Lol most of my freinds cards are fake!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lol most of my freinds cards are fake!

Shizam!! In your face!!! Aqua_vaporeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Lol most of my freinds cards are fake!

Well my freind has a load of fake cards that he thought was real but they we're fake. He even had a sticker one and thats as LOW as you can go with fake cards. He bought them off dodgy markets in town so theres not really much surprise there to be honest, i buy mine from a shop called funnily enough GAME that sells games...the real british price for a typical booster pack would be £3.00 or if the booster was released quite early 50p more. My freind buys them for 80p each. Theres not much surprise there seen as there worth nothing.

When i found out i made him trade back the cards i traded him, my actual authentic cards for cheap fake crap. He had a Dialga, Palkia and Giratina card that he claimed had been in one pack. Guess how we knew they we're fake!

The artwork was washy and smudged.
    The surface of the card was horible and jagged
    He said he only bought the pack yesterday and there was already dirt all over them.
    The borders where a mile off. (sometimes the makers have to move it for some reason but they put a logo at the bottom to say so. His cards diddnt have the logo)
    And last and no means least...THE GIRATINA CARD HAD'NT EVEN BEEN RELESED YET!!!

When my other freind who's good at spotting fakes told him that nearly half of his deck was fake he was totally devistated. Really it just teaches him a lesson in not to buy cards from Bolton market =]. Its worth the money to buy real cards than buy fake shit, they arent worth a penny and arent aloud in tournament play. So yeah, if i was you i would spend just the right amount of money on real cards.
    HERE TO STOP TEAM ROCKET!

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lol most of my freinds cards are fake!

oh boy... you'd think that so long as he had actually seen an official card hoe could determine what was fake. From what you're saying all they were missing was the floating neon sign saying, "FAKE"

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

It's usually quite easy to spot fake cards because a lot of websites are telling you what to notice, like the 'bloated' energy symbols, simple typos and the back of the card being a lighter shade. Plus the fake cards are generally easier to bend and are lighter in weight.

My father recently went to a car-boot sale. A woman was selling boxes of Pokemon cards so my dad bought me a box. I was quite chuffed, but I knew they were fake. The boxing looks authentic enough. There's three holo's in there, Sneasel, Cradily and Drifblim and I would have had trouble telling them apart from actual cards - until you look at the writing. One card is even called Exeggutot. There is no spaces after punctuation either, e.g "Flip a coin,if heads..." and several of the cards are missing, including the one on the boxart, Luxray, lol.

But it's not a big problem because they were only £2 and I didn't buy them so I don't need to shame myself for buying fake cards. ^^ They're the only fake cards I know are fake. I fear my Feraligatr might be but it doesn't look like it tbh. I usually just buy the booster packs because you know they are authentic when bought from places like HMV and Game. It's still unlucky for your friend though.

Blog Entries

Yeah he was so devistated XD
    People are sayign his Yu-gi-oh cards are fake too. I dont like yu-gi-oh so i wouldnt really know if they we're or not. LOL.

Blog Entries

My friend got a bunch of japanese cards from his cousins, me and my buddies declared they were fake.
    He started crying, cuz those were his only cards he had at the time.
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

Blog Entries

This is Why i only buy Pokemon Cards From walgreen.

but i had Fake Pokemon cards like some cards me and my Friend Traded to someone were fake...it only took us a few amount of time to realize it and we got the majority of our cards back and we get to keep the fake cards which all are on my box which i call the hall of Fake..

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bought a bunch of these from Chinese vendors in Boston. They were all from mixed up series, in one Aqua/Magma pack. There was a Torterra, an Empoleon, a Dialga, and an Infernape in three packs. I found out they were fake because the weight, weird energy symbols, the backside was dark, and the Empoleon said PokeBody for Supreme Command instead of PokePower.

I also had a Tailow like this, that said "Swellow" and an Aipom that said "Hanuman." They were both from "Emerald" and the copyrights said "Ninfendo." They looked like this: (Fake on the left)

And this video was of great help to me also.
    Last edited by Dewgong Reign; 29th June 2009 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Did you report them? Cuz that's fraud, and they could get in a lot of trouble for that.
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was Chinatown, so if they were using false copyright claims for Nintendo, they'd find some way out of it. I kind of wanted to sue 'em, but then I'd have to dig the wrappers and cards out of the trash and put on a suit for court... *yawn* too much work. Besides, this was almost three years ago.

Besides actually having to look at the cards, are there any other ways to identify fakes? Say, packaging, perhaps?

エドワード エルリック ウィンリィ ロックベル

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua_vaporeon View Post
    Yeah he was so devistated XD
    People are sayign his Yu-gi-oh cards are fake too. I dont like yu-gi-oh so i wouldnt really know if they we're or not. LOL.
    I could tell you, if I could see them. Back when I was into YGO, I was the school champ. Until Zach and Ben and Skyler got into it but that doesn't realyl matter.

One thing to look for is the silver square at the bottom of the card. If it isn't there, consider it fake.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm heavily debating HoSing this...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    I could tell you, if I could see them. Back when I was into YGO, I was the school champ. Until Zach and Ben and Skyler got into it but that doesn't realyl matter.

One thing to look for is the silver square at the bottom of the card. If it isn't there, consider it fake.
    yeah i heard if the square is shiny gold its american and if its silver its british.

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    I'm heavily debating HoSing this...
    No rules have been broken though, have they?
    "DRWS you are the god damned devil"
    I HAVE A BROKEN KEYBOARD.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tRunWithScizor! View Post
    No rules have been broken though, have they?
    HoS isn't mainly for posts that break rules... it's for odd or dumb threads. >_<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast