TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi

Default TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi

TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten minutes

On February 5, the thirteenth Pokémon movie aired on Cartoon Network. Ten minutes of Zoroark: Master of Illusions was cut from the beginning of the movie, causing two plot holes. TPCi was not aware of the cut prior to airing, and has since contacted Cartoon Network. All future airings of the movie will have the missing intro.

Read more on Bulbanews

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

Another reason why I hate CN.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

I knew it was Cartoon Network's fault and not TPCi >___<
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

im not surprised they arent happy, why did Cartoon Network do that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    im not surprised they arent happy, why did Cartoon Network do that
    To cut room for Adventure time.

Seriously, why couldn't they have just cut down the Giratina movie or something? Or...not show it at all >__<"

HAHA!!! Take that Cartoon Network. How dare they cut the Zoroark movie?!?
    Pokemon Black FC: 1377 7082 2212

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    HAHA!!! Take that Cartoon Network. How dare they cut the Zoroark movie?!?
    It's one thing to cut a few minutes off a movie to save space...it's a whole other thing to cut the whole FIRST TEN MINUTES of a movie out.

Blog Entries

So, THAT'S why I was like "How the hell did half of this come about and why doesn't it match the Bulbapedia page!?!"
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yabukuron View Post
    It's one thing to cut a few minutes off a movie to save space...it's a whole other thing to cut the whole FIRST TEN MINUTES of a movie out.
    Tell me about it man. I was so mad when I saw they had cut it. My most favorite Pokemon movie of all time, ruined. ;_;
    Pokemon Black FC: 1377 7082 2212

I figured something like this was up.

Might have to rent the DVD or wait until it airs in Canada before I get to see the parts I missed... Which given it's current shedcule, might air sometime in June. :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I was hoping to hear the extended Sinnoh League Victors theme as well. What where the two plotholes (barely) mentioned in the news article?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
    I was hoping to hear the extended Sinnoh League Victors theme as well. What where the two plotholes (barely) mentioned in the news article?
    What Pokemon Baccer is, and how the hell Zorua escaped Kodai and how the whole separation occurs...without seeing it it's just like Zorua's there, and you don't know why.

it messes it up a lot.

How Zorua escaped the airplane and probably how Zoroark is able to transform into the 3 legendary beasts.

EDIT: I'll be honest, I still don't know what the hell Pokémon Baccer is supposed to be... Is it like soccer? Who the hell knows!
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh. Cartoon Network probably won't be airing this film again for another eight or nine months (Thanksgiving weekend at the earliest?).

By that time, the film will be released on DVD/Blu-ray and nobody will care about this issue any more...

They weren't so much plotholes as plot inconveniences.

The first ten minutes of the Zoroark film explains the rest of the movie's plot. Everything from Ash and co. learning about the Pokemon Baccer Tournament in Crown City; Kodai participating in the tournament with "Raikou/Entei/Suicune"; Kodai capturing Zoroark and forcing her to transform into the Legendary Beasts; and Zorua escaping Kodai's airship.

They also cut out the "World of Pokemon" intro with Ash VS Kenta/Jimmy.

Blog Entries

It's great to know TPCI wasn't the reason behind the cut. I'm glad they've contacted CN about the issue; it feels good knowing they care.

I don't find it at all surprising CN did this, though. The large amount of commercial breaks during the airing couldn't have been more evident; cutting the first ten minutes allowed for even more advertisements.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast