Japanese 1st edition holo skyridge raikou

Thread: Japanese 1st edition holo skyridge raikou

Default Japanese 1st edition holo skyridge raikou

Bought this for £4 off a guy in a germany. Can't find any others on ebay (anywhere in the world) and no decent pics on google. Its this card:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqMOKkUE3t)tQJ+ZBOD3y8H)VQ~~0_35.JPG
    Only mint and has 1st edition logo next to the set symbol. How rare is this card and how much could it be worth??
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails %24-kgrhqmokkue3t-tqj-zbod3y8h-vq%7E%7E0_35.jpg  
    Last edited by mudkip99; 6th September 2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Diamond FC: 2278 7854 4784
    Black FC: 0948 4516 0029
    Y FC: 2062 9352 1117

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Japanese 1st edition holo skyridge raikou

Whoa...I'm not sure, I'm no expert on the TCG and I've only recently gotten into it. I'm not sure how much it's worth due to the tournament format...
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Here is the photo off ebay %24t2ec16dhjgye9noojjisbqp5ysdnog%7E%7E60_12.jpg

Blog Entries

My pricing is about $15-$30. I'm not sure about the Japanese version but the English version is $30.
    the Japanese version is sometimes worth more than the English.
    Its number is h26/h32 meaning it is one of the secret rare skyridge cards. Since it is 1st edition its probably worth twice that.
    Krage sreym

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonhunter View Post
    My pricing is about $15-$30. I'm not sure about the Japanese version but the English version is $30.
    the Japanese version is sometimes worth more than the English.
    Its number is h26/h32 meaning it is one of the secret rare skyridge cards. Since it is 1st edition its probably worth twice that.
    Whoa there... you are pricing the english version pretty high there... it's not worth more than $3-4. It is not a secret rare card, all the regular holos in aquapolis and skyridge were numbered like this to further differentiate them from their non-holo counterparts. Only the non-holos had codes to scan in the e-reader and reverse-holo forms.

This is pretty pointless anyway, comparing an unlimited English run one to a Japanese 1st edition one is like comparing apples to oranges...

Unfortunately, I really have no guess on it's worth. But it sounds like what you payed for it is probably a good deal.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

thanks guys for your help. It arrived today from germany and it looks sweeeeeeet! I doubt i'll sell it. I still have no idea of its value as I can't find any others on the internet anywhere so i'll just hang on to it in the hope that its incredibly rare!! :D

edit: found out the japanese set that it is from is the E4 set, 'split earth' which was combined with the E5 set, 'Mysterious Mountains', to form the english released 'Skyridge' set. So in a sense it is equivalent in rarity to english 1st edition holos from the early sets up to neo destiny. Based on this I personally value it at around £15 (as this is the value of the 1st edition neo revelation raikou holo), maybe up to £20 on a good day as it is so hard to find on sites like ebay. So yes- i think I got a good deal :) and in any case- it makes a great addition to my collection.
    Last edited by mudkip99; 13th September 2012 at 09:00 AM.