Anyone Play Pokemon TCG Online? You should! Here's why ;) - Page 5
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Play Pokemon TCG Online? You should! Here's why ;)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone Play Pokemon TCG Online? You should! Here's why ;)

Actually decided to do that campaign. The AI indeed sucks, but I can look the other way.
    Weak AI also equals quick and easy DP for a short while and my favorite pack (Legendary Treasures) costs twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Actually decided to do that campaign. The AI indeed sucks, but I can look the other way.
    Weak AI also equals quick and easy DP for a short while and my favorite pack (Legendary Treasures) costs twice as much.
    It costs twice as much because it's actually a full pavk as opposed to the other ones, which are 5 cards.

Is everything you can purchase with Trainer Tokens non-tradable? I wouldn't mind setting up a few trades (I traded a Plasma Freeze pack for an XY pack and then a Xerneas), but first I need spare 'trade-locked' cards so I don't hinder my theme decks.

Latest match against the AI using the Brilliant Thunder deck went more or less like this:

I also played somebody last night, me with the Serperior deck and them with something Fire-type. I lost (type disadvantage), but actually held out pretty well in the meantime. I also played someone else using the Frost Ray deck (I don't recall theirs) and won - Noctowl's Powerful Vision and Vanilluxe's ChillMAX got in some pretty hard hits. Good game on both sides, really.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

So I want to play, but I have a question.

The OP said that you got a free(untradable) pack every 5 days, and coins on the others. Are the packs i buy with these coins untradeable as well or just the 5day packs?
    Im back! I play mtg outside of this, so hmu to talk the card game! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kantomasta View Post

The OP said that you got a free(untradable) pack every 5 days, and coins on the others. Are the packs i buy with these coins untradeable as well or just the 5day packs?
    I do believe the packs you buy with tokens are untradable. It's quite depressing for people like me, who don't put a single cent into the game. All of my tradables are from back when I played this during the end of HG/SS and start of BW, as well as the stuff I got from trading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivillon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantomasta View Post

I do believe the packs you buy with tokens are untradable. It's quite depressing for people like me, who don't put a single cent into the game. All of my tradables are from back when I played this during the end of HG/SS and start of BW, as well as the stuff I got from trading that.
    Well looks like imma not be trading much then. I refuse to dump money into online games, and nobody around here plays paper.
    Im back! I play mtg outside of this, so hmu to talk the card game! ;)

Booster packs that you win by 4-starring an AI trainer appear to be tradable [edit: nope, they're not] as are packs unlocked via codes (that you get with the physical packs). Cards in theme decks unlocked via codes (again, from the physical deck) are also tradable. I would like to get my hands on a Zoroark coin sometime (I do have a physical one, just not a virtual one) ...

Okay, another few epic moments against the AI with me using the Brilliant Thunder deck:
    Last edited by Stratelier; 6th July 2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Blog Entries
    Follow PyroKinesis On Twitter

Man, not even Themed Deck mode is safe from assholes. Everyone runs that fighting deck with Conkledurr.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Yeah, Basic Orange is a pain, and at this point, painfully boring to see. I like to use a HGSS-era Basic Yellow deck on occasion, and that deck HATES Basic Orange.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PyroKinesis View Post
    Man, not even Themed Deck mode is safe from assholes. Everyone runs that fighting deck with Conkledurr.
    But of course they always run the most powerful 'mon! Like how I always run Pigeot in Brilliant Thunder (with Luxio for backup), or Noctowl in Frost Ray.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 8th July 2014 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Yeah, Basic Orange is a pain, and at this point, painfully boring to see. I like to use a HGSS-era Basic Yellow deck on occasion, and that deck HATES Basic Orange.
    Well, there's always type disadvantage. You could save up some tokens and get the Psy Crusher deck. It's one of my favorites, and does well against most other themed decks. This is mostly due to Espeon's energy cost being only one, and Leafeon being able to use an attack which punishes the other player for having a lot of energy attached. Fun stuff! There's a pretty sweet Beedrill that can devastate if it has full hit points as well.

I have won many tournament theme deck matches with Psy Crusher, and as mentioned before, the packs you win are trade-able! Looking forward to the next tournament :)
    I'm a shiny collector! Gotta catch 'em all ;) I also love to draw and animate!

Quote Originally Posted by Onigiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Well, there's always type disadvantage. You could save up some tokens and get the Psy Crusher deck. It's one of my favorites, and does well against most other themed decks. This is mostly due to Espeon's energy cost being only one, and Leafeon being able to use an attack which punishes the other player for having a lot of energy attached. Fun stuff! There's a pretty sweet Beedrill that can devastate if it has full hit points as well.

I have won many tournament theme deck matches with Psy Crusher, and as mentioned before, the packs you win are trade-able! Looking forward to the next tournament :)
    I may just save up for that deck. ^_^

I've considered getting that one for Espeon, but I'm not personally fond of the other 'Mons in the deck, or Poison as a type.

hi.
    how long should the load time be?
    i finally made an account today. i logged in a few minutes ago with the account and i am at the loading window...

the one that is titled "loading game data" and says "loading data from servers. please wait"

how long...are we usually supposed to wait?....

Blog Entries
    Follow PyroKinesis On Twitter

Well, how long have you already waited?

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast