Unconfirmed: US release date for Diamond, Pearl revealed?: Side comment on GameSpot suggests ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: US release date for Diamond, Pearl revealed?: Side comment on GameSpot suggests ...

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Unconfirmed: US release date for Diamond, Pearl revealed?: Side comment on GameSpot suggests ...

GameSpot News, in an article reporting the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl launch, mentions that "the games will hit the US in mid-November." However, this most likely does not refer to the US edition of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, but rather Final Fantasy III DS, which will be released on Nov. 14, 2006: "Tokyo saw fans lining up in scenes reminiscent of the Final Fantasy III DS launch last month. (The games will hit the US in mid-November.)"

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

We all know the games'll come out in February. Or at least Spring or late Winter, but I'm guessing February.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

IGN has also changed its release date from TBA 2007 to TBA 2006. So has Gamespy.

And the Gamespot article clearly says "Games" and not "Game"

This shouldn't be considered confirmed by any stretch of the imagination yet, but I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it turned out to be true either.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 30th September 2006 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Just in time for Christmas, eh? I wonder if they pushed this up to ride on the success of Japan.

The games are mentioned nowhere on NOA's press room website, so a date has not been officially announced.

I dunno, I think it would really interefere with the release of the Wii.

But then, I'm kinda mad as I wouldn't of imported if I knew it was coming out in only a month or so....-_-

Same here. I had just ordered Pearl the day before when this rumor started flying around. I would have saved that $50 for something else if I'd have thought they might release here so soon. x_x

Although I still think this is bogus and it won't release 'til after the holidays.

Blog Entries

I thought this was a misunderstanding but a lot of game sites seemed to have bitten it.

Though, NOA seemed to really drag their heels in translating Ranger and MD. Could it be because they were dubbing Diamond/Pearl as they were being developed for nearly instant release in America? I doubt it but strange happens.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

It's more because of advertising most likely, as the spin-off games don't sell as much, and they wanted to give XD and Emerald time to sell.

I still say DP in the US before 2007 won't happen, and if it does, then by god let Al Kahn be my husband!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    IGN has also changed its release date from TBA 2007 to TBA 2006. So has Gamespy.
    IGN had TBA 2006 for several months. Unless they changed within the past month to TBA 2007, it hasn't changed at all and is just a vague release date they put up for...I don't know why.

I'm willing to wager a fairly high amount that DP will NOT see release here before year's end. For WHATEVER reason, it just won't happen.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Judging by posts on the IGN boards, they DID flip-flop on it.

I'm not willing to wager anything either way right now. Issue is definitely unclear. If I absolutely had to chose a side to bet on, it'd probably be 2007, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

You can't refuse... Head Honchkrow's Avatar

Hm...on the IGN boards, there are people saying that they saw on flyers at the Toys 'R' Us Mew event that D/P is being released in the U.S. in November.

I don't know wtf to believe now.
    "How DO they make it green?" o_o;

I doubt it, as I haven't seen anyone mention it on SPP or here.

Maybe NOA were translating D/P when Japan was setting for release?
    Bulbagarden Forums: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

Blog Entries

That's my only guess. Though, if this is true, poor "it HAS to be on MY site first" Serebii will have a heart attack trying keep up.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

localization of games can be done within a week to a month longest, it's all about time and market when they decide to release them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast