Should Dragon-type Pokémon be changed from Colorless to Fire-type in the TCG?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Bloop

Thread: Should Dragon-type Pokémon be changed from Colorless to Fire-type in the TCG?

Default Should Dragon-type Pokémon be changed from Colorless to Fire-type in the TCG?

Currently, Pokémon that are Dragon-type in the games are represented by Colorless in the TCG. However, looking at the way many Dragon-type attacks look in the games and anime, I was thinking, would it be a good idea if Dragon-type Pokémon were represented by the TCG Fire-type instead?

This would basically be a repeat of Poison-type Pokémon being switched to the TCG Psychic-type from the Grass-type (which I never thought made much sense). Should the same be done where Dragon gets switched to the Fire-type from Colorless?
    The Pokémon Ranger Force
    Charizard Red (Male) - The leader, with the power of Fire.
    Blastoise Blue (Female) - Second-in-command, with the power of Water
    Venusaur Green (Male) - Third-in-command, with the power of Grass
    Raichu Yellow (Female) - Fourth-in-command, with the power of Electricity
    Clefable Pink (Male) - Fifth-in-command, with Normal power

Fire should be RED, not orange!

Also, please check out my new Powerpuff Girls userbox.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Dragon-type Pokémon be changed from Colorless to Fire-type in the TCG?

Or they could just make dragon a new type?

Default Re: Should Dragon-type Pokémon be changed from Colorless to Fire-type in the TCG?

think about palkia, kingdra, giratina... theyd look awfully funny as fire types... plus, if they were fire, they would be strong against grass and bug.... not quite right
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

Maybe your conception of dragons link their element exclusively with fire, but dragons from all around the world are linked to many other elements. If I recall correctly, dragons in Japan are more linked with water or the weather, so why would a Japanese card game link them with fire?

Dragons from Pokemon draw from many inspirations, why link them to the fire-breathing European versions only?

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Palkia weak to water?
    No.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

i agree with Psystrike there element suits them fine they arnt just fire type

~Fuzzy
    Dont Feed The Fuzzy

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Or they could just make dragon a new type?
    This. Dragon should really get it's own type in the TCG, along with some of the other not-currently-represented types, in my opinion.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Quote Originally Posted by ∅Dermodio∅ View Post
    Palkia weak to water?
    No.
    Palkia doesn't have to be weak to water; game logic does not apply.

My argument for making Dragon-types represented by Fire in the TCG is based on the appearance of many Dragon-type moves in the games, also most Dragon-types can learn Fire-type moves.

After all, what basis was there to change Poison-types to Psychic in the TCG?
    The Pokémon Ranger Force

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post
    Palkia doesn't have to be weak to water; game logic does not apply.

My argument for making Dragon-types represented by Fire in the TCG is based on the appearance of many Dragon-type moves in the games, also most Dragon-types can learn Fire-type moves.
    Many dragon-types can also learn ice, electric, and water moves.

The only dragon move currently animated with fire in-game is Outrage. A lot of new dragon moves like Dragon Tail and Dragon Rush don't even look like they have elemental affiliations based on their animation. Dragon Breath in the anime was portrayed more as a green breath, and Gen IV chose to differentiate it further. It's effect in paralysis also suggests that it affects Pokemon differently than fire.

After all, what basis was there to change Poison-types to Psychic in the TCG?
    Except you're the one suggesting Colorless-->Fire, so you need to give an explanation for the rest of us to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post

Except you're the one suggesting Colorless-->Fire, so you need to give an explanation for the rest of us to get it.
    I just think it makes sense based on what I said. It surely makes more sense than making Poison-types Psychic in the TCG.
    The Pokémon Ranger Force

poison changed because most people associate purple with psychic, and because there were far more grass than psychic cards so they were trying to balance it. those were my guesses anyway. not quite sure what that adds to your argument anyway
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Seeing as if Dragon-types were added into the TCG, you would pretty much have to have Ice-types, and then there would be a whole hideous cycle of adding a type, and then adding a type that it strong against it because it "wouldn't be fair" otherwise. Changing the Dragon-type Pokémon to Fire-types, like pretty much everybody above me said, wouldn't make sense because of type matchups/moves/etc. I don't think something that would affect the TCG as much as changing around entire types, and possible adding a lot of them, would work very well. Maybe if it had happened a while ago, like the additions of Steel-type and Dark-type cards, but not now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post
    I just think it makes sense based on what I said. It surely makes more sense than making Poison-types Psychic in the TCG.
    But this issue isn't about poison-->psychic is it, so I think we should stop comparing it unless you don't want a real discussion and want to continue on the direction of "but poison types did it and it made less sense!"