Flashfire set being sold early

Thread: Flashfire set being sold early

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Default Flashfire set being sold early

I was at Walmart today and happened to pass by the TCG section and saw they were selling cards from the Flashfire expansion, so I grabbed a few packs, got some cool cards, didn't think too much about it. However, since I'm going to Japan on Tuesday, I remembered that they weren't supposed to be released in America until after I was in already in Japan.

So.... is it illegal/against Nintendo of America's rules for Walmart to be selling the cards 5 days before the release date, or do they have some sort of deal that allows them to do it? I'm curious since companies have gotten in trouble for things like this in the past.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Default Re: Flashfire set being sold early

Cards are sold though the distributors to vendors, who stock the shelves at all the stores around (Target, Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, etc). TCG sets end up just getting put into the store when the vendors get them, which tends to be the week before the set is released. It isn't terrible. It's better than not having the product until days after. It's just how it ends up most of the time.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Default Re: Flashfire set being sold early

Alright. I was just surprised since the last couple sets that have come out haven't been shelved until the actual release date or slightly after at this particular store.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.