TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Is it just me, or does this sound similar to Yu-Gi-Oh Chess?
    (It does exist.)

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

As if the Genius Sonority listing weren't confusing enough, the recent movie teaser was followed by:

"More information on this movie will come on the official site on December 17th."

Ordinarily they would update the site immediately, but since the date coincides with Jump Festa, maybe they are going to reveal Kyurem's Forme or Keldeo and that's the reason for the delay.
    Last edited by Silktree; 7th December 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    As if the Genius Sonority listing weren't confusing enough, the recent movie teaser was followed by:

"More information on this movie will come on the official site on December 17th."

Ordinarily they would update the site immediately, but since the date coincides with Jump Festa, maybe they are going to reveal Kyurem's Forme or Keldeo and that's the reason for the delay.
    Well I hope there's more than that! That teaser wasn't much.

I hope that they will reveal more at Jump Festa. Although, didn't they say that they were mostly focused on the games and Battle Chess and NOT the movies, or did I misread something? But if so, the Jump Festa announcement could be about Keldeo and the distribution for the games, and then, after Jump Festa, show a trailer for the 15th movie with Keldeo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Well I hope there's more than that! That teaser wasn't much.

I hope that they will reveal more at Jump Festa. Although, didn't they say that they were mostly focused on the games and Battle Chess and NOT the movies, or did I misread something? But if so, the Jump Festa announcement could be about Keldeo and the distribution for the games, and then, after Jump Festa, show a trailer for the 15th movie with Keldeo.
    Yes, they didn't mention the anime or movie. If they reveal either Kyurem's Forme or Keldeo in Jump Festa, it seems that it will be tied to a game promotion.
    jokool likes this.

Blog Entries

Just keep tellin' yourself folks... "10 more days... 10 more days..." There's so much hype about this whole thing that I highly doubt it's something like the MD or Ranger games like some have suggested. I'm either going with the 3rd version or the Gen V Stadium.

As far as the Genius Sonority listing, I have a question since I can't read Japanese on the Jump Festa site. Since Genius Sonority has been known to make non-Pokemon games, is there a possibility that they might be at Jump Festa for something else? Or is Genius Sonority specifically listed to be at this particular announcement regarding this particular game?
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

If it is a new game, then wouldn't CoroCoro reveal it before December 17th 2011?
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    As far as the Genius Sonority listing, I have a question since I can't read Japanese on the Jump Festa site. Since Genius Sonority has been known to make non-Pokemon games, is there a possibility that they might be at Jump Festa for something else? Or is Genius Sonority specifically listed to be at this particular announcement regarding this particular game?
    Genius Sonority is listed in the copyright information on Jump Festa's Pokémon page. That said, no one has outright stated that a new game is going to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy
    If it is a new game, then wouldn't CoroCoro reveal it before December 17th 2011?
    One would expect so. Then again, at least the movie website is only going to be updated on December 17th, and normally the official website is updated on the 15th to go along with CoroCoro.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

That's the thing. The surprise reveal date is the same as the extra info date in the Oho Shouta vid, and anything can happen. Best thing to do right now should be to just wait for Pokemon Smash on Sunday, surely they would have some sort of preview for such news when the reveal happens on the Saturday before next week's Sunday. Right?

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I don't want to bring anyone's hopes up - but I find the fact the dates coincide strangely suspicious.

- December 17th; a game-related news.
    - December 17th; more info on the movie.

And then we get this;

Oh God, I wanna know already. Is it about Keldeo or Kyurem? <.<

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

In my opinion it could be about either. I think we will definately get a reveal of some kind related to this at Jump Festa, right now that seems to be the way things are heading. Either way we get news soon, possibly something from CoroCoro in a week's time.

Blog Entries

I'm actually getting worried about whether or not there will be any game announcement, as the description of the December 18th episode of Pokémon Smash only mentions movie information. When Origin Forme and Shaymin were revealed in February 2008, nothing was directly implied about future games just yet.

The anomaly is the Jump Festa website, which doesn't mention the movie at all and suspiciously contains the "Developed by Genius Sonority" listing. Perhaps there has been a change of plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I'm actually getting worried about whether or not there will be any game announcement, as the description of the December 18th episode of Pokémon Smash only mentions movie information. When Origin Forme and Shaymin were revealed in February 2008, nothing was directly implied about future games just yet.

The anomaly is the Jump Festa website, which doesn't mention the movie at all and suspiciously contains the "Developed by Genius Sonority" listing. Perhaps there has been a change of plans.
    Well I guess they may not have mentioned it in the preview because it is meant to be a surprise announcement. But I see what you mean, so who knows.

I think that whatever the game is that is being released on the DS in spring will be announced in Coro Coro, and the Jump Festa will be used to help promote the game. We surely must be getting info on the game this month, so Coro Coro or Jump Festa is the perfect time. Im thinking the surprise announcement is just about Keldeo and more info on the movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    I think that whatever the game is that is being released on the DS in spring
    Just for the record, we don't know that a DS game is involved.

will be announced in Coro Coro, and the Jump Festa will be used to help promote the game. We surely must be getting info on the game this month, so Coro Coro or Jump Festa is the perfect time.
    The problem is that Pokémon Smash has always covered recent game announcements (most recently with Rumble and PokéPark 2), and I'm fairly sure that the relevant episode previews have always mentioned a game scoop. This time the preview only mentions the TCG, Battrio and a movie announcement.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

If it ends up being the console game(Stadium type game) then it better be similar to Stadium(I miss rentals and mini games) Or at least like XD and COL.
    himanuts likes this.

Blog Entries

I've talked with Serebii about this, and it seems that this isn't the first time Pokémon Smash hasn't foreshadowed a new game (it happened with Rumble). However, he pointed out something else, which in my opinion is more worrisome. The official website was updated with a Battle Chess BW commercial today, and oddly enough the icon they used for the update was the one used for the spin-off games (the "Other Games" category), even though they would normally label it under the "Goods" category (as they do with the Battrio sets). This, the Genius Sonority listing and the fact that the sprites in the chess set resemble the Trozei ones, make it seem inevitable that Genius Sonority's next game will be directly related to Battle Chess BW.

I think everyone would be wise to lower their expectations if they weren't low enough already.
    Last edited by Silktree; 9th December 2011 at 03:00 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 3rd December 2011, 01:41 AM