Playing Pokémon TCG again

Thread: Playing Pokémon TCG again

Default Playing Pokémon TCG again

OK, I read "The Cost of a Good Deck" and "Finding a League", and I'd kind of like to play with real people. The problem is that I don't want to invest too much money, especially considering that I don't want to be in it for the long haul, but I also want to utilize some of my older decks. I have an EX Dragon deck I've never opened (60 cards still wrapped!), plus a Neo Genesis pre-constructed deck, Aquapolis pre-constructed, Thunderbolt pre-constructed, and of course, the Starter Set from Base 2, and some other cards I collected.

Should I:
    a) Contact the local league and see if they play Unlimited?
    or
    b) Get a B&W pre-constructed deck and a few booster packs just so I can play, even if I might lose fairly consistently?

I bought a booster pack for Call of Legends and it was $3.79, and with tax, it came out to be $4.10. Didn't packs used to be less than $3?
    Last edited by PS3D; 15th April 2011 at 02:40 PM.

Default Re: Playing Pokémon TCG again

single packs at retail stores almost always cost $4 without tax, so actually you got it a little cheap for where you bought it. Buying them in bulk usually makes them quite a bit cheaper
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have card stores in your area, check those. They usually sell older cards cheap in those card boxes used for bulk baseball cards.

Contact em first though and see if they play unlimited. If they do, you can save money by getting old cards cheap.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Well, I emailed the place a few days ago, and they only play Modified. Bummer. At the very least, I have to purchase a new preconstructed deck.