How do I tell if my cards are real or not?

Thread: How do I tell if my cards are real or not?

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How do I tell if my cards are real or not?

I'm pretty sure they're bootleged. They feel all floppy and they look like rubbish quality.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

I'll miss you, blue blob. Mutak94's Avatar

Default Re: How do I tell if my cards are real or not?

It can be hard to tell if the card is real if you look at its front side, try looking at the back side of the card and comparing it with one of the real cards you've got. The fake card is always much, much darker than the real one. And if the card is darker, be sure not to confuse it with an old card, because cards get darker with time. Take an old card just to be sure, because the fake card will look different than an old card too.
    I know this sounds silly, but that's how I do it. I hope I helped!

This awesome banner was made by Blazaking EX.

Blog Entries

yeah they're fake. I compared them like you said, and you were right, but I also noticed that although I got a Legends Awakened pack, a Stormfront pack, and a Great Encounters pack, they were all from the Stormfront set. Shame too, I got a Shiny Raichu, Magnezone, Mismagius, Lumineon, Infernape, Dusknoir, and Abomasnow :P it's not a complete catastrophe though. I didn't actually buy them, my friend found them in her room.

Thanks for the help :)
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

to be entirely sure, if you hold the cards up to the light they will be more transparent than the real ones

Aye... it's got much harder to tell if they're fake. Back in the day of the first gen cards... If your cards looked like they should be bizarre disco freebies and actually peeled off from their backs and became /stickers/... yeahhh, they were only 100 percetas from Spain, which I promise you is not a lot at all. -laughs-

Anyway, what Palbert6393 said, fake cards in my experience are usually printed on thinner, less quality material than real ones.

Blog Entries
    Follow Tripleton On Twitter Add Tripleton on Facebook

I once got a set of cards, and one of them's back was coming off. I pulled it off, to find that it was fake. I was dooped!

Quote Originally Posted by Solrock View Post
    I once got a set of cards, and one of them's back was coming off. I pulled it off, to find that it was fake. I was dooped!
    Like... one card stuck on top of another, or like me, the backs came off because they were sticker card thingies? :0

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

That's why the only places you should buy cards are real stores, even though it'll be more expensive than a street vendor or something. But at least you'd be getting the real thing. :|

And how did your friend get them, Nostalgia?
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

So I learnt. :c I was only a kid though, about 8 or 9, possibly younger. It was a long time ago before Spain and the rest of Europe started using Euros as currency.

Blog Entries
    Follow Tripleton On Twitter Add Tripleton on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Zoku View Post
    Like... one card stuck on top of another, or like me, the backs came off because they were sticker card thingies? :0

It was like a sticker stuck to a piece of paper.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zoku View Post
    Aye... it's got much harder to tell if they're fake. Back in the day of the first gen cards... If your cards looked like they should be bizarre disco freebies and actually peeled off from their backs and became /stickers/... yeahhh, they were only 100 percetas from Spain, which I promise you is not a lot at all. -laughs-

Anyway, what Palbert6393 said, fake cards in my experience are usually printed on thinner, less quality material than real ones.
    I had one of those as a child of a Moltres. It was the coolest card I owned, I was devestated when i found out it was fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    That's why the only places you should buy cards are real stores, even though it'll be more expensive than a street vendor or something. But at least you'd be getting the real thing. :|

And how did your friend get them, Nostalgia?
    I dunno, I think she got them off a friend who didn't want them. I'm pretty sure they were from America, and I live in the UK so, I have no way of knowing really.