Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    I hope you aren't hinting at what I think you're hinting at.
    I doubt it. All the graphics and footage we've seen so far have been decidedly DS-quality. They'd be an insult to the 3DS, if the rumours of Gamecube-level graphical power are true... and given how much technology has advanced, and the fact the PSP2 will be even more drastically powerful than that, it's probably a safe bet to assume the rumours relatively accurate. The 854x480 resolution of the Sharp parallax barrier touchscreen LCDs also hints at Gamecube resolutions, as it was also 480p.

The most that could be announced at this point would be a few last-minute 3DS-enhanced features thrown into the game... that alone would probably be enough to get a decent chunk of Pokemon fans to buy the 3DS earlier than they may otherwise have.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unconfirmed: Nintendo 3DS to be released in October: CVG reports inside info

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer View Post
    Twilight Princess was originally slated to be a Gamecube-only game. They've done it before, they could easily do it now with Black and White.
    Technically speaking it already is a DS and 3DS title, since the 3DS can play DS games. >_>

I'm pretty much 100% sure they aren't going to jump B/W to launch titles for the 3DS. However, I wouldn't be surprised (and almost expect) if they added features for when it is played on the 3DS.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Still skeptical about this, if only because of how early it is, but then again I guess Nintendo is trying not to overhype everything since Brawl kind of backfired on them, so I guess this extends to their consoles now. Strange, I figured that would be the one thing they would try to hype up ASAP.

Still, I support the idea that Pokemon Black/White will have features that can only be accessible on the 3DS, yet still be playable on the DS, unlike making 2 different copies of the same game ala Twilight Princess.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Alternative far out there idea.

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Agent of SHIELD $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post

What if they took a leaf out of the book of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? The original Red and Blue versions of that were split between GBA and DS. What if they split Black and White between DS and 3DS?
    I guess that wouldn't be so bad…

Follow lewisr88 On Twitter
    Follow lewisr88 on Tumblr Follow lewisr88 on Flickr Visit lewisr88's Youtube Channel

Could be interesting if they did, but I'm not sure if I could see them doing that with Black and White for some reason.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't like the idea, actually. What if the DS and 3DS aren't compatible with each other?

I want them to be on the same gaming console (DS or 3DS).

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

This seems very soon...But still, if it's true: WOO!!!!!!
    And I hope the 3DS has a second slot and Black and White have Pal Park for transferring Gen 4 Pokemon over...
    DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT'S TAKING TO TRANSFER ALL MY POKEMON TO HG?!!!

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    I don't like the idea, actually. What if the DS and 3DS aren't compatible with each other?

I want them to be on the same gaming console (DS or 3DS).
    The 3DS WILL DEFINATELY be compatible with the DS... The 3DS can play DS games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's just that I don't like the concept of Black and White being on (slightly) different consoles (1 in the DS and the other in the 3DS, even though the DS and 3DS will be a bit similar).

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I call bulshit. These are the idiots that said Nintendo had something going with Pokemon and the next handheld.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

So if they release b/w for 3ds, my new dsi will be pissed. oh no.. lo.ol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    Oops, how come you know it?

The one that stays on the 3ds would rock men..

Praise the sun. \o/ Solaire of Astora's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Solaire of Astora on Facebook
    Visit Solaire of Astora's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by make_it_worse View Post
    Oops, how come you know it?

If i remember correctly, it has been confirmed.
    Oh, hello there. I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun.

The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!

If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

Blog Entries

If this is true, I find it odd that Gamefreak would develop B/W for the DS, since they could've pushed for being launch titles. The only alternative is that they're going a roundabout way. They're anticipating that people will use the 3DS's backwards compatibility to play B/W. This could still help it's sales, if the people just like having the newest thing. I can say none of this for certain, but it still would've been better if they pushed for being a launch title. This either means this info is very fake, or that Gamefreak are clever sneaky geniuses.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    but it still would've been better if they pushed for being a launch title.
    Because it makes no sense to push something designed for a certain console to another when there isn't going to much difference. B/W has DS graphics as TM2-Megatron it would be insulting for the consumer if B/W were for the 3DS.

I mean seriously if Mario Sunshine is ported to the 3DS, who is going to want to buy B/W when Mario Sunshine has better Graphics?

I'm really not seeing why people are so adamant about Black and White being for the 3DS, I mean if you're rich and want to spend $300 like it was nothing then fine, but a lot of us don't have that luxury.

I hope that the 3DS gets released in North America early as well. See I might be able to save enough for a 3DS for Christmas, and then when B/W gets a release date next year for North America I might be able to get it then. If 3DS gets pushed far into next year (for North America/US) I might not be able to keep $200 in my wallet for very long, I might go on a shopping binge. And the DSi XL would look very appetizing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast