Deck Help

Thread: Deck Help

Default Deck Help

Okay, this deck is probably bad. It is really close to the Theme Deck from Crystal Guardians: Green Cyclone, because of the venusaur, combined with shaymin, is a kinda good combo, if you stick all the energy to shaymin.

Pokemon (23):

Venusaur x1 (EX-Crystal Guardians 28/100)
    Gulpin x1 (EX-Crystal Guardian 33/100)
    Shaymin x1 (Platinum 38/127)
    Sceptile x1 (POP Series 1 4/17)
    Scyther EX x1 (EX-Ruby & Sapphire 102/109)
    Shiftry x1 (EX-Deoxys 25/107)
    Nuzleaf x1 (EX-Power Keepers 36/108)
    Ivysaur x2 (EX-Crystal Guardian 34/100)
    Grovyle x2 (EX-Crystal Guardian 32/100)
    Treecko x4 (EX-Crystal Guardian 67/100)
    Bulbasaur x4 (EX-Crystal Guardian 45/100)
    Seedot x4 (EX-Crystal Guardian 60/100)

Trainer (9):

Stadiums:
    Power Tree x1 (EX-Legend Maker 76/192)

Supporter:
    Celio's Network x2 (EX-Crystal Guardians 73/100)

Item:
    Dual Ball x2 (EX-Crystal Guardian 78/100)
    Potion x2 (EX-Crystal Guardians 87/100)
    Energy Search x2 (EX-Crystal Guardians 86/100)

Energy (28):
    Grass (26)
    Dark (2)

And one more question, Special Dark Energy or Basic Dark Energy?

Default Re: Deck Help

Well one thing you should know... if you are attempting to build a deck to compete with in tournaments almost none of your cards are legal. Cards get rotated out around every to ye ars. There are some unlimited leagues, but I don't know how to help you with that...
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

really... darn. I have never played in a tornument and was hoping to with this deck.

Yeah the only legal cards on your list are dual ball, potion, energy search and the energy.if you want to play in a tournement, it might be worth going to the deck archetype page on bulbapedia.all the decks listed under hgss on are legal, because that is the current rotation.
    DIALGA 625

Visit RuBoo's Youtube Channel

The Venusaur's effect only changes Colorless Energy to Grass, which you have none of. I have a currently-legal Ninetales card in my deck that can pull Fire Energy from the Discard Pile, and from that, I created a deck that pulls cards from the Discard Pile. Though people have said that my deck is not good, maybe you should try basing a deck around one or two Pokemon.
    However, if you want to test it, I also have a less-legal deck based on the Types of Vulpix and Delta Species Vulpix (Fire and Psychic, respectively), so we may be able to play a forum-based game, if it's not against forum rules...

Quote Originally Posted by RuBoo View Post
    The Venusaur's effect only changes Colorless Energy to Grass, which you have none of. I have a currently-legal Ninetales card in my deck that can pull Fire Energy from the Discard Pile, and from that, I created a deck that pulls cards from the Discard Pile. Though people have said that my deck is not good, maybe you should try basing a deck around one or two Pokemon.
    However, if you want to test it, I also have a less-legal deck based on the Types of Vulpix and Delta Species Vulpix (Fire and Psychic, respectively), so we may be able to play a forum-based game, if it's not against forum rules...
    A forum-based game? you mean in a thread? I suppose there is no problem with that. Skype might be a better option though.
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Visit RuBoo's Youtube Channel

Well, I don't use Skype. My Internet is far too slow. A simple chatroom might work, though.

@RuBoo; Why do you not use RedShark or PlayTCG? I don't think the internet requirement is that rough. It would be interesting to get a Bulbagarden League going!

No the ability on my venusaur takes any energy that would COUNT as a colorless energy on any grass pokemon, like my two dark energies would become grass energies, as long as they are not needed for a grass types attack.

@Sapphowako; I'm sorry to say that is not how I would judge the cards mechanic. Unless you can provide some suitable evidence for it otherwise. The official ruling for Chlorophyll is as such:

Also considering that the Crystal Guardians expansion is ALL about switching type (Energy and Pokémon) there may be an ability that can make all energy into colorless (Crystal Shard). Then Venusaur's ability becomes stronger but it's still a pain. Searching with Bebe is a pain though for older sets!