Common Concern: No place to play

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Common Concern: No place to play

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Common Concern: No place to play

Alright. Back with another Common Concern.

Too many people are saying that they would play, but the nearest League is an hour away or something along those lines. Well, here's the deal; you don't need a League to play. But first, I'll tell you where to go if you want to be absolutely SURE there's not a League nearby. League Locator. Use it.

Now, we'll talk about starting a League. Provided you're old enough (I believe the required age is 18), you can start a Pokémon TCG League. Just read the League FAQ. It really doesn't require much time to be a League Leader, and it's presumably very rewarding.

So... I know you said you don't need a League to play. I kinda lied. You don't need one right now, but you can start one. If you're underage, find someone else who may be interested, like a parent and get them to do it for you.

It's a lot of fun. So if you don't have a place to play, make one. I sorta kinda rushed when I wrote this article because I was short on time, so don't lynch me if it sorta rambles.

--Adam
    Last edited by Politoed666; 23rd February 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Common Concern: No place to play

Recently, the Pokemon Club at Georgia Tech has started a League in Atlanta. We've only had one meeting so far, and we'd love to see more people come!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by salamence View Post
    Recently, the Pokemon Club at Georgia Tech has started a League in Atlanta. We've only had one meeting so far, and we'd love to see more people come!
    That's fantastic! More Pokémon Leagues is always a good thing. If you want more visibility, make a PokéGym account and start a thread here.

If anyone can make a league in montgomery AL I'd love it! I'm not old enough, and my parents are too busy, but they said that if a league started here they would let me go. I know 4 or 5 other people who would also go!
    You smile, I smile. You dance, I dance. You jump off of a clif, I LOL!

plz go to my blog
    pokemon of the week!

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have some time in the near future and don't mind could you get the more recent links?

Since they updated the official Pokemon site one link is broken and the other just directs to the main Pokemon page.

Thanks.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found the new League Locator. From it you can find out about upcoming League, Tournament and Events.

I also found the new League F.A.Q.. It just answers some commonly asked questions such as what a league is.

Another cool page that I found while I was looking around was the Trainer Challenge. Is shows the upcoming trainer scorecards and the special promo cards for that season. I don't know but we may be able to find some use for this on Bulbapedia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulsilver View Post
    If anyone can make a league in montgomery AL I'd love it! I'm not old enough, and my parents are too busy, but they said that if a league started here they would let me go. I know 4 or 5 other people who would also go!
    I'll see if there's anyone I know in that area that might be interested. However, I'd be shocked if there wasn't already a League in a city as large as Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    If you have some time in the near future and don't mind could you get the more recent links?

Since they updated the official Pokemon site one link is broken and the other just directs to the main Pokemon page.

Thanks.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    I found the new League Locator. From it you can find out about upcoming League, Tournament and Events.

I also found the new League F.A.Q.. It just answers some commonly asked questions such as what a league is.

Another cool page that I found while I was looking around was the Trainer Challenge. Is shows the upcoming trainer scorecards and the special promo cards for that season. I don't know but we may be able to find some use for this on Bulbapedia.
    Looks good! Thanks a lot.

NintendoLand Castle, NintendoLand (or Phoenix, AZ)

We have a nice turnout at the GameNightz Monday events at MetroCenter mall in Phoenix, but if you're interested, hit us up! Great people, good matchups, fun times.
    <under construction>

does anyone know if there is any leagues in the UK?
    DIALGA 625

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dialga 625 View Post
    does anyone know if there is any leagues in the UK?
    There are plenty of Leagues in the United Kingdom. You should be able to find them using the League Locator.

Thanks. I'll try it
    DIALGA 625

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm going to try to have someone make a league in my Californian hicktown.D: My parents don' care for Pokemon, so they won't help me..Plus the fact that I literally have no place to buy cards due to my dad. I'm not allowed to buy stuff online, and I can't go to the one Kmart that has cards because one cashier was rude to us, so my dad banned anyone in the house from going to it ever again...;_;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa-Paratroopa View Post
    Well, I'm going to try to have someone make a league in my Californian hicktown.D: My parents don' care for Pokemon, so they won't help me..Plus the fact that I literally have no place to buy cards due to my dad. I'm not allowed to buy stuff online, and I can't go to the one Kmart that has cards because one cashier was rude to us, so my dad banned anyone in the house from going to it ever again...;_;
    Wow, that, uhm... totally sucks! My best advice would be to try having a friend or someone buy cards for you and giving them the money. Not exactly a solution your dad would approve of, but hey. Can't make everybody happy, might as well be yourself.

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Wow, that, uhm... totally sucks! My best advice would be to try having a friend or someone buy cards for you and giving them the money. Not exactly a solution your dad would approve of, but hey. Can't make everybody happy, might as well be yourself.
    Alright, that is a good idea! Thanks Politoed!

Also, as for the league thing, I couldn't find anyone to help, but I made a treehouse in my backyard with a Pokemon TCG club! Hopefully members will come soon..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa-Paratroopa View Post
    Alright, that is a good idea! Thanks Politoed!

Also, as for the league thing, I couldn't find anyone to help, but I made a treehouse in my backyard with a Pokemon TCG club! Hopefully members will come soon..
    Hey, whatever works. Post some fliers around at your local library and such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast