Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop releas

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop releas

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop releas

Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop release paper ...

A flier at GameStop has revealed information on the American release of Pokémon Black and White Versions. The flier showed a release date of Sunday, April 17, 2011. This release date follows previous release patterns for Pokémon games, increasing its authenticity.

Read more on Bulbanews

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop re

Thats a very oppurtune time, gives me time to finish my other games, and possibly finish my National Dex

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Possible Black and White American release date revealed: GameStop re

Way too late imo, should be in March...
    Heart Gold: 1591 7178 0890

Platinum: 4425 9372 9682

White: 1205 8546 7793

Blog Entries

Diamond & Pearl were released in April as well. Since Black & White are totally new, they need to translate everything and correct glitches found in the original.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

So, I'm guessing we won't see BW here until April 22 of 2011

So between January and April, we might get a sneak peak

But, I agree its too late like Riz said

Blog Entries

Should be more like March 21st, April is to late.

Blog Entries

Actually, you would want March 20 because that's a Sunday. But remember that Diamond & Pearl actually came out on April 22, so if this date turns out to be true, you wouldn't have to wait as much.

I'm actually in agreement to this date. It's just only about a month more of a wait than usual, nothing much.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since these are new games entirely, not the rendition of one (Platinum) or a remake (HG/SS), this could explain why these games might be released later than "normal."

Diamond and Pearl (the original games of the previous gen) were released on April 22.

Of course, Gamestop never really was consistent with "release dates." Stores such as this usually "guestimate" on when these games might be shipped to them.

Remember, this is still unconfirmed. I am pointing 50-50 on this being the release date. Certainly the games shouldn't be released no earlier than March and no later than April.

Most of the time, the statements on release papers like that in stores such as Gamestop are just guidelines on when it's released, usually on their guess and not necessarily the actual date.

I'm not saying this isn't the date, I'm not actually aware of the date yet, but this has happened countless times before with Gamestop. Retailers are not your best bet for release info. They often know less than us
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Blog Entries

Even if this release date turns out to be false, I doubt that it will be released before or after April. If it's not April 17, then I believe that it will be released on April 10 or April 24.

Blog Entries

I agree with Ampharos King. These games are brand new, not remakes or tweaked versions of previous games. So, with that in play, it will take time to complete all the translations and whatnot. On top of that, April isn't the latest I've seen for a game release. And, as previously stated, Diamond and Pearl came out late-ish April, so it's not unheard of. But, likewise, the actual date is a gamble. It's a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong, as GameStop does tend to guess with release dates (I've been baffled a few times by that, getting revved up for a certain game's date, only to learn late that it will be a little more of a wait). So, as stated before, it shouldn't be released earlier than March, but no later than April. So, I say take the date lightly, more like a guideline or general idea over a fact.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I agree with many others. Either way, March/April does seem the most accurate guess. I think GameStop is going off of DP's release date for this one. I mean the release for DP in Japan is around the same time of year BW was released there too, so an American date shouldn't be that far off.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

I suppose the good thing is if this is the release date its like two days before Portal 2 comes out

Blog Entries

One would think the official release date would first be released by Nintendo, not from Gamespot. I'm fairly sure this is a placeholder date.

April's a little late compared to Platinum and HGSS's American release dates, but it's understandable given that there's a lot more to translate this time around.

April 17? Portal 2 comes out on the 18th.

I'm in for some serious gaming.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast