How do you keep your cards? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep your cards?

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you keep your cards?

I use just a regular 15 cent floppy binder and those pocket pages you can get at any hobby or card store. Sometimes I use individual sleeves and then put THOSE into the pocket pages for extra protection.

And I end up using those full-sheet size sleeves for jumbo cards and oversized cards. But they're really vulnerable to bending still, so I'm thinking of sammiching them between cardboard too.

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For most of my cards, I keep 'em in a huge red tin with Ash, Misty, Pikachu, and Brock on the front, which has about 500 cards. My holos and valuables, like my awesome first card(Base Set Pikachu) are in a huge binder. My decks are in handmade Shaymin deck boxes, and finally I collect the tins and put the wrappers from the packs in them. What? The art is cool, and the wrappers make selling them easier..

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa-Paratroopa View Post
    For most of my cards, I keep 'em in a huge red tin with Ash, Misty, Pikachu, and Brock on the front, which has about 500 cards. My holos and valuables, like my awesome first card(Base Set Pikachu) are in a huge binder. My decks are in handmade Shaymin deck boxes, and finally I collect the tins and put the wrappers from the packs in them. What? The art is cool, and the wrappers make selling them easier..
    I used to do that, but I left them out one day when I was organizing them and my mom threw them all away...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dewgong Rain View Post
    I used to do that, but I left them out one day when I was organizing them and my mom threw them all away...
    That sucks. Thankfully the only Pokemon things that my parents throw out is the Lucario tins I have to buy just to get the Stormfront packs...

On a side note, all I need to do is get a Zapdos pack from Arceus and a Raikou pack from Unleashed to finish my collection of Gen IV packs!

I thought I was the only person to keep the packs... I have all of the DP on pack wrappers aside from 1 undaunted, don't remember which. I have well over 200 of those wrappers

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I just have them the long side down (like a bag of toast where the slices are super thin). They're organised first by type (Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Psychic, Colorless, Metal, Darkness, Trainers) and each subset is then sorted alphabetically by Pokémon name (energies come first, then everything starting with A, then B, etc.). If I have multiples of same Pokémon, they're then listed from oldest to newest.

They're at the back of my drawer. I rarely need to do anything with them.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

I'll miss you, blue blob. Mutak94's Avatar

I group all my card by type, and wrap a rubber band around each group. And I put all of that together in a Nike shoebox. My deck is put aside from the type groups.

This awesome banner was made by Blazaking EX.

I keep them in my DS box and my decks in my collectors tin. I sort them by Energy, Rare, Uncommon , Common and Fake/not legal. I might get a binder some though and sort them in the same way.

Definitely binder for me, no matter what. I keep all cards of the same pokémon in one (sometimes 2 if I have a lot) sleeve(s) by when they were released in the game. I personally prefer to organize it by type and then keep pokémon, trainers/supporters, and energy separate.
    So... I herd u liek Mudkipz?

Blog Entries

Whoa, I assume your name is pronounced "scisorlicious"? :D

So I tried the binder thing, and I found it extremely difficult to take out all the cards whenever I want to play (my sister likes to play too, so I need to extract two decks worth of cards from my collection), so I ended up just putting them all in various deck boxes instead, with every card pocketed up in a nice penny sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewgong Rain View Post
    Ouch, man, that's got to be the worst way to lose a collection of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by §¢¡zø®Í¡§©¡øµ§ View Post
    Definitely binder for me, no matter what. I keep all cards of the same pokémon in one (sometimes 2 if I have a lot) sleeve(s) by when they were released in the game. I personally prefer to organize it by type and then keep pokémon, trainers/supporters, and energy separate.
    I wouldn't put more than 2 cards in a sleeve (1 on each side) for 2 reasons 1) you run the risk of braking the sleeve, and 2) you stretch out the sleeve so that if you only want 1 or two cards in that pocket they will be very loose. (I used to do the same thing, thats why I know

My super rare cards go into sleeves then into toploaders. From there I like to keep them in a cardboard box thingy specially for trading cards. Everything else goes into a binder.

Yeah, that's a good point Palbert6393... normally if I have more than 5 or 6 cards per sleeve, I'll put them in a separate one so I don't run into that. I need more space so I can put each separate edition of the card in a different sleeve... >.< breaking the sleeve hasn't really been a problem for me though.
    And @Sajuukar, my username is pronounced "(whichever-way-you-pronounce-scizor) and then "liscious" :P
    personally, I say a long 'e' sound (so it's like "SEE zor")
    So... I herd u liek Mudkipz?

Blog Entries

Heh, I got a pleasant surprise buying cards today...

I got a box of around 300 cards for $5, all in a hand-drawn Manaphy box with Arwing stickers all over it...that's definetely going in my collection. :)

Blog Entries

2 huge binders, one for the awesome holo cards and the other for everything else, organized by type. However, I gave all my cards away to my sisters last year :)
    My Black Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast