Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Gale o - Page 11

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Gale o

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Ga

Well let's hope for next month then...

I'd really like a new 3D game..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unconfirmed: New Pokémon battling game in works for Wii: Game to be similar to Ga

If anything, we might hear about it in CoroCoro next month or in March, as far as the earliest bits of information goes. But if this game is real, I'm pretty certain that it'll be mentioned at this year's E3 conference in June... so we got about between now and June to hear anything about this game before E3 2011, and then get more info at said E3 event.

Either way you look at it, there's a chance that some kind of Wii game, with a Story Mode or not, for Gen V could come out this year. It's just a matter of what kind of game and when it'll come out. I'd really like to see the likes of Zoroark, Reshiram, and Zekrom in full 3D... especially if this game is supposed to have Battle Revolution-like graphics.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    If anything, we might hear about it in CoroCoro next month or in March, as far as the earliest bits of information goes. But if this game is real, I'm pretty certain that it'll be mentioned at this year's E3 conference in June... so we got about between now and June to hear anything about this game before E3 2011, and then get more info at said E3 event.

Either way you look at it, there's a chance that some kind of Wii game, with a Story Mode or not, for Gen V could come out this year. It's just a matter of what kind of game and when it'll come out. I'd really like to see the likes of Zoroark, Reshiram, and Zekrom in full 3D... especially if this game is supposed to have Battle Revolution-like graphics.
    I doubt we'd get anything soon considering Nintendo's current stance on game-info reveal being closer to the release date. It's a bit soon to be expecting a Wii RPG, which I assume will be used to tie us over for the third version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I doubt we'd get anything soon considering Nintendo's current stance on game-info reveal being closer to the release date. It's a bit soon to be expecting a Wii RPG, which I assume will be used to tie us over for the third version.
    Going by the Japanese release dates of Colosseum and Battle Revolution as compared to the first sets of their respective main handheld games (Ruby/Sapphire with Colosseum, and Diamond/Pearl with Battle Revolution), I don't really see how any kind of Wii game for Gen V being released later this year is too soon. Ruby and Sapphire were released in November 2002, while Colosseum was released a year later, in November 2003. Diamond and Pearl were released (not revealed, released) in September 2006, while Battle Revolution was released only a few months later in December. I'm not counting XD in this equation, beings it was only a sequel to Colosseum.

It may not seem like it, but by the time that Fall 2011 rolls in, it will be a year since Black and White have been released in Japan. So again, I don't see how any kind of Wii game to be compatible with Black and White being released later this year is too soon.

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    Going by the Japanese release dates of Colosseum and Battle Revolution as compared to the first sets of their respective main handheld games (Ruby/Sapphire with Colosseum, and Diamond/Pearl with Battle Revolution), I don't really see how any kind of Wii game for Gen V being released later this year is too soon. Ruby and Sapphire were released in November 2002, while Colosseum was released a year later, in November 2003. Diamond and Pearl were released (not revealed, released) in September 2006, while Battle Revolution was released only a few months later in December. I'm not counting XD in this equation, beings it was only a sequel to Colosseum.

It may not seem like it, but by the time that Fall 2011 rolls in, it will be a year since Black and White have been released in Japan. So again, I don't see how any kind of Wii game to be compatible with Black and White being released later this year is too soon.
    I didn't say this year was too soon, I'm saying its too soon right now to be expecting information. If it comes out in fall, I don't expect them to be giving out information until summer.

Blog Entries

In light of the news that Zekrom is the so-called secret character of Movie 14, it is only natural to consider what is going to happen with Keldeo. Logic dictates that it should still be in the movie; even Celebi was fresher last year than Victini is now. However, right now we are being led to believe that the event Pokémon are playing second fiddle to the Generation V mascots.

Junichi Masuda said that the decision to distribute Victini right after Black and White's release was motivated by the desire to have players experience the discovery of a rare Pokémon for themselves; in a sense, the movies did ruin that effect. What if Victini is just the beginning? Genesect could be distributed via Wi-Fi to the third version upon its release; it wouldn't render the Black and White event obsolete (it requires a Fateful Encounter Genesect to unlock the Cassette items), so Movie 16 could still do with Genesect what Movie 14 is now doing with Victini (using it as a secondary character).

But then we're left with Keldeo and Meloetta. One of them should make its debut in Movie 15 as the tradition shouldn't be retired entirely, but I don't see why we should have to wait until July 2002 for the first distribution after Victini, as that would create a two-year gap. So assuming that Movie 15 will take care of Meloetta, what could Keldeo's debut tie into? A potential game compatible with Black and White comes to mind.

As I've said before, the console games are more lenient with event Pokémon. Lugia and Ho-Oh were in fact considered to be event Pokémon in Generation III, and yet they were obtainable via the Orre games. Now, Keldeo's attributes don't exactly scream event-exclusive, but rather just a trio member (a quartet in this case); it is not so much a phantom Pokémon as a Pokémon that has left Unvoa to travel the world. If any new event Pokémon should turn out to be a prize for completing the Wii game, then Keldeo fits the bill. Again, it may or may not require a Wi-Fi event, but normal gameplay wouldn't necessarily make it easier to obtain.

