TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Default TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

The Pokémon Company released information about Jump Festa on their website today, confirming that they will be making a surprise announcement. They also stated they will deliver the latest "in Pokémon games and goodies," possibly implying a game announcement at Jump Festa.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

pokemon battle chess?!
    Really?

... ok I admit I would like to try that out. (I kinda would want it to be a legit tabletop chess game though.)

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Whoa, Battle Chess? Sounds interesting.
    Wait, is it a video game or like actual chess?

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

So it looks like it will be a game after all. I dont think its PokePark 2 or Battle Chess, which even I'll admit sounds awesome, I think the surprise announcement will be a seperate thing. I want Jump Festa to be here already so we'll know what it is.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

For those of you that want to try out Battle Chess, enjoy!

Battle chess battle link: 遊びかた・対戦してみる|ポケモンバトルチェス
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer)

Gen I lover since 1998

Blog Entries

I guess it's been mentioned that Genius Sonority is going to be at this thing too. With that said and with the recent Movie 15 merchandise announcement, I'm guessing it's either our Gray Version or the *inevitable* Stadium-esque game that's for Gen V. But I'm not gonna hold on to my guesses too tight until it's all said and done.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

The Battle Chess thing sounds cool in theory but when you look at it it looks actually really...really...dumb. :/
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is Battle Chess supposed to be the announcement, or a side announcement? Battle chess keeps on getting mentioned as though it were a coinciding event, but the title for the news makes me think one's about the other.
    Oh?

Since Battle Chess has been pointed out by officials to be in Trozei style, perhaps the announcement is Trozei 2? While I would love some main-series announcements, a sequel to Trozei would be just as welcomed by me!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
    Is Battle Chess supposed to be the announcement, or a side announcement? Battle chess keeps on getting mentioned as though it were a coinciding event, but the title for the news makes me think one's about the other.
    Well, although Pokemon Battle Chess was already revealed to be present at Jump Festa, they still have the "surprise announcement" post there, so the announcement has nothing to do with Pokemon Battle Chess.
    Last edited by bian; 3rd December 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Okay.... So I've been wrong about this the whole time? This is mainly about a CHESS GAME??? Boy, this seems like the Pokemon trading figure game that was dead before it even got started.....

The PokePark 2 thing is okay.... I guess. But it seems like for them to make such a big deal about this, they would be doing something BIGGER.

Now about the surprise announcement: This has to be something BIG! Since Kyurem is in the next movie, maybe this WILL be a Pokemon Grey announcement. If it is, something tells me that Kyurem WON'T have an alternate form. I keep saying that in order for Kyurem to have an alternate form, Reshiram and Zekrom need to be in the 15th movie as well, and I don't see them in the 15th movie. Although, there could be something like the Griseous Orb in the movie as well as the game (because ya'll know that I've been wrong before haha).

Another possibility is that this "surprise announcement" could simply be about Keldeo, and that there will be a distribution when the movie comes out, which is still fairly big since Keldeo has yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Now about the surprise announcement: This has to be something BIG!
    No it doesn't. Period. The last "shocking announcement" was a Mewtwo distribution. That wasn't big, lol.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Still, anything could be possible. It's December now, and we have the upcoming new Pokemon game that will be released on Spring 2012, so this month should be the right time for them to reveal it. The next Pokemon movies were also revealed in this month, so it's possible that they may reveal Keldeo as well.

Blog Entries

I have a question... does the DS have wireless compatibility with the Wii U? The reason why I'm asking is because a lot of people insist that the *inevitable* Gen V Stadium game won't come on the Wii, but instead the Wii U. If it were to come on the Wii U instead of the Wii, how would you be able to trade your 'mons from B/W over to the Stadium game?
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast