World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite playe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite playe

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite playe

World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite players from ...

The dreams of competitive Pokémon™ Trading Card Game (TCG) and video game players around the world came true for a select few this weekend at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships in San Diego, CA.

Read more on Bulbanews

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

Default Re: World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite p

lol @ the almost complete lack of Japanese players in first or second place; the overseas fandom, or at least the Anglophone fandom, must've been inspired by bluecookies' win last year

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: World's best Pokémon players crowned at 2011 Pokémon World Championships: Elite p

The reason for the lack of Japanese players is because their national qualifier events were cancelled due to the earthquakes.

Congratulations to all the winners.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Find Me On The Youtubez SaffronGamer's Avatar

I'm very impressed that ray rizzo/blue cookies has won the vgc a 2nd time

Blog Entries

Sweet. Ray won again
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

*looks at who won*....yeaaay!! finally!!, USA wins the world cup at something....related to post...ummmm, well.........Congratulations!!!!Everyone who won....you all are what I look up to in my dreams in being the best pokemon fan/trainer I can be!!!...Congrats!!

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This year's metagame was less broken, but more boring than the one last year: I kept seeing the same 8 Pokemon over and over throughout the whole tournament. I didn't even get near the top in the regionals: I lost my first round :(

Congrats to the winners, though. Ray Rizzo is awesome.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I got what I wanted from this worlds - a strong showing from Europe. 5 of the Top 8 in Masters were Europeans, including 1 British player and Ruben, who won the UK VGC. Also, for the newcomers Italy and South Korea to do so well (2nd place in Masters and Seniors respectively).

I loved the final match; the second round really didn't go in Ray's favour (haxed to death xD), so I'm glad he was able to turn it around and win the third round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion09 View Post
    lol @ the almost complete lack of Japanese players in first or second place; the overseas fandom, or at least the Anglophone fandom, must've been inspired by bluecookies' win last year
    As @Trainer-c said, a lot of the Japanese qualifiers were cancelled due to the Earthquake and Tsunami back in March. As a result, more Europeans were given slots to win. If I remember correctly, last year in Masters, Europe only had 16 spots (Top 4 from England, France, Germany and Spain); this year we had 39 (although not all of them shown up); also, South Korea were given a slot. While BlueCookie's win last year was obviously awesome, the top slots were always dominated by the US and Japanese before, so I highly doubt that had any influence.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I take it that the Pokemon were EV and IV trained? It's actually a bit sad, that no actual little kids could win this thing. I'm not mad about it or anything, but I imagine that a eight year-old kid that wanted to enter one of these tournaments would be eliminated instantly, and be pretty sad about it and crushed and they'd never stand a chance.

Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    I take it that the Pokemon were EV and IV trained? It's actually a bit sad, that no actual little kids could win this thing. I'm not mad about it or anything, but I imagine that a eight year-old kid that wanted to enter one of these tournaments would be eliminated instantly, and be pretty sad about it and crushed and they'd never stand a chance.
    There's three age divisions, so kids will win in their own division. Those who understand the EV and IV mechanics will obviously preform better, though.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TokoTamer View Post
    There's three age divisions, so kids will win in their own division. Those who understand the EV and IV mechanics will obviously preform better, though.
    Hence why I think it's a bit unfair for the younger ones whom are 9 or 7 whom don't understand IV training being destroyed quickly.

I personally don't like how most pokémon sites name VGC related news. "more than 27 countries" =/= world.
    The world has close to 200 countries. And even then, players that live in forgotten areas of huge countries will always be left behind.

In other words, as long as it happens physically, you can't really call it a "world" championship with the "best players from the world", because not even one tenth of dedicated pokémon players have a chance to join.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But there are those who believe in equality and not division, which means kids should be taught about EVs and IVs fast in order to survive in the tournament.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But there are those who believe in equality and not division, which means kids should be taught about EVs and IVs fast in order to survive in the tournament.

Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Hence why I think it's a bit unfair for the younger ones whom are 9 or 7 whom don't understand IV training being destroyed quickly.
    I interpreted your original post as "the kids will all get stomped by the older competitive crowd", which isn't the case do to age divisions.

I too feel bad for some of the kids who don't quite understand those mechanics being destroyed by those who do, and might have some older siblings or parents that help them out with it. Which is why I think Game Freak needs to break the silence at some point and let the game explain the concepts in a bit more detail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast