBay) that have a variety of random lots? For instance, a random holo, or random cards from a specific set? I know Pokeorder.com has some, but they're wicked expensive.
    In a somewhat related question, why is it that as far as Japanese cards go, really old ones and relatively recent ones are available in plentiful supply on eBay but it's impossible to find a Japanese ex-series pack?
    Much appreciated even if the answer is discouraging.

    Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

  12. #327
    Just a housewife! Izumi Curtis's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Dublith/England
    Posts
    7,478
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Okay, quick thing guys and girls, how do you actually play the trading card game? signed someone who hasn't played it in ten years :p


    "One is All, All is One",

    Izumi Curtis

  13. #328

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    I hope this is a simple question... sorry if not! I was wondering about the cards from the EX series and newer, after Pokemon USA Inc took over publication. I've got some cards which are holo, some which are reverse and some which are holo with the special EX logo in the bottom right corner; these are across several series. These are not on just rare cards, there are several common ones, too. Does this mean that there are 3 or potentially 4 versions of every card?! (Normal, Holo, Holo with EX, Reverse Holo). And then how are they differentiated from the holo numbered versions.... @_@

  14. #329
    Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    7

    Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by poke-a-dani View Post
    I hope this is a simple question... sorry if not! I was wondering about the cards from the EX series and newer, after Pokemon USA Inc took over publication. I've got some cards which are holo, some which are reverse and some which are holo with the special EX logo in the bottom right corner; these are across several series. These are not on just rare cards, there are several common ones, too. Does this mean that there are 3 or potentially 4 versions of every card?! (Normal, Holo, Holo with EX, Reverse Holo). And then how are they differentiated from the holo numbered versions.... @_@
    For every card, there should be a normal and a reverse foil version. This includes commons, uncommons, and rares and holo rares (though I doubt very special cards like Pokemon-ex have reverse foil versions). The reason some of your cards have the EX logo is because the EX series varies with regard to the style of the reverse foil. Most series have the logo, others don't and instead the whole card is foil. Does this make sense.

    Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

  15. #330

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbajer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poke-a-dani View Post
    I hope this is a simple question... sorry if not! I was wondering about the cards from the EX series and newer, after Pokemon USA Inc took over publication. I've got some cards which are holo, some which are reverse and some which are holo with the special EX logo in the bottom right corner; these are across several series. These are not on just rare cards, there are several common ones, too. Does this mean that there are 3 or potentially 4 versions of every card?! (Normal, Holo, Holo with EX, Reverse Holo). And then how are they differentiated from the holo numbered versions.... @_@
    For every card, there should be a normal and a reverse foil version. This includes commons, uncommons, and rares and holo rares (though I doubt very special cards like Pokemon-ex have reverse foil versions). The reason some of your cards have the EX logo is because the EX series varies with regard to the style of the reverse foil. Most series have the logo, others don't and instead the whole card is foil. Does this make sense.
    That explains so much! Haha I was getting worried that I'd have to source out a ridiculous number of cards... kinda confusing because the reverse-holos can look like holos just with the set name.
    Thanks! ^_^

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •