Simple Questions thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

Just to let you know that was already found out when they released the Japanese card. It is just a typo and wasn't fixed in translation I believe.

On the card's entry, a typo has the word It spelled with two Is, making it say IIt instead of It.

Ok I actually have a few questions.

1. Is there a maximum hand limit?

2. Do poke-bodies stack? i have 2 Amparophs Prime and I wanted to know if I had both of them out if the opponet would take 20 damage for each energy attached

3. Can you only have 4 of special energy like Double Energy?

4. What expansion sets are legal in tournament play? Ive only ever bought from Diamond and Pearl up but I wanted to know if older cards were legal.

(Edit) 5. And lastly, with prize cards do you due the top 6 or whatever from your deck after you draw or do you pick your prize cards?

Thank you for any help you can provide
    Last edited by krosser; 20th February 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit Frost's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by krosser View Post
    I don't think so.

2. Do poke-bodies stack? i have 2 Amparophs Prime and I wanted to know if I had both of them out if the opponet would take 20 damage for each energy attached
    They stack unless the description specifically states that you can only apply one of them at a time. Ampharos Prime doesn't have that clause, so I'm assuming it can stack.

Yup. That's why they had to create a basic form of Darkness and Metal Energy.

4. What expansion sets are legal in tournament play? Ive only ever bought from Diamond and Pearl up but I wanted to know if older cards were legal.
    I'm pretty sure nothing from before Diamond and Pearl (maybe even later than that at this point?) is still legal in official tournaments, unless of course the card has been reprinted since then.

(Edit) 5. And lastly, with prize cards do you due the top 6 or whatever from your deck after you draw or do you pick your prize cards?
    Top six of your deck after shuffling but before you draw your first seven cards is how it was done in the Game Boy games. I hope those are faithful to how it's done in real life.

Anyway, my question is this: what is the rarity of Prime and LEGEND cards in relation to previous gimmicky cards of this type, i.e. ex/LV. X? I was under the assumption that Primes were a little less rare than ex/LV. Xs while LEGENDs were more rare? Is that true at all?
    Co-admin at PsyPoke.

Blog Entries

1. Just to confirm.. Does Dugtrio's Sinkhole (from Platinum) activate if you "force" your opponent to switch with moves like Push Down?

2. Is shiny pokemon rarer than LvX?

Pokemon Black FC: 3009 7637 7723
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 0218 9095 4411
    Pokemon X FC: 4012 3239 8043

"Won't you make a contract with me? I'll grant you any one wish.."

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler812 View Post
    I know this is a little off subject but did anyone notice that Legend card for lugia in the entry they misspelled it with two i's.
    This reply targets anyone discussing the extra "i."

Yes, people have noticed that. So far, we're not aware of any copy of the card that doesn't have the extra "i." Chances are that a correction of the misprint would be considerably rarer than the actual misprint, but at the moment no known correction exists. In essence, all the cards have that error.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    I'm definently not buying one off of Ebay, that's just crazy.

Are the HeartGold and SoulSilver expansion packs the same as the booster packs?

Thanks.

I also found some cool Legendary Dog Legend cards but I highly doubt that they have been released in English yet.
    Yes, expansion packs and booster packs are the same thing. The Legendary Dog Legend cards have not yet been released in English.

Ok I actually have a few questions.

Thank you for any help you can provide
    1. No, there is no maxiumum hand limit.

2. Yes. Unless Bodies state specifically that it you cannot apply that body more than once during your turn, i.e. Nidoqueen RR, they do stack. Ampharos Prime's body will definitely stack.

3. Yes, you can only have four of a special energy in your deck.

4. Right now, Diamond & Pearl-onward is legal. In August, it's likely that only Platinum-on will be legal, but there's been no official confirmation of that.

5. Your Prize Cards are the top six cards of your deck after you draw your opening hand.

Welcome to BMGf!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Anyway, my question is this: what is the rarity of Prime and LEGEND cards in relation to previous gimmicky cards of this type, i.e. ex/LV. X? I was under the assumption that Primes were a little less rare than ex/LV. Xs while LEGENDs were more rare? Is that true at all?
    Primes are considerably less rare than Lv.Xs. Primes are about six per box, while Lv.Xs were two per box in most sets. Legends are about the same rarity as Lv.Xs. EXs are basically about as common as Primes as far as pull rates go, I believe. Perhaps slightly more common. Either way, with the exception of Meganium, I wouldn't go trading your Primes for random EXs.

Meganium sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
    1. Just to confirm.. Does Dugtrio's Sinkhole (from Platinum) activate if you "force" your opponent to switch with moves like Push Down?

2. Is shiny pokemon rarer than LvX?
    1. No, Sinkhole would not activate. Sinkhole only activates if your opponent announces a retreat; forcing them to switch does not qualify as a retreat. Good question.

2. With the exception of the Red Gyarados from the new HeartGold & SoulSilver set, shinies are not rarer than Lv.Xs. And they are certaintly not worth more money.

Blog Entries

I had a question!
    I've just started getting into TCG and I was wondering.. how much does it cost to start up a deck?
    and you can only buy cards in packs of 10 right?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badalcristiano View Post
    I had a question!
    I've just started getting into TCG and I was wondering.. how much does it cost to start up a deck?
    and you can only buy cards in packs of 10 right?
    Thanks
    Depends on how good you want the deck to be. ^^;;; Your best bet right now would be to look at the Cost of a Good Deck thread and buy the staples listed there. And yes, you can only get packs of ten, unless you want to buy a theme deck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Depends on how good you want the deck to be. ^^;;; Your best bet right now would be to look at the Cost of a Good Deck thread and buy the staples listed there. And yes, you can only get packs of ten, unless you want to buy a theme deck.
    Lets say I want to buy any random 60 cards so I go out there and buy 6 of the 10 card packs right?
    So how much does 1 pack cost?
    and is there any place online where I can order 6 packs or any amount of un-opened cards (Places that can deliver in India)?
    What are theme decks?

Theme decks are pre-made decks focusing on one or two different types of Pokémon. For example Zap! or Mind Flood. As for the rest of your questions.. I'm unsure of the answer :)
    "DRWS you are the god damned devil"
    I HAVE A BROKEN KEYBOARD.

Lets say I want to buy any random 60 cards so I go out there and buy 6 of the 10 card packs right?
    and is there any place online where I can order 6 packs or any amount of un-opened cards (Places that can deliver in India)?
    What are theme decks?
    You could buy 6 packs of random cards, but there's no way you could use just those 60 cards to build a deck.

Around here, a booster pack costs around $4.

As far as online retailers go, I'm not sure. I don't buy packs online. Sorry.
    Pearl FC: 3008-9024-6060

Blog Entries

When I got my first (and currently only) booster pack (a single pack of the "Platinum" expansion), one of the cards was Palkia G. Do things like that happen often?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

When scanned into an e-reader, what will this card activate?

Blog Entries

What are theme decks?
    - You can usually expect to pay about $4 for an individual pack, sometimes less.
    - Sure, try a site like eBay, Amazon.com, or pokeorder.com for starters. Your local card shop will generally have better prices, though.
    - See below for the answer to your Theme Deck question.

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tRunWithScizør! View Post
    Theme decks are pre-made decks focusing on one or two different types of Pokémon. For example Zap! or Mind Flood. As for the rest of your questions.. I'm unsure of the answer :)
    Good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tealeaf View Post
    You could buy 6 packs of random cards, but there's no way you could use just those 60 cards to build a deck.

Around here, a booster pack costs around $4.

As far as online retailers go, I'm not sure. I don't buy packs online. Sorry.
    Mmhm.

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    When I got my first (and currently only) booster pack (a single pack of the "Platinum" expansion), one of the cards was Palkia G. Do things like that happen often?
    Palkia G isn't especially rare... I mean, your chances of pulling a Palkia G out of a random pack are probably somewhere around 1/15 or so, but it's not a really valuable card or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Maker View Post
    When scanned into an e-reader, what will this card activate?
    ;_; I have no idea! Can anyone else help with this one?

question about cards that share names, like Quagsire GL. Would his effect work on both if the both were the active and on the bench? Cause that would make him pretty much invincible as long as there is a active one and a benched one

Blog Entries

question about cards that share names, like Quagsire GL. Would his effect work on both if the both were the active and on the bench? Cause that would make him pretty much invincible as long as there is a active one and a benched one
    No, it doesn't. You're right, that would pretty much make him invincible. In that case, it applies only to the Quagsire GL that's on the Bench.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast