Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter .. - Page 17

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starter ..

Default Re: Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starte

Really? Hito = sea lion (somehow)? You learn something new every day.
    No, Hito means "one".

So the name would be "Hito" (one person, sort of) "Maru" for boy/son, and then stick a sealion reference between them.

アシカ Ashika is Japanese for sea lion.

So if your theory holds through, Miju 3 will have a name like "Hitoashimaru" or something like that.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unconfirmed: 2ch, others leak heap of Black and White info: "Monkey trio," starte

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    No, Hito means "one".

So the name would be "Hito" (one person, sort of) "Maru" for boy/son, and then stick a sealion reference between them.

アシカ Ashika is Japanese for sea lion.

So if your theory holds through, Miju 3 will have a name like "Hitoashimaru" or something like that.
    I knew that "hito" meant "one", but you put the bracketed word "sea lion" after it, so I thought it meant something else.

Also, "Hitoashimaru" would violate the 5-kana limit. Just saying...

Another thing - I can't seem to find the entry where "maru" means "boy/child". All I'm getting is that it means "circle".
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

I can't seem to find the entry where "maru" means "boy/child". All I'm getting is that it means "circle".
    It's a common suffix in male given names. There's really not a good equivalent in English. Except perhaps "Smith" as a last name, but even that doesn't really imply gender.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, instead of hito-something-maru, we got Daikenki.

I can understand the "dai", because we do that in Chinese as well (as in, the eldest son is called "big" instead of "one", where as the rest are called "two", "three", etc.), but I have no idea what "kenki" means.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617