Getting Started - What to Do?

Thread: Getting Started - What to Do?

Default Getting Started - What to Do?

So, I am a complete newbie to the Pokemon TCG. Well, I had cards when I was 6 or so, but never did anything with them. But, I'd really love to get into playing the game. I have played a lot of the Pokemon TCG Online game and love it - now I want to build my own deck. But, I have absolutely no idea what I should buy. I'm willing to spend around 40-50 Euros on it initially, and I'm mostly interested in cards I can also use online. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go first? Also, what are the best internet resources for Pokemon TCG? Thanks in advance!

Denki the Pokemon Breeder Denki Wolf's Avatar

Default Re: Getting Started - What to Do?

The pokemon tcg is a lot of fun, but can get a bit confusing.
    We are in the current series is Boundaries Crossed and it's the second in the line to have the new dragon types in it.
    The dragon type can be a bit confusing, so if possible, I would suggest trying to get a bit of an older one, maybe next destinies.
    That could be a good place to start.
    Also, buying boosters is your friend.
    Even if you don't get what you want then, those cards can come in use later.
    Best resource is.... well, us.
    Bulbapedia has a great list of all the current, and even old, cards, packs, and series.
    As for building your deck, wait till you have cards to decide to do that.
    Though, thinking of what type you want to do now may not be a bad idea either.

Hope this helped a bit.
    If you want anymore help, send me an Pm, or even post on my page any time.

Made Sig and Avi

Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Started - What to Do?

go to the Pokemon website and look into the events and league places
    its worth the trip to visit one and it can benefit you greatly
    everyone there plays either the video game or tcg (depending on which they host) and they're very helpful
    there are people from the League there and you can pretty much ask them anything from tips to what to do and how to play
    me and my brother go to one every Saturday and have a lot of fun, even if you have a budget deck there are people willing to trade and as Denki said, boosters are your friends