Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Guys I have my doubts. Yes Nintendo have confirmed that BW is for the DS, but then Twilight Princess was confirmed for the Gamecube, we saw pictures of game footage, and then it got pushed back into being a Wii title. I have a gut instinct that BW will be on 3DS. So far, each new generation has been on a new console, if BW were on the regular DS that would break this chain, and you'd have 2 Generations on the DS. Then looking at the third title, with possible remakes, what would happen to those? Would they be put on DS with BW, meaning Nintendo would still be making DS games in 2012 at the earliest, or would we have the odd predicament of half the generation being on one console and the other half being on another console. Neither situation makes sense, so I think maybe BW will be on the 3DS, continuing the tradition of new gen=new games, and making sure the whole generation is on the same console.

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    Guys I have my doubts. Yes Nintendo have confirmed that BW is for the DS, but then Twilight Princess was confirmed for the Gamecube, we saw pictures of game footage, and then it got pushed back into being a Wii title. I have a gut instinct that BW will be on 3DS. So far, each new generation has been on a new console, if BW were on the regular DS that would break this chain, and you'd have 2 Generations on the DS. Then looking at the third title, with possible remakes, what would happen to those? Would they be put on DS with BW, meaning Nintendo would still be making DS games in 2012 at the earliest, or would we have the odd predicament of half the generation being on one console and the other half being on another console. Neither situation makes sense, so I think maybe BW will be on the 3DS, continuing the tradition of new gen=new games, and making sure the whole generation is on the same console.
    Im pretty sure thats not a tradition that GF even acknowledges and that the whole new gen = new console thing just played out that way. The DS has lasted longer than any of Nintendo's handhelds after the first pokemon was released so it would make sense that the timing would give it to gens of pokemon. I mean they are cutting it close to the 3DS but a console doesnt automatically die whe its successor is released. I predict the DS will have atleast another year left after the 3DS is released. Just because it's the newest handheld(Which probably has a lot of minor bugs at release so it would be better to wait to buy it) doesnt mean that every good game out there should automatically release on it. They have already been confirmed for DS and I'm not sure how soon before its release that TP switched to gamecube but it's coming out in September so they're cutting it close if they plan on making it a 3DS launch title. I'd rather it be on DS, I dont really care about the graphics as long as the games good.

Blog Entries

... Is the "It's on the DS/it's on the 3DS" debate gonna pop up everytime a juicy piece of news about the 3DS comes out? Seriously?

I couldn't care less of what happens to either the console or the games right now... alls I know is that I'm definately getting the 3DS for the 3rd version and other future games, and that I'm getting at least White Version (if both versions have completely different storylines, I'll get both) when it's released here in the US... regardless of what system it comes out on.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

If it's revealed at E3, it's possible to have it in October.

... but, I think it won't hit stores until November. E3 typically sets up for the Holiday season of that year, November being the prime month.

Still not sold on it, though. A bit concerned about price as the technology they are using is pretty pricey.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Think about this, IF they continue with remakes, they are going to have to eventually remove compatibility between two generations (like Gen II and Gen III) so they don't have people getting pokemon from the original game to the remake.

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiunite View Post
    Think about this, IF they continue with remakes, they are going to have to eventually remove compatibility between two generations (like Gen II and Gen III) so they don't have people getting pokemon from the original game to the remake.
    And before HG/SS were revealed people said the remakes' Pokémon would have to be unobtainable for there being any need for the remakes. What does it matter if you can transfer Pokémon from the originals to the remakes? That's just a fan-made rule. And it's not like everyone buying the remakes always have the originals. C
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Your right, but it just doesn't really seem right to game developers (game freak would probably agree) to remake a game and have it compatible with the original. Just try to name one game where a game was remade AND it was compatible with the original.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Alternative far out there idea.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?
    This is what I think will happen after reading this post. Something shockingly special is coming. Just wait until everyone sees the pricing structure internationally, that will be a fun thread.

I really hope they release it soon, earlier the better imho

Blog Entries

If this is true, I approve entirely. My birthday is in October so perhaps, for once, a new system being released won't make me broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    This is what I think will happen after reading this post. Something shockingly special is coming. Just wait until everyone sees the pricing structure internationally, that will be a fun thread.
    i really doubt they'll split black and white. maybe keep b/w on ds and the 3rd version on 3ds

also yea there's a ds logo on the b/w website but isnt the 3ds still in the ds family? maybe they didn't have an official logo for the 3ds when they built the site

just a thought...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    also yea there's a ds logo on the b/w website but isnt the 3ds still in the ds family? maybe they didn't have an official logo for the 3ds when they built the site
    It will play DS games, but it's a successor to the DS series, not an addition.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    And the best part is, I'm the one who gets to tell everyone at school.
    I did it too. Nobody cared though.

Anyways, since I won't get it till one year or two after it's released (maybe when the first redesign appears), I don'r care when it's released as long as I can see it in action next E3.

And no, even with the release date being pulled to October, B&W it's still for the current DS. B&W will be released one month before, so stop it please. As KPTitan said, we don't need to bring the debate again each time the word "3DS" pops out in the forum.

Oh and by the way, Twilight Princess wasn't "switched to the Wii". It was still released on the Game Cube AND got a Wii port, which is quite different to begin with.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

If it actually does come out in October in Japan... where would that put us (America)? I don't celebrate Christmas, but I can kinda imagine it being a must-have for anybody's Christmas list here... if we end up getting it around that time, I mean.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Currently Nintendo has the practice of releasing their consoles around the same time wroldwide, thus I expect rhe 3DS to be released everywhere with at much one month away from region to region. If the 3DS does appear in October, it could be early October in the Americas, mid-October in Japan (or viceversa) and late October-early November in Europe.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast