Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple b

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple b

Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple battle ...

A web advertisement has revealed that Choroneko is localized as Purrloin, Tabunne as Audino, Chillaccino as Cinccino, Dentula as Galvantula, and Ononokus as Haxorus.

Read more on Bulbanews

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

Oh look, more names that match the leaked list. Why won't you just accept them already Bulbapedia? *sigh*

Blog Entries

Default Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Oh look, more names that match the leaked list. Why won't you just accept them already Bulbapedia? *sigh*
    I second this.

They are obviously real.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Hear hear! It would make ti much easier instead of having to go find other websites. But at least the more information we get, the closer we are getting to Black and White coming out :D I hope more moves and abilities get their names.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Come on guys, it'll be over in 20 something days anyway

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    They don't want to take any chances for making a faux-pas like the rivals.
    It's pride, more than anything I bet.
    Of course, I could be wrong.

This makes me realize how close we are to the release of Black and White.
    Pokemon Black FC: 1377 7082 2212

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Speaking as a Bulbapedia editor, updating a million links is hard enough. If there's a typo on the list, then that makes it a lot more fun.

Speaking as a moderator of this forum, please do not whine about Bulbapedia here. Instead, discuss the news at hand. Thank you.

Is this an American ad? I can't seem to come across it on GameFAQs

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More names from the list, I'll discuss them accordingly.

Purrloin- Purr(ing) + purloin (to steal). Choroneko's name comes from "Choromakasu" (pilfer) + "neko" (cat). Good name.

Galvantula- Galvanization + Tarantula. Considering that Dentura was "denki (electricity in Japanese)" + "tarantula," the name fits.

Audino- Audio (earlobes) + I don't know. Tabunne's name could be translated as "maybe," or "earlobes" (mimitabu) so it fits on both accounts.

Haxorus- Hack (as in chopping or cutting down, like an axe) + Ax + Saurus. It fits as well.

Cinccino- Basically Minccino (mini + chino cloth) with a "C" added instead of a "M." I feel Chillaccino is a more appropriate name for it, since the reference is more obvious (Chincilla). It's an alright name.

The English names almost directly translate to their original names, but it will take a while for me to get used to them.

Blog Entries

Worst. Generation. Ever!

White FC 4684-7933-9450

Blog Entries

If you don't like the fact that Bulba only uses factual information and not unofficial websites and their predictions, you don't have to read the news forum or anything. No one is forcing you to. On the contrary I am happy to see more English names since it means closer to the debut date!

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJerk View Post
    Is this an American ad? I can't seem to come across it on GameFAQs
    I believe so. I was talking to a few others and only American residents could see it as far as I could tell. However, there wasn't a large range of people viewing, so for all I know, it may be viewable in Canada too or something.
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 7th February 2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: correcting typo

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Worst. Generation. Ever!
    And how do you figure that out?

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Heh. Purrloin makes me think of steak.
    Love Galvantula, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)