card identification help needed please!

Thread: card identification help needed please!

Default card identification help needed please!

Hi everyone!
    Hoping someone here with a more extensive knowledge of the TCG can help me out.

I bought a job lot of cards on ebay and have been sorting them out into sets but there a couple of cards where the symbols are not on the list of expansions that I found on this site.

One set has the sillouette of a pokemon in orange next to the card number (also have cards this style but with a blue sillouette)
    Another set has a pokeball with either the number 3 or 9 next to it.

Also had a question regarding two cards from the Ex Delta Species set, Flareon Ex (108/113*) and Mewtwo (12/113*) both these card feel heavier than other cards from the set and appear to be shiny all over (like they have been laminated, not like the reverse holo cards) Are they real or fake?

I will try and get photos up in the next day or so if needed but any help with these cards would be appreciated.

Fiona x

Default Re: card identification help needed please!

@crazystrange; The numbered pokeballs are POP cards that players bought with their play!points. Doesn't happen anymore though. As for the colored mark it could be two different gift boxes. One with Latios/Latias and the other with Kyogre / Groudon Markings in Blue and Red. Bulbapedia does have all the set markings, finding them is a pain though. The japanese cards have seperate set markings for theme decks, so its a bit more difficult that way!

My first inclination would be to say the flareon and mewtwo are fake, but I couldnt say for certain without pics.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i'd most likely say that the ex cards are fake. where did you get them from?

In part of a job lot on eBay, there were a few obvious base set fake cards in there which is why I wasn't sure about these two.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

they are most likely fake. i wouldn't trust buying lots from ebay. there are some trustworthy sites where you can buy cards for cheap.