Jamboree?

Thread: Jamboree?

Default Jamboree?

One of the greatest regrets I've had in the decisions of TPCi is why they didn't allow Wizards of the Coast to publish Jamboree. Not much is known about it outside WOTC.

From a WOTC Friday chat, 2003:
    master_trainer_mike presents the speaker with question #631 from lepi1962:
    Which cards will be in Jamboree (vending, WOTC own, or)?
    master_trainer_mike says, "Ahhhh grasshopper, wait and see :)"
    Bulbapedia says this:
    The basis of Jamboree is exactly what its name implied; a fun mix of Pokémon cards. Taking cues from other previously unreleased sets Crosstrainer and the Unnamed Wizards Set, Jamboree was going to have a number of cards Wizards created on their own and other cards never previously released in English from sets like the Vending Machine cards and other promos. Ultimately, Jamboree might have actually brought American and European players up to date with Japanese players, as many Japanese cards have yet to be released in English.
    A lot for this set, like promotional material and box and pack designs, were created, finalized and ready to be released. However, Nintendo prevented this set from being released, so it never made it into the hands of players.
    This is really aggravating because not only is it never going to be released, WotC has never ever told anyone what it was going to be like. No scans, no information, no nothing.

What do you think?

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jamboree?

I don't really find it that irritating because, to be honest, I don't believe any print copies of the cards ever existed. I mean, the concept was there, but the set just wasn't. It probably wasn't anything super-special.

It would actually probably be more irritating if they did tell us what was in the set, because then we'd know what we were missing out on.

They had finalized a great number of things, apparently, including pre-constructed decks.

We know that it contained some Vending cards, but also WOTC-created cards.

I imagine that all ~100 Vending cards would be included, maybe the McDonald's e-Cards, a few Japanese promos (maybe Imakuni?'s Doduo, from Gym 2, too!), and some Wizard-created cards. Upgrade all with some rudimentary e-Card barcodes, and send it out!

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

If anything, it would be more cruel if they shown us, because then we'd see what we missed out on.