Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Gale o - Page 8

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Gale o

Blog Entries
    Follow CuboneKing On Twitter
    Visit CuboneKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Ga

This could either be the epic high tide of eveything we've ever wanted, or an addition to our next garage sale.
    ALFALFA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan
    People who haven't played Mario Kart haven't lived their life to the fullest.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Ga

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    If there was one Legendary that I would like to be the next XD001, it would be Arceus. Either that, or the three main Legendaries of Gen V. But, this is providing that we re-visit that kind of plot again in this game though.

Here's a thought though... maybe have the Distortion World appear in the game, with a few more things to explore. I can't even begin to imagine how wicked it would look in a Wii game, especially if this game is supposed to have Battle Revolution graphics. I'm not necessarily hoping that they put it in the game, and I'm not saying it should be the main focus of the storyline either... just the thought of how it would look on a Wii game had popped into my head.

That sounds like a really cool idea. I like the didtortion world idea but i doubt they'd have Arceus as the main pokemon. The reason for that is that part of the reason they used Lugia is because it wasnt available in the third gen( before Mystic Ticket event). I doubt they'd use an event pokemon

Blog Entries

Gen II = new Pokemon, new typing, new move mechanics. A Pokemon Stadium game is released.

Gen III = New angle to Pokemon battling in the form of double battles. Two RPG games are made with major focus on them.

Gen IV = new Pokemon, and new move mechanics. A Stadium-esque game is released.

Gen V = New angle to Pokemon battling in the forms of Triple Battles and Rotation Battles. Kinda makes sense that an RPG game could be made to focus on these mechanics, to me.

*bandwagonHellYescomment*

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This sounds promising, but I don't want to set myself up for any disappointment if it turns untrue. My only question to this would be: is it going to be dark and gritty like the first colosseum, or follow the trend that Gale of Darkness seemed to be going and play closer to the handhelds?
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Hopefully this has some good pokes on it normally unobtainable in Unova. This could be a great way to postpone a remake of RSE while still adding the legends necessary to complete the dex all in gen 5 games.
    Last edited by Red G; 10th January 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: iPod autocorrects "dex" to "sex"
    My Black Team

Blog Entries

How do you suppose the trainer option will be? Pre-made like the GC games, with a gender select like the main games, or like PBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    How do you suppose the trainer option will be? Pre-made like the GC games, with a gender select like the main games, or like PBR?
    I hope they take what was done in PBR and expand upon it. Giving more options in customization so that it would AT LEAST be on par with any other character creation feature that comes with games nowadays.

I would like:
    - To choose different facial expressions/mouth shapes
    - To choose different eyes
    - The choose the height of the character, and have it not to be based on a specific model
    - To have more variety with clothing
    - To choose hairstyle

Blog Entries

For story purposes, I'd hope they'd go with one model and allow you to customize them, while the Colosseum battling portion that isn't part of the main story could allow you to have an even more customized avatar.

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Youngster_Joey View Post
    I hope they take what was done in PBR and expand upon it. Giving more options in customization so that it would AT LEAST be on par with any other character creation feature that comes with games nowadays.

I would like:
    - To choose different facial expressions/mouth shapes
    - To choose different eyes
    - The choose the height of the character, and have it not to be based on a specific model
    - To have more variety with clothing
    - To choose hairstyle
    The only thing I'd really care about with character customization is hair color. My guess is that they'll let you choose gender, but beyond that there won't be much customization.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Blog Entries

I hope it's real as well, and has B&W Pokemon mostly likely, just don't be like PBR and be more like XD, I like that game.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Better be good like GoD

Blog Entries

Here's an interesting thought... since the protagonists in Black and White were made to be older than what they have been in past games for the first time, do you think they might decide to make an older protagonist in this game as well? It's been done in Colosseum, so I don't see why they shouldn't.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red G View Post
    This could be a great way to postpone a remake of RSE while still adding the legends necessary to complete the dex all in gen 5 games.
    Not all past Pokémon have to be made directly obtainable in Generation V, though. Even Generation II relied on Generation I for the Kanto starters, legendaries and fossils, and those two generations didn't share the same system. This is the first generation to be released for the same system as its predecessor, and so there is nothing wrong with relying on Platinum and HGSS for some Pokémon. In fact, one could argue that HGSS are more essential for Generation V than they are for Generation IV; they were only released a year before Black and White, which is to say a whopping three years after Diamond and Pearl.

That said, the third version and this potential console RPG should minimize the dependence on Generation IV and the Dream World. As far as the legendaries are concerned, the important ones are the Regis and Regigigas (due to their requiring Generation III or a now-obsolete event) and those with new abilities. The latter category consists of the bird and beast trios, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina; if you add the ones from Generation V, then you also have the Musketeer and Kami trios. Now, I don't see much point in making the Generation V trios available in so many games, so it would make more sense if they gained their new abilities in the third version (being interactable Pokémon).

Mewtwo would make for an ideal mascot, albeit not so much for its luckluster new ability Tension as for Psycho Break. Now, the problem with Lugia, Ho-Oh and the trios is that they were featured in the GameCube games, so it would be very redundant if they were Shadow Pokémon again (although Ho-Oh wasn't one). But if the new game is more similar to the main series than its predecessors (at least in terms of having a wide poll of wild Pokémon), then those legendaries could return, but hopefully in such a way so as to make the tie-ins to the previous games interesting rather than boring. As for the Creation trio, there is some foreshadowing in Black and White that they'll show up in the third version. Likewise, the beast trio may also be in the third version in case Game Freak want to make the Zoroark event normally accessible (as opposed to dropping it altogether).

The Regis are the only Generation III Pokémon with new abilities, so I didn't mention the other ones. While I don't expect to see remakes in this generation, it won't make much difference if the other Hoenn legendaries stay exclusive to HGSS or make their way to the other games; Jirachi and Deoxys will be distributed again one way or the other. As for the starters, the Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh ones have already been distributed via Dream World, but it would make sense if they could also be obtained via this game with their new abilities (since those events ended); the same goes for the Johto and Unova starters.

If Mewtwo were featured in this game, it would be apt if Mew had a complementary event. It seems that some fans forget that Mew is obtainable via Ranch without an event, even though it is very hard to get. Mew could also show up in this game, as could any other event Pokémon, be it through a Wi-Fi event (akin to Colosseum's Celebi) or the completion of the game (like Ho-Oh and Lugia, which were event-exclusive at the time).
    Last edited by Silktree; 11th January 2011 at 08:22 AM.

CoroCoro just can't come too soon. I'm overly excited about what we are to see! Also, I suppose it would be a fair assumption to guess that Genius Sonority will be the developer. With this in mind, I hope they will not stick on the Shadow Pokemon concept and that they, even more importantly, will introduce a new region independent to Orre. As much as I liked both in Colosseum and XD, I think we have enough material of Orre and the Shadow Pokemon exploitation for the time being.

The biggest bet for this game is how much they will look into being original for its gameplay. In my opinion, it doesn't have to follow any known concept -- such as the tranditional games' or Colosseum/XD's shared features. I will be happy into getting something new. That said, I would without thinking choose a more non-linear gameplay akin to the tranditional series' one (that's not to say Colosseum/XD were linear, but their world was much less open). It has to be self-contained and try to offer something different. Colosseum and XD were a good start, but were beyond any doubt less satisfying than your standard Pokemon RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If Mewtwo were featured in this game, it would make sense if Mew had a complementary event. It seems that some fans forget that Mew is obtainable via Ranch without an event, even though it is very hard to get.
    To be honest, I wouldn't like to see Mew being directly obtainable anywhere. Faraway Island was a nice gimmick as to not ruin Mew's nature as an illusory Pokemon, one having been seen by so few and for so little that people tend to question its existance. Brendan/May were the first people after Mr. Fuji to set foot on this island of questionable location -- not Kanto, Hoenn, Johto, or anywhere we know about; and it's doubtful that Mew, of free and wandering spirit, has ever been captured for good by anyone.

I like to think that legendary trainers such as Red have caught sight of it somewhere (and probably had some sort of temporary interaction with it, much like Mr. Fuji had), and that Brendan/May also came close to it when getting into Faraway Island. Probably also made a visit to Hayley's Ranch, meeting Lucas/Dawn. But it would be a dealbreaker for me to see Mew clearly involved in a part of plot that involves it being mandatorily or canonically captured as permanently as to be able to trade it.

Anyway, that could be just me. :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    I like to think that legendary trainers such as Red have caught sight of it somewhere (and probably had some sort of temporary interaction with it, much like Mr. Fuji had), and that Brendan/May also came close to it when getting into Faraway Island. Probably also made a visit to Hayley's Ranch, meeting Lucas/Dawn. But it would be a dealbreaker for me to see Mew clearly involved in a part of plot that involves it being mandatorily or canonically captured as permanently as to be able to trade it.
    I wouldn't say that Mr. Fuji had a "temporary" interaction with Mew; Fuji's diary states that he discovered Mew in Guyana (most likely Faraway Island) in July, and it was only in February that Mew gave birth. Who knows what transpired between those events? For all we know, Mew could have been taken to Cinnabar, only to be brought back to its home when Fuji gained his senses.

What I had in mind was something akin to Celebi and Ho-Oh's appearance in Colosseum. They had a connection to Orre, but they didn't live there, nor were they canonically caught by Wes. Colosseum and XD are the only spin-off games that don't make it hard to believe that they could, in fact, belong to the same continuity as the main series. The only way the new game could ruin that is by making a ridiculous amount of legendary Pokémon conveniently available (like some other game series I won't mention), or by failing to acknowledge Mewtwo's origins (should it be brought up at all).
    Last edited by Silktree; 11th January 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast