Pokemon city TCG tourneys 2010

Thread: Pokemon city TCG tourneys 2010

Default Pokemon city TCG tourneys 2010

How has everyone made out so far in the city tourneys?
    I personally, in my first city ever, went 2-4 with a ChampChomp deck, attempting to combine Machamp SF with Garchomp C, Infernape E4, and Gallade E4. Needless to say, it didnt really work. Anyone have better or worse luck?
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon city TCG tourneys 2010

My Shay-leaf deck isn't pulling the weight I thought it would. I'm pulling an abysmal 0-4, though every match but one was a close one that came down to the three turn endgame.

I'll say, my first round was enjoyable no matter how I played. He had an Uxie Solitaire deck that was just fun to watch. I was boggled at how he could deck out in the first turn, of course using Uxie's Psychic restore with plus powers every turn ensured a clean deck his next round.

He was disappointed because I got a full bench my first turn and his poketurning Crobats couldn't eat out my team. [That's usually his clencher]

I really loved the match.

-In Simple Harmony-

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon city TCG tourneys 2010

I'm also pulling a prett shitty record. I'm 1-4 in my only Cities, with Machamp.

I go expecting a meta full of SP. The Champ deck was will-built, but it simply didn't hold up against my matchups. Round one, I played a DialgaChomp. Should have been an easy win, but whiffing on a Fighting energy for three straight turns, along with the Toxitank line he was playing, made it a rough game. I ended up losing, and he went on to win the next three Cities he played in with that deck.

Game two was against another Machamp. I 6-0'd him easily. Three, four, and five were against Gyarados, VileGar, and Charizard, respectively. All three are virtual autolosses. The fuck?

There are two more Cities this weekend, and I'd be playing my Gyarados if I were to go, but finals are next week so looks like I'm done until States.