Common Concern: No place to play - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Common Concern: No place to play

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Common Concern: No place to play

Yeah my nearest is Huddersfield, which is 80+ miles away from me :( if I had the money, I might travel down and check it out, but I can barely afford to travel around locally, never mind filling the car up to travel down there.

I'd love to set up my own league, but it seems quite complicated. I'm reading this piece of literature on it, and it's so lengthy. And I'm not sure I'd be able to generate enough interest to really make it work. I should've done this while I was at university, I bet I could've gotten a fair amount of interest there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    Yeah my nearest is Huddersfield, which is 80+ miles away from me :( if I had the money, I might travel down and check it out, but I can barely afford to travel around locally, never mind filling the car up to travel down there.

I'd love to set up my own league, but it seems quite complicated. I'm reading this piece of literature on it, and it's so lengthy. And I'm not sure I'd be able to generate enough interest to really make it work. I should've done this while I was at university, I bet I could've gotten a fair amount of interest there!
    Getting the league set up really isn't all that that difficult, the real worry for someone starting from scratch is the venue. Do you have any local hobby shops you could talk to about being the host?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    There's a League not for from me, but I never go to it on principle - I'd much rather play with just friends and family because, tbh, I simply find it more fun and we're not restricted to what cards we can use - I love combining some old Base Set cards in a deck with HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion cards. I hate the whole rule of now being about to use cards that I've not only had for over a decade but also the fact that, way back when I was ten and it all started, I've spent a fortune over the years and I'm certainly not gonna waste it by not using them how and when I want to use them.

Don't get me wrong, I think a League can bring a lot to it, especially for younger players who maybe don't have the same concerns as me.
    the League I go to lets us use cards from old sets such as base set since a lot of people like using older cards than newer cards, we may have to use the format at times when we do tournaments or challenges, I've found it to be more fun to go to leagues than to play with family members it has taught me a lot more about the game and I've been able to build multiple decks with some help

edit: plus going to leagues let's you earn these beauties and who could not love these :)
    Last edited by Icike; 30th January 2013 at 07:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Uwehh I didn't realize that forming a League was so complicated! I was thinking about doing it, but I wouldn't want to even attempt it if there wasn't already an obvious interest in my area. There is one about an hour or so from me, but that just doesn't work for the casual play I want. I wish more game and comic stores would do Pokemon events like they do Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh.

I Luv Cats
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to playing the card game and wonder how you go about finding a place to play the game? I also will have to learn the game as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123