Pokemon TCG online beta game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon TCG online beta game

THUNDERBOLT....GO!!!!!! jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon TCG online beta game

They are coming out with an online TCG. Its in the beta stages right now and you can sign up to play it. By fall 2011 its should be fully functional. Right now you can only play against the computer but later you will be able to play against anyone.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/

and here is where I got the information:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/11851/pokemon-tcg-online-beta-launched
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post

Azumarill: Aqua Rabbit. No. Fuck you.

^^^^^^ credit goes to Alex800: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/my-awesome-sprite-shop-closed-now-91349/

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon TCG online beta game

I've played a little of this over the last few days. It's looking like a very good way to teach new players the basic game.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

I like it. It has great potential, but right now you can't play with people or use older cards. It's also rather slow (both in animations and all). However, playing the battle music from Pokémon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy improved my experience a lot!

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been on and off the Pokemon website doing research and the new TCG simulator is really what is catching my eye.

It has been a while since I actually played the TCG, and if it is a basic like Archaic says it may be worth it.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Actually, it has some problems to work out: my second time playing, the first opponent has a normal deck, you can choose Fire/Water/Grass. Sounds okay, right? Unfortunately, the cards are far too fragmented to evolve, and the guy played a Chansey: 90 HP, from the HGSS expansion pack. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chansey_(HeartGold_%26_SoulSilver_58))

He ended up just using Happy Punch every time to victory. With my Pokémon having 60 HP each, there was no way I could win, especially with healing all the time with his lucky coin flips. The deck had no Energy Removal cards, which would've been handy.

THUNDERBOLT....GO!!!!!! jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes it does have a few bugs. Its frozen on me a few times after I evolve a pkmn or clicked too fast. Overall, I think it will be great for those of us who have not played with real pokemon cards in a long time (thus are not familiar with some of the changes that they've made to the overall game) and for those who cannot always get out to leagues or tournaments. I'm actually pretty excited for the full version to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post

Azumarill: Aqua Rabbit. No. Fuck you.

^^^^^^ credit goes to Alex800: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=91349

I played again, and he still got the same Chansey. Luckily, I managed to get the jump on him and quickly evolve my Horsea into a Seaking.

My award for winning was a virtual Kingdra card. Not sure if I could use it to build it into the deck, though.

EDIT: Looks like I could in the future, there's a Deck Builder "coming soon", plus another option that says "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" that's "coming soon" (as opposed to the current "Play"), leading me to believe there might be an option to play head-to-head with a real person, which would be cool.
    Last edited by PS3D; 2nd April 2011 at 03:51 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PS3D View Post
    Looks like I could in the future, there's a Deck Builder "coming soon", plus another option that says "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" that's "coming soon" (as opposed to the current "Play"), leading me to believe there might be an option to play head-to-head with a real person, which would be cool.
    100% right there. Launches later this year.

Cool. I'm wondering about communications between players though. I'm betting on crappy pre-conceived phrases (which would suck), but if they didn't, they'd leave it open for foul-mouthed junior high kids, pedophiles, and other creeps.

Apparently, there is a chance that you will find a code in the Black and White booster packs witch will unlock a closed beta with Deck Builder and PvP TCG Online.

Spriteshop | URPG Stats

SoulSilver FC: 0045-9985-8956

Quote Originally Posted by pokeranger View Post
    Apparently, there is a chance that you will find a code in the Black and White booster packs witch will unlock a closed beta with Deck Builder and PvP TCG Online.
    Where did you hear that?
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    The official forums. As far as I am aware, the codes will not be in retail packs, but will be in prerelease packs.

Go figure, I'm not going to be able to make it to a prerelease.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Cool. I'm wondering about communications between players though. I'm betting on crappy pre-conceived phrases (which would suck), but if they didn't, they'd leave it open for foul-mouthed junior high kids, pedophiles, and other creeps.
    There are a pile of pre-conceived phrases in the coding that never get used, so probably, yes. I'm assuming they would get shown your City but that the site needs to validate as a valid City name.

My award for winning was a virtual Kingdra card. Not sure if I could use it to build it into the deck, though.
    When you win a card it's automatically built into your deck, replacing something the game thinks is less valuable, most often, Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    There are a pile of pre-conceived phrases in the coding that never get used, so probably, yes. I'm assuming they would get shown your City but that the site needs to validate as a valid City name.

When you win a card it's automatically built into your deck, replacing something the game thinks is less valuable, most often, Energy.
    I did some testing with "City". You can't leave it blank, but "none" is apparently okay. I tested "Hell, Michigan" and "Fucking, Austria" (no, really), but both were rejected (for obvious reasons).

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Here's that list of phrases I mentioned, although that they haven't implemented it yet probably means it will change by the time they do. For example a couple of phrases could do with fullstops... >.>
    Phrases
    Emoticons

EDIT: Looks like bulbagarden ate some of the emoticons, so you may have to click 'quote' on this post to see the actual text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast