Question about a card..

Thread: Question about a card..

Default Question about a card..

Hello,

(Please excuse me if I happen to have posted this on the wrong thread; new here, I figured this would be the best place to go for my pokemon questions)

I was rummaging around my room and happened to find some old cards that I had from when I was younger. Among these, I found a Squirtle card.

Squirtle (64/100) [common, Im guessing]
    40 HP
    - Poke-BODY - Solid Shell
    - Bubblebeam - 10

The only thing off about this card is the fact that it says "Spuirtle" instead of "Squirtle" but in the description of the Poke-BODY it spells Squirtle correctly. I believe this is a typo and not a fake/counterfeit card? Does anyone happen to know anything about a possible typo in the Squirtle cards?

Thanks for helping, I think that a typo card is pretty neat

~Snow

Default Re: Question about a card..

should be in tcg forum

Blog Entries

I think it is fake, all the other ones of the type are spelled "Squirtle", if you are talking about this card.

http://www.pokemontradingpost.com/images/Crystal/64_Squirtle.jpg

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Do you mind showing a picture? That'll help figure it out. Sounds counterfeit.

http://i53.tinypic.com/34jdvmh.jpg

There you are. Sorry for the saturation in it, took the image under a lamp. Also, sorry if there are any issues with clearly seeing the image, I tried to get the details as to best help with viewing it properly :)

I hope it isn't counterfeit, I quite like this card. Then again though, with this sort of thing happening more frequently anymore, Im sure it wouldn't be anything new if it were..

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, that's counterfeit. There's a few ways I can tell, but I'm not gonna go into it. Sorry. ;p Next time, post something like this in the Simple Questions thread. Thanks!

If you wanted reasons the card can be identified as counterfeit, I will give you one which will allow you to quickly identify similar cards later on.
    Take a look at the energy symbols. Now look at the symbols in the correct card (linked in post #3). In your card, the shapes inside the energy symbols are enlarged. This is a common feature in counterfeit cards.

Look at the clarity of the colorless symbol carefully. Look at the clarity of the words "Weakness" and "Resistance". Also, counterfeit cards tend to have minor size differences. Some corners are sharper and some fake cards I've seen are just a tiny bit taller than real cards.
    Diamond FC: 2923 5107 5280
    Soulsilver FC: 1806 7894 7011
    Black FC: 2923 8423 4128
    White 2 FC: 3826 7023 5969
    X FC: 0662 3148 7144