Simple Questions thread - Page 10

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

Me!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

My Sableye's Poke-Body refers to pokemon EX. Does this apply to LV.X too? Sorry I can't be more specific about the Poke-Body I've never really used that card as my Active, it's just stayed on my Bench.
    -Me!
    I reserve the right to randomly sign my messages.
    My 3rd Medalist Pokemon was Magikarp, and it earned that position alone with no other species.
    I have too many Bouncekarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    My Sableye's Poke-Body refers to pokemon EX. Does this apply to LV.X too? Sorry I can't be more specific about the Poke-Body I've never really used that card as my Active, it's just stayed on my Bench.
    -Me!
    no, just pokemon ex
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Me!
    Blog Entries

Damn. Thanks anyway!
    -Me!
    I reserve the right to randomly sign my messages.
    My 3rd Medalist Pokemon was Magikarp, and it earned that position alone with no other species.
    I have too many Bouncekarp.

ok so this might be stupid but oh well. So I thought I read that gen 5 cards would be coming out in America on April 25 but my friend thinks he saw them out somewhere. Just wondering are they already out? or when will they be released?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    ok so this might be stupid but oh well. So I thought I read that gen 5 cards would be coming out in America on April 25 but my friend thinks he saw them out somewhere. Just wondering are they already out? or when will they be released?
    the theme decks were released on april 6th, but the packs wont be till april 25th. So you technically are both correct
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

I saw a commercial for the Black & White cards, and it says they're out now.
    Current speedrun - Ōkamiden

the black and white started decks are out cards will release in about 2 weeks as the prerelease tourments are on the weekend of april 22-24

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    To be honest, POP never really made clear any "official" rules for double battles, so I'm afraid I can't really help you there. For awhile, during the EX era, TPC seemed to have some intention of integrating double battles into organized play, but it just never materialized.

Can you give me an example of a recent card that seems to word itself in such a way as to indicate its effect in a double battle?
    Late reply is late - sorry.

An example would be Crobat's PokéPower, from Mysterious Treasures. It reads:

"Once during your turn, when you play Crobat from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon. That Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns."

The wording "you may choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon" implies a battle with two Defending Pokémon. I highly doubt that it would mean to Poison your own Pokémon, which is why it would seem more suited to a Double Battle imo.

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    Late reply is late - sorry.

An example would be Crobat's PokéPower, from Mysterious Treasures. It reads:

"Once during your turn, when you play Crobat from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon. That Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns."

The wording "you may choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon" implies a battle with two Defending Pokémon. I highly doubt that it would mean to Poison your own Pokémon, which is why it would seem more suited to a Double Battle imo.
    I suppose they word cards like that to leave the potential for an officially recognized double battle format open. At the moment, there is none, but if they suddenly decided "hey, let's do double battle OP," they wouldn't want to have to errata every card.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    I suppose they word cards like that to leave the potential for an officially recognized double battle format open. At the moment, there is none, but if they suddenly decided "hey, let's do double battle OP," they wouldn't want to have to errata every card.
    Kinda makes me wonder if we'll start seeing wording that'll suit a Triple or Rotation Battle next XD

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

Blog Entries
    Follow Tolan On Twitter
    Follow Tolan on Tumblr

I have a Cool Porygon and I was wondering what is so special about it other then looking awesome. It's also Japanese so I don't know if that effects anything. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolanator View Post
    I have a Cool Porygon and I was wondering what is so special about it other then looking awesome. It's also Japanese so I don't know if that effects anything. Thanks!
    Nothing really special about it. It came with a Japanese CD and is worth around $6-$7.

Blog Entries
    Follow Tolan On Twitter
    Follow Tolan on Tumblr

Cool. Thanks :)

When playing Unlimited, are old Trainer cards (Base Set Bill) treated as Supporter cards (yech) or as written, so you could play as many Base Set Bills as you like, but a HGSS Bill counts as a Supporter and can only be used once?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PS3D View Post
    When playing Unlimited, are old Trainer cards (Base Set Bill) treated as Supporter cards (yech) or as written, so you could play as many Base Set Bills as you like, but a HGSS Bill counts as a Supporter and can only be used once?
    Technically, all Bills should be treated as Supporter cards, since the most recent printing of Bill was as a Supporter card.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast