Grass Deck Help Needed

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Airik

Thread: Grass Deck Help Needed

Default Grass Deck Help Needed

Hello everyone. I'm just now getting back into the Pokémon Trading Card Game and I bought the Green Tornado theme deck and wanted to build a competitive deck out of it. Problem is, I've never played competitively in the Pokémon TCG before, so I need help.

Here are three main Pokémon I would like to run, but I'm not going to require it as I don't know if it's good or not. But they are as follows:

Serperior (Royal Heal)
    Lilligant (Aromax)
    Sawsbuck (Nature Power)

Serperior can easily heal everything once per turn, plus I plan to use x4 Potions. In addition, Lilligant can completely heal benched Pokémon with ease. I thought this would be a nice combination to make the opponent mad, as well as keeping your own Pokémon alive.

I also saw how Sawsbuck can cause a lot of damage with all the grass energies in use, so it'll work nicely in this deck I'm sure.

One thing I think would be useful here is a way to get Pokémon to switch without using a retreat cost. The plan is to save the energies, not use them.

Anyone think they could help here? Thanks in advance.

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

Default Re: Grass Deck Help Needed

Hello Im kinda new here so ill tell you the grass deck im running currently

3x Serperior (one Royal heal 2x Leaf Storm) - I keep the royal heal on the bench and just swap out the other two as they have no retreat cost this allows me to heal all my grass types for 30 a turn and which ever serp has taken a battering can sit on the bench and get a turn or two being healed.

2x Virizion (i use the one with double draw) - this allows me to get more cards into my hand and hopefully get the Serperiors onto the bench faster

2x Leavany (Leaf Tailor) - This is really there if i come across pesky fire types basically it means that any pokemon with an energy attached has no weakness

2x Liligant (aromax) - Incase i run out of heals

Various Great/level balls and pokemon Communications to make sure i get the pokemon i need out faster, and to top it all of a pokemon center this allows me to heal one benched pokemon for an additional 20 a turn, with this set up i could retreat a damaged pokemon put in a serperior and heal from the damaged pokemon 60 points of damage before i swap it back in
    PikahPal likes this.

@PikahPal; What do you want your deck to do? Sweep with Damage, Stall with Healing, Stall with Energy Removal, Deck out some other way? Once you have that idea down it will help flesh out the deck. My suggestions are based on Stalling/Deck Out with Healing. If you can gain a deck advantage then abuse Supporters that make both players discard and draw (As long as your set up).

Its unfortunate that they are all evolved Pokemon, could make it difficult to get them out. To keep everything, including energy I would say:

Switch
    Junk Arm
    Super Scoop Up
    Pokemon Catcher
    Rare Candy (To reduce setup time)

I'm slightly tired, so I can't think too much on the Pokemon TECH front. You could add Smoochum to futher screw over their attempts at getting any decent attack out. Beware Damage Counters!
    Again, too tired.

Well, I was going more for beating down my opponent while healing all my pokemon... which is why i wanted to combo those healing pokemon with sawsbuck.