Finally, if it turned out that Keldeo isn't featured in Movie 14 but rather in this game, the Musketeer trio wouldn't have to join it. In fact, the Black and White event has Keldeo return to Unova and reunite with the trio, so Game Freak probably want to keep that revelation for their own games; it goes without saying that Keldeo would have a Fateful Encoutner flag if it were available via the Wii game (even Ho-Oh did). Also, Keldeo would probably be a secret character like Ho-Oh rather than a mascot like Lugia, so one of the old legendaries like Mewtwo could still be prominent.

But Nintendo don't mind announcing upcoming games long before their release, as evidenced by what they're doing now with the Zelda Wii game, of which footage was shown at last year's E3 and yet even now the game doesn't have a tentative release date.

The Wii does need as much support as it can get at this point in its lifetime; the Pokémon Company would be wise to let us know of their plan for the system as soon as possible. Besides, they need to give us something to look forward to; it's already been four months since Black and White's release, and the only new thing that has been revealed is the DS typing game, which has received absolutely no coverage.

Speaking of which, since the typing game is also being developed by Genius Sonority, I hope it doesn't represent their real potential these days. They did work on XD and Trozei simultaneously, and I couldn't even bear to look at the latter despite enjoying the former.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th January 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They did work on XD and Trozei simultaneously, and I couldn't even bear to look at the latter despite enjoying the former.
    Hmm...Trozei was a pretty cute AND solid puzzle game though.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

It wouldn't at all surprise me if we do get a Pokémon 3D Battle Simulator on the Wii this year in Japan. It will probably be announced mid-2011 with a Q4 2011 release. Then, the US/EU will get it Spring 2012.

Hopefully, they allow it to receive downloadable content, to update for any new formes that may crop up *stares at PBR*.

Blog Entries

In light of the news that Zekrom is the so-called secret character of Movie 14, it is only natural to consider what is going to happen with Keldeo. Logic dictates that it should still be in the movie; even Celebi was fresher last year than Victini is now. However, right now we are being led to believe that the event Pokémon are playing second fiddle to the Generation V mascots
    Yeah, I was thinking that Keldeo would make a good plot-point for Ranger except that Ranger's never put an event Pokemon as a main plot point (discounting Celebi, but there was no distribution), but a Wii game could also be great.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was thinking that Keldeo would make a good plot-point for Ranger except that Ranger's never put an event Pokemon as a main plot point (discounting Celebi, but there was no distribution), but a Wii game could also be great.
    Darkrai was a central character in Shadows of Almia and was obtainable via a Wi-Fi mission, but that game was released after Movie 10.

At any rate, it's very unlikely they'll announce release a new Ranger game so soon. I can only hope that Mystery Dungeon won't be 2011's big title, either, since that series is definitely less fresh than the console RPGs at this point. We are due for something less predictable than normal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Darkrai was a central character in Shadows of Almia and was obtainable via a Wi-Fi mission, but that game was released after Movie 10.

At any rate, it's very unlikely they'll announce release a new Ranger game so soon. I can only hope that Mystery Dungeon won't be 2011's big title, either, since that series is definitely less fresh than the console RPGs at this point. We are due for something less predictable than normal.
    Yeah, I meant being the Pokemon's debut without an associated movie. I guess you could say Manaphy was like that, but it was still featured in a movie.

I love the Ranger series, but I too think they need to give it a rest for awhile. They've released three already, it wouldn't hurt for them to just hold off. Besides, Ranger doesn't really seem that good on a Wii.

Blog Entries

Jirachi was meant to be unlocked via Channel in Japan, but I guess the Pokémon Company changed their minds because of the movie promotion that was going on around the game's release. The feature ended up only being used for the European and Australian versions.

But this time it's different since it seems that Keldeo isn't going to be in the movie, and it's already been made clear that event Pokémon don't have to make their debut in movies. I find this idea much more reasonable than delaying everything by a year.

Keldeo wouldn't make for a good Shadow Pokémon, though. It definitely seems like the kind of Pokémon that would help save the day, akin to Celebi and Ho-Oh. Come to think of it, Mewtwo and Keldeo were both abused by people in some way, to the extent of being separated from their parents. If Genius Sonority played their cards right, they could create a fine plot about Mewtwo brainwashing Pokémon, convincing them that every person is their enemy and consequently turning them into Shadow Pokémon (which would work to Cipher's advantage). Keldeo could be the key to pacifying Mewtwo, since it is fortunate enough not to have let its anger consume its mind.

Blog Entries

The way Keldeo's backstory is set up, its more like it would help fight the bad guys but also hinder the good guys. The Muskadeer seem to fight against all humans.

Blog Entries

Keldeo doesn't necessarily share the Muskadeer trio's views, though. If it were featured in this game, it would be a chance to see what it has been up to outside Unova. Obviously it would fight off Cipher, but it might also be able to help the Shadow Pokémon and/or Mewtwo overcome their darkness.

Blog Entries

I didn't say this year was too soon, I'm saying its too soon right now to be expecting information. If it comes out in fall, I don't expect them to be giving out information until summer.
    But that's why I had mentioned E3 2011 in my post, which is supposed to take place June 9-11 of this year. Since we heard about this rumor only recently, I had said that we have anywhere between now and E3 2011 to get any other additional info, if it's actually true.

On another note, how big or small of a chance do we have of this game continuing the Shadow Pokemon plot? I didn't get very far in the Orre Colosseum after I had started the game over, but did Ardos actually imply that he intends to revive Cipher? I know that he was never caught by the authorities, like Greevil and Eldes have.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast