More deck help

Thread: More deck help

Add Venya on Facebook Add Venya on Google+
    Visit Venya's Youtube Channel

Default More deck help

I could really use some help. I'm not the best deck builder at all. I mean I have yet to win a battle because of this. I rarely get to play so I'm not the best battler either. I always have fun thought hence why I continue it at all. So here is a deck I have made recently. WARNING! I am limited in cards. I only have one box of cards and that box is small. I gave away my cards one day and had to start over. So do not expect any rare cards or anything really.

12- Psychic energy
    12- fire energy

Normal pokemon
    2-skitty
    1-delcatty
    2- Meowth
    1- persian
    1- eevee
    1- tauros
    1- Latias
    1-Zangoose

Psychic pokemon
    2- gastly
    2-Haunter
    2- Gengar
    2- Venipede
    2-whirlipede
    1-scolipede
    1-drowzee
    1-hypno

Trainers
    Supporter- Cheren- draw 3 cards- 2
    item- pokedex - Look at the top 5 cards of your deck in any order- 1
    item- energy retrieval - put 2 basic energy cards from your discard pile into your hand-1
    item- energy search - search your deck for a basic energy card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. shuffle your deck- 1
    supporter- Cilan - Search your deck for 3 basic energy cards, reveal them, put them into your hand,Shuffle your deck afterwards. - 1
    Item- Heavy Ball - search your deck a pokemon with a retreat cost of 3 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle afterwards. - 1
    Supporter- Professor Juniper - Discard your hand and draw 7 cards- 1
    Trainer- switch -Switch 1 of your active pokemon with 1 of your benched pokemon - 1
    supporter- Professor Birch -draw cards from your deck until you have 6 cards in your hand -1

So what do you all think?
    Last edited by Venya; 28th April 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Default Re: More deck help

@Venya; Hmm, I'd love to help out but there are like 16 Skittys XD Can you tell us what set the cards are from? Thought if you are using Delcatty (Platinum 4/126) I really like the combination of its Ability and Power Heal attack!

Given the proportions of your cards I fear that you might end up getting your hand Flooded and unusable. Either waiting for Energy or Pokemon.

To think on:

• Pokedex won't help if your deck is Flooded as far as I know.
    • With Cheren/Cilan/Juniper/Birch as your Drawing/Cycle power you might be able to get yourself out of a Flooding bind, but they are all supporters. I don't know the Pokemon, so I can't say what their Techs are like.
    • Just remember that you can only have 6 Pokemon out. Without super scoop you may end up team locked. Too many options?
    • There is a lot of drawing without reintroducing cards to your deck. You could Deck Out...

What I would do:

• Professor Oak's New Theory/Sage's Training
    • More Trainer Items (Junk Arm, Super Rod, Catcher, Sky Arrow Bridge and the like. Keep the deck plush) Keep an eye out for VilePlume though!
    • Energy Problems? Burning Tower/Eelectrik/Super Rod/Blah Blah
    • Reduce the variation in Pokemon to a core group, include rare candies, Level Ball for Basics/Heavy Ball for evolutions.

Ah, who am I kidding! I don't know what I'm talking about!

No its helpful.. I think. I'm not sure what version of Delcatty I have. How do I tell? I mean it says 34/100 on the bottom but you can barely see it. All my cards are all mixed together.

@Venya; That Delcatty is from EX Sandstorm. You can tell the set by looking at the set symbol on the bottom right of the card near the 34/100 number! Look at this list to help identify them. You can also usually find the right card by using just the Card Number of Total like you gave me :D.

That Ultra Energy Source is a decent attack. A dumbed down version of Mewtwo EX's X Ball. Skitty from the same set is a decent energy cycler, but having to use an attack to do it is a pain. Its almost like your trading Skitty for a Prize card. It would only be good for setup, but then you have to have a way to get Energy into the discard outside of drawing your hand.

That's kind of why I have allot of energy though. So I can get some.... If I'm lucky. sometimes it doesn't work. I'm using fire as well because Latias uses fire. I also have ways to get energy. I feel like I don't have enough items or trainer cards though.

@Venya; The best way to figure out what you need for your deck is to play test. I have several decks that I think are in testing enough to provide a challenge. It will give you an opportunity to see how many trainers/energy/pokemon you get out. Get in touch with me on AIM@Thuzle if you can or let me know your preferred way. We can play a game and see how it does.

@Thuzle; I don't know how BebeSearch works. Like how do I get my cards on there? I want to create my deck not with something I don't have?

@Venya; Ugh, apparently you can't use cards not in the current rotation in Bebesearch. What a pain... We're going to have to use RedShark instead for older decks.