Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter .. - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter ..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter evolutions

While I sorta like the design of the final stages, I think they're fake. If they're real I could live with that, as long as Pokabu's evo isn't another freakin Fire/Fighting type because that'd be bringing lazy to a whole new level.
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter evolutions

I actually like all of the designs :3
    One part of me believes them to be fake. As previously mentioned the evolutions are somewhat too drastic for starter Pokemon. Of all the Pokemon in the series, they're usually the ones to retain a steady transformation.
    However, I actually think they could be real too. If we ignore the whole source arguement and purely consider their designs, they're essentially a snake, a pig and a horse (At least in its final form). These are three animals from the Chinese zodiac. I may be incorrect, but the ideas of yin and yang are also Chinese, and Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of this. It would therefore make sense for these Pokemon to be based from Chinese mythology too. There's also something about Pokabu's final evolution that looks Chinese to me (Its armour particularly)

Super Special Awesome! AbbyNormal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely believe those are faked. Since when does CoroCoro do plain white backgrounds? (Granted, I might be wrong. I am a woman :p)

I really hope those aren't real, simply because I can't stand Pokabu's evolutions! And it was going to be the one I would pick ><
    ~AbbyNormal

Favorite Smiley: !

bullet in my lung Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
    Since when does CoroCoro do plain white backgrounds?
    It's been said to be the back of a box, probably one for White version.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

These images scream fake to me, especially the final evolutions of Tsutaja and Mijumaru. I'd like to know what this "evidence" for them being real is.

If they're real, then there's the first real disappointing B/W news.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, well I like Tsujarta's evolutions alot, Im okay with Mijumaru's and really dont like Pokabu's :S But they look kind of fake to me, I mean, it doesnt look like the way something would be presented in coro coro :3 I may be wrong though ^-^
    The monkey sounds like an interesting concept though!
    Clicky?

Thanks ^-^

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer View Post
    The Monkey trio image is apparently taken from a picture of the back of the Black and White game box.
    Here's the White box:

You see it anywhere? (It's not the blurb image; use the surrounding areas of the screenshots to see why.) The layouts are usually pretty similar for both, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Life Alert View Post
    It's been said to be the back of a box, probably one for White version.
    See above quote. It was the Monkey trio said to be from the Black box.

EDIT: Also note that Baoppu's spite is just Yanappu's sprite recolored.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only thing I fully believe in for now is Tsuaja's first evolution. The rest looks a bit farfetched, bit could still happen.

And a monkey trio? How many primates does Pokémon need?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm probably gonna get hounded on for this... but I'm too sick (gots a cold) to even care right now. I will say that at least the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake have a high likelyhood of being real. If y'all could take a gander at the Best Wishes anime sketch that was leaked (and later confirmed to be true) a couple months ago, you can see the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake:

"He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

The story has now been tagged as unconfirmed, and is being reworded to make more clear that we're somewhat skeptical about it ourselves.

Personally, I'm still very skeptical about this. Other websites are reporting that their sources have confirmed it, but I'm a little more cautious. It wouldn't be the first time the fandom has been tricked. At least one person (on 4chan) has said it's a fake and claimed responsibility for it (http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/StarterFake.jpg), so for now it's still very much up in the air.

In response to those who posted earlier about the credibility of Bulbanews...you're most certainly right that we shouldn't pick up on these sort of stories without evidence to support them. We'd actually had it for a little while, and other normally reliable sites started posting it claiming they had evidence for it, so a view was taken that it should be safe enough to put up.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

I for one, am happy to believe them to be real. Well, the Monkey Trio is undeniable, but the evos look believable to me.
    It makes sense that, this close to the relese of BW, the final stages would be released/leaked. Ill be annoyed if Pokabus line is Fire/Fighting (as its midstage implies), but only because it would be the 3rd gen in a row to use that combo. I like the actual design.
    The appearance difference in Mijimarus line is a little dubious (though look at Remoraid/Octillery) but if they r confirmed legitimate, Ill be using them as my starter.
    I like the fact the the Grass Snake Pokemon actually loses the legs, though. The fact that Tsutarja has legs and is called a snake has infuriated my fiance since it was released.
    I hope they r real, because then I can justify buying the game.

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These went up on Serebii a few days ago and were taken down quickly, which makes me thing theyre fake.
    the second stages are in the same poses they were in that anime concept sketch strip we saw a while back, which makes me think they were edited from that. if these were real we'd probably be seeing ken sujimori's art first, or a blurry screenshot.
    Also the light blue chosen for the water second form looks like the kind of colour a faker would choose. i think its more likely to be white.

I liked the fake final forms that popped up a while ago. they were cool.

the monkeys are interesting. i wonder if the evolve from something like eeveemonkey or if theyre just parallels. maybe youll only be able to obtain one or two of them based on which starter you chose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bug- Then placed back on Serebii.

I actually kinda like the grass and water starter (GASP! Who said that!, no secret I didn't like the first stage of the water starter), but if they turn out to be fake oh well I will live. I cant wait until all the Pokemon are released and finally this fake crap can stop.
    As for the monkeys, hm Monkey trio? If the other two aren't fake could we potentially be looking at Gen V's legendary trio? (Really? I really hope not, the other legendary trios were fine but this might just be weird)
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Future Frontier Brain
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tsutarja & Mijumaru middle-evolutions are basically confirmed to be real, atleast for me. Iris was seen as just a thought that almost no one wanted to happen yet it did. So those 2 are ok. As for their final evolutions & Pokabu's 2nd & 3rd stage, I say those are fake. Something about Pokabu's evolutions just throw me off a bit too much. Tsutarja's final form just doesn't seem like a Pokemon to me (then again, neither did Hihidaruma). And Mijumaru's final form (while it does look like the best one here) just screams fake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I'm probably gonna get hounded on for this... but I'm too sick (gots a cold) to even care right now. I will say that at least the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake have a high likelyhood of being real. If y'all could take a gander at the Best Wishes anime sketch that was leaked (and later confirmed to be true) a couple months ago, you can see the secondary evolutions of the Otter and Snake:

Oh, nice observations, I thought they look familiar. Does that confirm them as real?

I think anyone can make up they made it. A ton of Pokemon look similar enough to say things like that.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast