Number of Energy cards in a deck?

Thread: Number of Energy cards in a deck?

Default Number of Energy cards in a deck?

I actually thought my deck were kind of good and well thought out... but then I read about the World Championship decks and if they are really copies of championship decks then I have no clue... none of them have more then 15 and some only 7 energy card... My deck has 26.
    How do these people handle having that few energy cards and how many do you all have in yours?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Number of Energy cards in a deck?

Many people use decks that don't need much energy at all, such as Jumpluff and Gyarados.

Jumpluff analysis by the winner Jwittz: http://www.sixprizes.com/tag/jumpluff-hs/
    Gyarados by the same guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJWittz#p/u/24/tp_3Jd4gMMU

Myself, I run 14 energy. Its a bit more than most, but I run Lumineon MT/Feraligatr Prime.

See This, and This. Reverse stream adds up damage and returns energy to hand, and Feraligatr re-attaches. Most mainstream decks don't run nearly that much, but I'm thinking of adding more.

So there you are. Although, what's your decks strategy? Why does it have that much anyway?

Blog Entries

Decks can be as many energy cards as you want. About 15-27 is fine. Lately, preconstructed decks by the Pokemon Company usually contain about 24.

That's how many are in mine.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

My deck is based on pokemons with Sabrina in it's name complimented by 11 trainer cards were more then half only gives an upper hand if it's Sabrina's pokemons. The only reason for the many energy cards is that I hate not having the power to attack.

I don't think I'll change my Sabrina deck, but now I'm curious to see if this less-than-20-energy-cards stragegy works, so I think I'll try building a new Psychic deck with none-Sabrina pokemons...

Blog Entries

My old Fire deck had only 10 Fire Energy and four Psychic Energy, but the deck focused on recycling, so I never truly ran short.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Never, ever, ever run any more than 17 energy in any deck. Ever.

You'll get thrashed in competitive play, since your deck will be inconsistent without a reliable, very large trainer engine.

I generally run around ten or eleven.