Double-printed Cards

Thread: Double-printed Cards

Water's Great Guardian Lugia2478's Avatar

Question Double-printed Cards

I came across an odd card in a lot that someone gave to me about a year ago. The backside is perfectly normal, but the actual card face is blurry and the typeset looks thick. I assumed that it was a fake card, but today when I went out to a Battle Road tournament one of the professors there said that it was a card that had been double-printed. I was wondering if these are worth anything and/or how rare they are. I assume they must be pretty rare since I've only seen one in the last 14 years.
    The present is made possible by the ghosts of the past, and because there is a present, there will be a future. The past, therefore, is where the future begins.

Default Re: Double-printed Cards

what card?... i suppose its believeable. I would hold it up to a light with another card from that set. If its more transparent, then its fake. If not, could you post a pic here? I might be interested in trading for, it if its legitimate.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

I have seen a few. It's most likely a legitimate card, It just stuck to the card below it during printing.
    Diamond FC: 2923 5107 5280
    Soulsilver FC: 1806 7894 7011
    Black FC: 2923 8423 4128
    White 2 FC: 3826 7023 5969
    X FC: 0662 3148 7144

Water's Great Guardian Lugia2478's Avatar

The card is a Glaceon from Majestic Dawn. Here's a scan of it. The left edge is clipped off because of my obnoxious scanner settings, but I can assure you that the image/borders are centered (I know that one sign of a fake card is an off center print). Notice how everything is slightly blurry. It looks even stranger in real life.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    The present is made possible by the ghosts of the past, and because there is a present, there will be a future. The past, therefore, is where the future begins.