Twitter Account a Fake: Prankster frames YouTube user

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Account a Fake: Prankster frames YouTube user

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Twitter Account a Fake: Prankster frames YouTube user

Twitter Account a Fake: Prankster frames YouTube user

Yesterday, Bulbanews reported on a Twitter account that had been registered at the beginning of the month, apparently belonging to The Pokémon Company International. It has been brought to our attention that this account is a fake.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Twitter Account a Fake: Prankster frames YouTube user

I thought there was already a thread for this...

Blog Entries

This thread is about how the Youtube user was apparently framed.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone must have hated him, and so the prankster made a fake twitter.

Also, they made a new twitter:
    http://twitter.com/PokemonCompany
    THough, it might not be real.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

As I said in the other thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiron View Post
    And beyond that, his video defense doesn't hold at all, since he had posted on the Twitter that he was making such a video before he actually put it up (which, if it was just a hacker or whatever he's trying to paint it as, would have had no way of knowing that he was doing so/had actually recorded that and certainly wouldn't have deleted the comment after he put the video up)... He deleted the comment after he put out his video, but it was screencapped:

It was pretty conclusively him behind it, so the reference to it being a prankster should be removed from the article (or at the very least, change it to something akin to having been "possibly framed", and don't treat it as a fact that he was, as the video is by no means a solid, conclusive defense as the article current treats it), as it makes no logical sense for a prankster to both know that he was making a video before the fact (how would he know?) and delete the Twitter comment about him planning to make the video after that (why in the world we have done that? Leaving it makes it look more like the YouTube guy, and without it it seems more like a prank). The YouTube guy himself? Yes, to have some fun trolling and not to take the heat for it? Some prankster though? Doesn't add up in the least.

Video means nothing itself as a result, and could easily be accomplished by simply having a friend aid him or by piecing videos togehter/removing the section of him having typed in the tweet.

EDIT: And what was he doing recording himself looking at that Twitter anyway? Looking at his other videos, doesn't exactly seem his style. And what would him simply recording the Twitter, saying "it's not me" have proved by itself? It would have been a waste of time/effort simply having a camera staring at the screen for a few hours, so and he might as well have made a video in his more normal style, saying the the same. The only reason it would have even made sense to bother doing an actual recording, so that he wouldn't have simply been wasting his time, would have been if he could have been insured that a Tweet would happen while he was recording... which could only be done if he himself was behind it. The pieces of the puzzle really don't fit together any other way.
    Last edited by Shiron; 9th December 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Someone must have hated him, and so the prankster made a fake twitter.

Also, they made a new twitter:
    http://twitter.com/PokemonCompany
    THough, it might not be real.
    On that new one, he is making those fake names, that don't exist...
    ~--++~~This signature is currently under construction. Please wait for anything fancy~~++--~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowrider View Post
    On that new one, he is making those fake names, that don't exist...
    goldndsilver7- http://www.youtube.com/user/goldndsilver7?blend=1&ob=4

jubilifetv- http://jubilifeblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JubilifeTV

Mansmasherz- YouTube account suspended

BadCandyStudios- http://www.youtube.com/user/BadCandyStudios

Do research son.

http://www.youtube.com/theedgerly
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

We all need to stop jumping to conclusions, guys. There is no conclusive evidence he did or did not do it. NONE. Just because the now-gone twitter mentioned making a video does not automatically link it to him because of the video. It could have been a lucky guess, or quite possibly an annoyed friend who heard from the guy that he would make a video.

The fact is, we jumped to the conclusion it was real, and now that we know it's fake we're jumping to conclusions again at who to point the finger at. While it really shouldn't matter who did it, we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, seeing where that got us in the first place. :/

Also @insomniac: however, the RTs/@replys are to fake people.

edit: New post with different YT link. But there's, like, nothing on it. :P
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Blog Entries

Talking about twitter names, TYPHLOSION, and animationsftw
    ~--++~~This signature is currently under construction. Please wait for anything fancy~~++--~

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Why the hell would he do something like this? What would he gain? Nothing. Nothing. And why would he say he was going to make a video denying it. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

I follow GCPM11 and I believe him innocent.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Why the hell would he do something like this? What would he gain? Nothing. Nothing. And why would he say he was going to make a video denying it. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

I follow GCPM11 and I believe him innocent.
    He's a troll who wasn't expecting to get caught at all and simply be believed to be TPC, but nonetheless had a plan just in case that would enable him to get away with this, and let him laugh both while people actually fall for it, and while people such as myself futily try to pin the facts down on him, which he ended up needing to enact when WPM called out the Twitter account, and so did. In brief, to laugh at people's gulibility, even when he makes the facts so clear for them, which is basically all the reason a troll needs, especially an arrogant one with a huge ego like him.

On top of that, he's apparently done stuff of this sort before, such as stealing WPM's stuff and claiming it as his own only to be caught, so I can't exactly take his side without a skeptical eye here. Beyond that, the facts of the case only make sense at all if it was him, as this "pranker's" actions would be totally illogical, as they had him right where they wanted him with no reason at all to let him go (after all, letting people go doesn't get laughs; seeing them futily struggle, struggle, and struggle some more does), but nonetheless this person conveniently start letting him go as soon as the video's released? Doesn't add up. Works as an escape plan for him since it's easy to do and as seen here people will believe it, but doesn't make sense for a prankster actually trying to get laughs on his part, but letting him go before even having one.

Things really only add up if this Youtube guy was trying to see how gulible people are through this stunt, so unless something comes up, I can't really take his side of the story here.
    Last edited by Shiron; 9th December 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiron View Post
    He's a troll who wasn't expecting to get caught at all and simply be believed to be TPC, but nonetheless had a plan just in case that would enable him to get away with this, and let him laugh both while people actually fall for it, and while people such as myself futily try to pin the facts down on him, which he ended up needing to enact when WPM called out the Twitter account, and so did. In brief, to laugh at people's gulibility, even when he makes the facts so clear for them, which is basically all the reason a troll needs, especially an arrogant one with a huge ego like him.

On top of that, he's apparently done stuff of this sort before, such as stealing WPM's stuff and claiming it as his own only to be caught, so I can't exactly take his side without a skeptical eye here. Beyond that, the facts of the case only make sense at all if it was him, as this "pranker's" actions would be totally illogical, as they had him right where they wanted him, and then coveniently start letting him go as soon as the video's released.

Things really only add up if this Youtube guy was trying to see how gulible people are through this stunt, so unless something comes up, I can't really take his side of the story here.
    Though I don't particularly like GCPM11 just as much as the next person, I have to say, he didn't do it. Though you can argue infinite ways against him, Ryuutakesh! is right, it just isn't something he would do. He didn't try to pass WPM's video off as his own, GCPM11's biggest problem (ever since the start) has been that he doesn't say who his sources are, which is the same thing that happened there. He took the video and just posted it to get praise for "I went out on the internet and found information for you all, subscribe and love me" which isn't really the same as passing it off as his own... In my opinion, the guy just created the account to mess with people, and then when WPM blew him out of the water, he decided to go out in a bang by blaming it on someone... you have to admit though, with GCPM11's crave for subscribers, he was the easy target.

I mean come on... he lied from the get-go that that was the "official Pokemon Company Twitter" to which was obviously a lie, and now that he says "I'm GCPM11, subscribe to me!," do you REALLY think he's any more trustworthy?

I been reading some of you guys respone's some are pretty good arguements and i thought i was the only person that noticed he never gives his sources out to anybody even through many people asked him about it including me.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Guys, he posted that video about the twitter back when we all believed it to be true. He does that. He finds anything that might be news and makes a video about it. Some of you have been linking to his videos all summer.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I lol'ed real hard when people actually belived his HG/SS hoenn map that he made and tried to pass it as a offical one.

Twitter needs to work on there rules or guidelines on about this whole thing so it won't happen again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast