Simple Questions thread - Page 11

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

I used to collect pokemon cars alot around dimond pearl but stopped for a while, does any one know how much an old mew could go for? also is there anywhere to get cheap pshycic decks ( my brother has a diamond pearl mew that normally thrashs me)
    or any cards at all?

thanks in advanded
    My splices

Its the little things that makes life worth living. take a ds card for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom Robot View Post
    I used to collect pokemon cars alot around dimond pearl but stopped for a while, does any one know how much an old mew could go for? also is there anywhere to get cheap pshycic decks ( my brother has a diamond pearl mew that normally thrashs me)
    or any cards at all?

thanks in advanded
    If mew is from secret wonders, which it sounds like, its worth somewhere btwn $.50 and $2. Cards are normally sold at places like target or meijer. If you dont have anything like that near you, you could always order them from places like amazon, trollandtoad, collector's cache, etc. (though cards wont be priced the same at all of them, itll probably take some hunting for a good price.)
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    If mew is from secret wonders, which it sounds like, its worth somewhere btwn $.50 and $2. Cards are normally sold at places like target or meijer. If you dont have anything like that near you, you could always order them from places like amazon, trollandtoad, collector's cache, etc. (though cards wont be priced the same at all of them, itll probably take some hunting for a good price.)
    im in the uk
    My splices

Its the little things that makes life worth living. take a ds card for example.

Blog Entries

Default Einen Couple De Questionas.

A: With this TCG online thing, which cards do we use? De we start collecting some online or do we use our RL ones?
    B: As I now see, and others may have noticed earlier, the Black and White cards, unlike the majority of the previous sets (at least until I stopped collecting, now restarted) the card number also helped with the rarity of the card. The rare cards were at the front, then uncommon, then common. My previous sets are sorted by card number, but also rarity. How should I sort these Black and WHite ones? i also noticed that one of the HS sets (either undaunted or triumphant) does this aswell. Ok, that's all folks!

A: Right now you can only use three preconstructed decks (fire, water, grass) that it "self-modifies" as you get more cards, or you can buy B&W preconstructed decks to unlock those in TCG Online (which I haven't done). Deck building and the like is planned but not available yet.

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm familiar with the rule of not having more than four of the same cards in a deck (except for the energy cards), but I need someone to clarify the rule for me a bit: does the rule mean that I can't have more than four cards of the same Pokémon in my deck even if the cards themselves are different? For example, can I have four Jigglypuff cards from from set A and four Jigglypuff cards from set B in a single deck, or is that against the rules because the Pokémon have the same name? The rules never seem to make this distinction, which is why I'm so confused...
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf-symbiote View Post
    I'm familiar with the rule of not having more than four of the same cards in a deck (except for the energy cards), but I need someone to clarify the rule for me a bit: does the rule mean that I can't have more than four cards of the same Pokémon in my deck even if the cards themselves are different? For example, can I have four Jigglypuff cards from from set A and four Jigglypuff cards from set B in a single deck, or is that against the rules because the Pokémon have the same name? The rules never seem to make this distinction, which is why I'm so confused...
    4 cards of same name. Only 4 jiggly's period. However, if you have Jigglypuff, and Erika's Jigglypuff youre allowed to have four of each because they dont have the same name.
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

I was just curious if any trading cards are made with the pokemon's shiny coloration or an alternate coloration. If so also how rare are they?

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    I was just curious if any trading cards are made with the pokemon's shiny coloration or an alternate coloration. If so also how rare are they?
    Summary of all shiny Pokemon in the TCG can be found here. In short, there are Shining Pokemon, found in Neo Revelations and Neo Destiny, Pokemon *, found in the EX expansions, shiny Pokemon found in Stormfront, Platinum, Supreme Victors, and Arceus, and shiny Legendaries found in Call of Legends.

Blog Entries

I need to ask a question. It's about rare cards. Now, here's the question. Do rare cards shine (are they supposed to be holographic)? And does every rare card have to shine (holographic cards)? Well, I have a Steelix card from HS-Unleashed (87/95). It isn't holographic. Is that normal? Oh yeah, it is a Steelix PRIME, since it has the move "Gaia Crush" with a power of 100, just like the Steelix PRIME's move. It doesn't say that it's a "PRIME" Pokemon in the card. The card's name is "Steelix" with no PRIME.

Blog Entries

Is there a decent IV calculator around? The serebii one is horrible. All of my Pokémons stats are way too high apparently.

Please PM me the answer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Sceptile View Post
    I need to ask a question. It's about rare cards. Now, here's the question. Do rare cards shine (are they supposed to be holographic)? And does every rare card have to shine (holographic cards)? Well, I have a Steelix card from HS-Unleashed (87/95). It isn't holographic. Is that normal? Oh yeah, it is a Steelix PRIME, since it has the move "Gaia Crush" with a power of 100, just like the Steelix PRIME's move. It doesn't say that it's a "PRIME" Pokemon in the card. The card's name is "Steelix" with no PRIME.
    No, not every rare card shines. Certain cards are rare-holos, and those shine. Other cards are just regular rares... those don't shine. This is rare, but some rare cards are printed in both holo forms and non-holo forms. However, every Prime card is sparkly. If it's not, it's counterfeit. Your Steelix is counterfeit.

Also, Prime cards never say "Prime" anywhere on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Sceptile View Post
    I also want to ask a question. It's not about the rules, decks and stuff. I'm asking about a card.
    So, I have a Gyarados G (Team Galactic's Pokemon) card.
    Its type is STEEL/METAL. The moves are Wriggle (requires 1 Water energy and 2 energies of any type) and Dwindling Wave (requires 2 Water energies and 2 energies of any type).
    Now, I have 2 questions about the card.
    1. Is this a misprint that it's a Steel/Metal type?
    2. Can this card shine (holographic cards)? If it could, where would it shine?

Thanks!
    If it actually is Steel type, it's not a misprint... it's fake.

It can "shine" if it's reverse-holo. In this case, the entire card would be shiny except for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Is there a decent IV calculator around? The serebii one is horrible. All of my Pokémons stats are way too high apparently.

Please PM me the answer.
    Wrong thread. This is the TCG subforum... you want to ask this in the simple questions thread in the Video Games subforum.

But yeah, the problem is probably that you haven't cleared your Pokemon's EVs with the proper EV reducing berries. After you do that, use Veekun's IV calculator anyway. It's better.

Blog Entries

Thanks. Didn't realise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Thanks. Didn't realise.
    Not a problem at all.

Blog Entries

I have a question.

I haven't played in ages, about 2-3 years, anything big I should know?

Thanks.
    --dream team--
    gyarados, beedril, feralagator, fostlass, breloom, and victreebell.

I dare you to guess what type I'm best with.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast