Simple Questions thread - Page 20

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheWriterRogue View Post
    What is a good grass type stater deck/booster deck?
    There are no good starter decks.

If you insist, though, try getting Green Tornado from Black & White.

Quote Originally Posted by Icike View Post
    for a good deck how many Ex should I run? also what else should I run?
    I currently own and only use Kyurem Ex
    my deck is just basically small basics helping to draw into the Kyurem Ex, such as Plusle/Snowrunt with collect and Froslass to get me any card I need, my only two big hitters are Raichu with Slam and Kyurem Ex, so far I've been doing good and winning more than losing, my only downfall is with Kyurem either gone or in my prize but other than that he stays a while due to being able to attack with it and heal it with drawing into potions, I do have Emolgas to bounce back and forth but other than those its just weak ones with only stalling
    I was thinking of adding in another Kyurem Ex but I'm not sure what else to add in
    Are you considering playing competitively, or just for fun with friends?

Also, are you playing unlimited or modified? Meaning, do you play that only BW-on cards are legal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWriterRogue View Post
    What is a good grass type stater deck/booster deck?
    There are no good starter decks.

If you insist, though, try getting Green Tornado from Black & White.

Quote Originally Posted by Icike View Post
    for a good deck how many Ex should I run? also what else should I run?
    I currently own and only use Kyurem Ex
    my deck is just basically small basics helping to draw into the Kyurem Ex, such as Plusle/Snowrunt with collect and Froslass to get me any card I need, my only two big hitters are Raichu with Slam and Kyurem Ex, so far I've been doing good and winning more than losing, my only downfall is with Kyurem either gone or in my prize but other than that he stays a while due to being able to attack with it and heal it with drawing into potions, I do have Emolgas to bounce back and forth but other than those its just weak ones with only stalling
    I was thinking of adding in another Kyurem Ex but I'm not sure what else to add in
    Are you considering playing competitively, or just for fun with friends?

Also, are you playing unlimited or modified? Meaning, do you play that only BW-on cards are legal?
    for now I'm playing for fun, I'm thinking of playing competitively when I get a better idea on the game
    I'm playing Unlimited format

Quick question on a Slowpoke card I have. This card is from an old deck I got back in 1999 or 2000. The uniqueness of the card is that it has what appears to be a jewel on its forehead. Red circle with a white outline. I'm not sure what this is and if someone could explain it to me that'd be great. Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by chinesedeliveryguy; 13th July 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Wasn't this the rare slowpoke misprint from fossil? I think it is, Im not too sure though you may have to ask a avid collector but I vaguely remember people fighting over this card. And other misprints.

Wow I didn't know... It's just been sitting in an old NASCAR tin lunchbox for years.

Blog Entries

Just curious if anyone knows what the point of the new Dragon type cards was? I mean, all they basically did was change their symbol and background colour and weakness... everything else is the same - may as well have left them as Colourless type. I mean, why go to all that trouble for nothing?

Was there ever any reason as to why a Dragon type energy was released?

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

Blog Entries
    Follow Tolan On Twitter
    Follow Tolan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows what the point of the new Dragon type cards was? I mean, all they basically did was change their symbol and background colour and weakness... everything else is the same - may as well have left them as Colourless type. I mean, why go to all that trouble for nothing?

Was there ever any reason as to why a Dragon type energy was released?
    We were long overdue for a new type since the newest ones (metal/dark) were released like, 10 years ago.

@chinesedeliveryguy; I've never heard of that... nor do I think it is worth a whole lot. To me it just looks like a bubble in the ink, which usually doesnt change the value all that much. I could be wrong though.
    @Laterna; well having them as colorless never really made any sense. I mean do you really want your Rayquaza to be weak to something like a Skitty or Meowth? What we dont know at this time if the dragon type will be a permanent change, or if it is just a passing gimmick like pokemon sp, or pokemon delta species were.
    Politoed666 likes this.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    well having them as colorless never really made any sense. I mean do you really want your Rayquaza to be weak to something like a Skitty or Meowth? What we dont know at this time if the dragon type will be a permanent change, or if it is just a passing gimmick like pokemon sp, or pokemon delta species were.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the change - as you said, having them as Colourless made no sense anyways. But, with how they've handled the change, it doesn't feel like they changed anything beyond the colour and the weakness, which to me is a bit pointless.
    I never considered that it could just be a passing gimmick like SP and Delta Species... it would be a real shame to waste such an opportunity - all they need to do is introduce a Dragon energy and that's that done.

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Hello there, TCG fans!

My friend and I haven't played the TCG since it first started, but have been Pokémon fanatics since Red and Blue first came out. We've recently been discussing getting back into the TCG, and obviously it has changed dramatically in our 12+ years away from it. We were looking at the start decks and were wondering if you could recommend something?

I'd really like to base my deck around grass and bug types, is there any start decks you could recommend that I could use as a basis for building a good deck?

Thank you.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    Hello there, TCG fans!

My friend and I haven't played the TCG since it first started, but have been Pokémon fanatics since Red and Blue first came out. We've recently been discussing getting back into the TCG, and obviously it has changed dramatically in our 12+ years away from it. We were looking at the start decks and were wondering if you could recommend something?

I'd really like to base my deck around grass and bug types, is there any start decks you could recommend that I could use as a basis for building a good deck?

Thank you.
    Are you interested in playing competitively or just for fun? What I suggest will be based entirely on that. Might also help to know whether you played casually or competitively during the Base Set days.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Are you interested in playing competitively or just for fun? What I suggest will be based entirely on that. Might also help to know whether you played casually or competitively during the Base Set days.
    Casually, and more than likely only against each other and one or two other friends.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Been checking out the new Dragons Exalted cards online and was really confused by Garbodor's Garbotoxin Ability:

"If this Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it, each Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities (excluding Garbotoxin."

What Pokémon have Abilities that can be activated from the hand and the discard pile?

Also, this is more an observation than a question, but I am curious to see if anyone has any information on this - do the BW sets seem to be avoiding the inclusion of Baby Pokémon like Pichu, Igglybuff, Happiny, Budew and Magby?

Also, just on the subject of Baby Pokémon - Togepi and Riolu are considered to be Baby Pokémon by official info in guides, on websites, in games, anime, etc right? So why aren't Togepi and Riolu considered Baby Pokémon in the TCG and Togetic and Lucario Basic Pokémon like Jynx and Roselia are?

Thanks in advance.

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//

@Laterna; first off, to be a "baby pokemon" the evolution must be released in a prioir generation than the baby. No, there have been no babies from BW on.
    Ho-Oh exs ability can be used from discard and the audino from japanrse BW6 has an ability that can be used from hand.
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    @Laterna; first off, to be a "baby pokemon" the evolution must be released in a prioir generation than the baby. No, there have been no babies from BW on.
    Ho-Oh exs ability can be used from discard and the audino from japanrse BW6 has an ability that can be used from hand.
    See, I always thought that, because of that very reason, it was an oversight made by the TCG-making folks. To me, Togepi and Riolu are Baby Pokémon as they fit the criteria for being so, primarily because of their inability to breed - in that Baby Pokémon are the only Pokémon in the "undiscovered" Egg Group, apart Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Unown and Legendary Pokémon.

My question wasn't whether or not there were Baby Pokémon in the BW TCG expansions, I know there aren't - I asked if there was any information regarding the apparent avoidance of including them.

Thank you for pointing out Ho-oh EX and Audino - I'd hadn't seen the Ho-oh until this morning when the website updated with the rest of the English scans, nor the Audino as I don't normally read translations of Japanese cards (I prefer just to wait until they are translated, that way I can see them as I would be using them).

As an additional question - I recently made a deck using both the reprint Charizard from the Stormfront expansion and Hydreigon from the Noble Victories expansion, due to their similar Abilities. Are there any other cards that have a matching Poké-Power, Poké-Body or Ability? What sets the cards come from make no difference to me - I only play casually so have no problem mixing old and new. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Laterna; 30th July 2012 at 12:41 PM.

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast