Help with a card

Thread: Help with a card

Question Help with a card

This is my first post!!

Anyway, I am in the process of sorting through my Pokemon cards in the hopes of selling them ( really need the cash) when I found a rather unusual Machop card. It is the original set Machop card, except all of the text has been... unbolded, I guess is the word for it. Most of the text is alot thinner than usual, but besides that there is nothing unusual about the card. Is this a badly made fake, or (as I desperately hope it to be) potentially valuable card errata? I searched google, but I could not find anywhere that had a list of errata or their potential values.

Default Re: Help with a card

Quote Originally Posted by LockePhilote View Post
    This is my first post!!

Anyway, I am in the process of sorting through my Pokemon cards in the hopes of selling them ( really need the cash) when I found a rather unusual Machop card. It is the original set Machop card, except all of the text has been... unbolded, I guess is the word for it. Most of the text is alot thinner than usual, but besides that there is nothing unusual about the card. Is this a badly made fake, or (as I desperately hope it to be) potentially valuable card errata? I searched google, but I could not find anywhere that had a list of errata or their potential values.
    It probably will not be a fake (but in order to make sure, you'll need to provide a scan so that someone with experience handling lots of cards can tell for sure.) Base Set is notorious for having numerous print runs, which would explain why it looks different than other cards. It's most likely just a print run variant.