Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is need

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Dragon Char
  • 2 Post By Iteru

Thread: Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is need

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is need

Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is needed to ...

Our NIWA friends at Zelda Informer are using Kickstarter to fund a project for a new Nintendo magazine in the USA called Pure Nintendo Magazine. The magazine will be bi-monthly magazine and it will be made to replace Nintendo Power magazine. A $20,000 goal is needed to launch the magazine. At the time of writing this article $15,384 have been raised so far. The deadline for funding is at 10:19pm EDT on Thursday Oct 11, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is

I don't see any benefit to this. Game magazines are almost useless by now because all the info and more can be found online. If you're out to revive the legacy of the old Nintendo Power, then I'm sure you'll find a niche, but I doubt you'll gain much from it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Zelda Informer use Kickstarter to fund Pure Nintendo Magazine: A $20,000 goal is

Well, this sounds great, I do have a problem with it being bi-monthly, though it might become monthly if it gets popular enough and makes enough money.

The real problems will be getting past the copyright barriers in order to promote the games featured, plus sponsors are needed to put advertisements in the magazine, and that might take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I don't see any benefit to this. Game magazines are almost useless by now because all the info and more can be found online. If you're out to revive the legacy of the old Nintendo Power, then I'm sure you'll find a niche, but I doubt you'll gain much from it.
    I agree with you, and considering that what game magazine that's left, GameInformer, is incredibly biased as you can possibly think of, game magazines are pretty much on the endangered species list no thanks to the medium killer known as the internet, and considering that most of the online game reviewer and news sites (IGN, Blistered Thumbs, etc.) are aimed more towards an adult audience than towards the younger gamers like Nintendo Power was, and that's something I find to be a major problem.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

The website where you can donate also shows you how many people have donated specific amounts. I'm surprised that there are 8 people who have donated $350 each to the project, I thought that nobody would have that much money to give away.
    Last edited by Water Max; 11th October 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

I'm sure there is a lot more better things to spend money on in this economic climate than a magazine which provides a service found online.

In fact, they already report news online. With ads for revenue. It doesn't make a great load of sense to me to provide competition to your existing platform of media when you need donations to go ahead with it?
    Adamant and The Outrage like this.

Blog Entries

In before Nintendo sends a cease and desist letter.

But yeah, I have to agree, there isn't much of a benefit to this. I enjoyed getting my Nintendo Power issues for years now, but in the same light, things have drastically changed since the old days when people didn't really have the internet and such and had to rely on gaming magazines for their monthly gaming news.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This news makes me uncertain whether or not Zelda Informer should be a credible site considering how the internet "almost" killed gaming magazines.

Blog Entries

To keep the magazine from going under, they should consider publishing the magazine online as well.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    The real problems will be getting past the copyright barriers in order to promote the games featured
    What copyright barriers? They're acting as journalists, there's protections for them to use those images for the purpose of news and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    In before Nintendo sends a cease and desist letter.
    Putting aside the fact that unofficial magazines have been allowed before, this was specifically mentioned on the Kickstarter.
    "Yes, we have secured official rights from Nintendo to use the name."

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    To keep the magazine from going under, they should consider publishing the magazine online as well.
    As mentioned on the Kickstarter page.
    "Digital fans, don't fret - Pure Nintendo will also be made available in digital form for your tablet, mobile device, or desktop."
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Seems interesting. Hopefully, it will be available for Kindle users, because when I don't have class, I like to read books, magazines, etc.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

There are several issues already available for digital and print media. So... why are they doing this exactly?
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2