TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 2011

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 2011

TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 2011

For years, official digital representations of the Pokémon Trading Card Game had gone dormant. It has been over a decade since TCG fans had enjoyed their card-battling experiences with computer and video game versions of the Pokémon TCG via Pokémon Play It! or the Game Boy Color game. Starting in April, trading card fans young and old will finally get the chance to play the trading card game without the actual cards once again with the Pokémon Trainer Challenge.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 20

This came out of nowhere!
    It's great news, and I'll definitely be interested!

The whole Pokémon browser experience is honestly getting very good. The Trainer Club, followed by Global Link and soon enough, this. Kudos to TPCi -- we're now finally getting services similar to the ones of Japan.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPCi to release online version of the TCG: Trainer Challenge to debut in April 20

Okay, that sounds cool. =D Wonder if it will ever expand for PvP.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

I sure hope this is foreshadowing a TCG game for the (3)DS.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Okay, that sounds cool. =D Wonder if it will ever expand for PvP.
    I think that's a given! It's called Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, after all. Still, it's awesome that they're even introducing characters for it.
    Either way, this seems like something that will vitalize the Pokémon TCG once more. Also, it appears to be western developed. That's something rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I sure hope this is foreshadowing a TCG game for the (3)DS.
    Most of all, if something like this is ever to happen, it has more chances of being on the style of the old TCG games -- meaning having a plot and everything -- rather than being just a simulator, which we now have.

Reminds me of Red Shark, except with more flare and shine... and being official.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YES! Like with Yugioh, I like the Pokemon TCG, there's just no decent way to play it without spending money on the actual cards...but now...hooray!

A portable game with a story would be cooler though, but oh well.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ooh, think about this:

Using Augmented Reality, one could take a picture of a card, which will unlock it in TCG Online.

Blog Entries
    Follow Gwingle On Twitter
    Follow Gwingle on Tumblr Visit Gwingle's Youtube Channel

Yes. YES. YES! Finally I don't have to play GBC to battle cards any time. I wish there was an offline mode.

Back after ages! Extra-Terrestrial's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And the best thing is I DON'T HAVE TO GO USING A GOOD SIX DOLLARS OF MY ALLOWANCE, BECAUSE YOU 'WIN' Cards on this according to the website. Well, I'll be waiting.

Blog Entries

Nice. I never got to play the TCG with others, and they never made any video games of it like Konami does at least twice every year with Yu-Gi-Oh. (well, there was that one, but...)

Blog Entries

So, A way for people to play that don't want to spend $100+ for cards that will be shuffled out the next time a pack comes out.

This better come out in the US or I'll punch a baby.

Blog Entries
    Follow Gwingle On Twitter
    Follow Gwingle on Tumblr Visit Gwingle's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Holo-Chan View Post
    So, A way for people to play that don't want to spend $100+ for cards that will be shuffled out the next time a pack comes out.

I think the preview site is already in English.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holo-Chan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gwingle View Post
    I think the preview site is already in English.
    Correct. The site is currently US-only. No European branches have announced this, nor are any of the domains associated with European countries registered by either of TPCi's registrars.

This is a ripoff of

Because they're both using codes off of their tabletop gaming products for an online game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast