TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    No it doesn't. Period. The last "shocking announcement" was a Mewtwo distribution. That wasn't big, lol.
    True. But did they make the Mewtwo announcement at a event they've never been at before? It just doesn't seem like they would go to all this trouble for a small announcement.

But still, I did also say that it could be just something about Keldeo.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I have a question... does the DS have wireless compatibility with the Wii U? The reason why I'm asking is because a lot of people insist that the *inevitable* Gen V Stadium game won't come on the Wii, but instead the Wii U. If it were to come on the Wii U instead of the Wii, how would you be able to trade your 'mons from B/W over to the Stadium game?
    There shouldn't be a problem with wireless compatibility. Regardless of whether or not the next title is released for the Wii, chances are that no features will be hindered by playing it on the Wii U.

Although things are up in the air, I'll take a gamble and say that I expect the next game to be a Wii title. The only reason I believe that is the Genius Sonority listing, but there is nothing wrong with the idea of releasing another Wii game in early 2012. I think that the more sensible approach would have been to release the game instead of Typing DS or PokéPark 2 (both of which are doing badly in terms of sales), but not everything the Pokémon Company does makes sense.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

To be honest, this is really fun.

Much more than actual Chess...

But I'd much rather have a better spinoff...

Blog Entries

OH LOL I GET IT CHESS BLACK AND WHITE CHESS BLACK AND WHITE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    There shouldn't be a problem with wireless compatibility. Regardless of whether or not the next title is released for the Wii, chances are that no features will be hindered by playing it on the Wii U.

Although things are up in the air, I'll take a gamble and say that I expect the next game to be a Wii title. The only reason I believe that is the Genius Sonority listing, but there is nothing wrong with the idea of releasing another Wii game in early 2012. I think that the more sensible approach would have been to release the game instead of Typing DS or PokéPark 2 (both of which are doing badly in terms of sales), but not everything the Pokémon Company does makes sense.
    I think what concerns me about the possibility of the Gen V Stadium game being on the Wii U is if whether or not the DS has wireless compatibility with the Wii U. I do know for sure that the 3DS does have wireless compatibility with the Wii, since you can transfer your Mii's onto the 3DS. With that in mind, I think what could work is for them to make the Gen V Stadium game for the Wii, and then make Gray Version for the 3DS, and yet still be able to have compatibility with all three of the main series games.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Gen V Stadium can't be on the Wii U, because Skyward Sword is being described by Nintendo as the Wii's "swan song." As in, the last game they plan on making for the Wii. Whether or not the DS will have wireless compatibility with it is another story (though I don't see why it wouldn't, to only give wireless compatibility with the 3DS is really jerkish).
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Gen V Stadium can't be on the Wii U, because Skyward Sword is being described by Nintendo as the Wii's "swan song." As in, the last game they plan on making for the Wii.
    They've never said that; that's the description used by the gaming media and some Nintendo fans. Nintendo's stance is different; Reggie Fils-Aime claims that the Wii will coexist with the Wii for some time, which should at least mean that a Wii game released before the Wii U is a possibility. He also added that Skyward Sword probably won't be surpassed on the Wii (if at all), but that's irrelevant because the console Pokémon games have never been compared to the Zelda ones.

Dragon Quest X is being developed for the Wii and Wii U, but it seems that that only the Wii version is slated for a 2012 release. For all we know this could prove to be the case for a Pokémon game, as well.
    Last edited by Silktree; 5th December 2011 at 06:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, I could be mistaken. That's what the employees at the Nintendo booth at PAX Prime told me.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Well, I could be mistaken. That's what the employees at the Nintendo booth at PAX Prime told me.
    You directly asked them about that and they told you that Skyward Sword was the Wii's "swan song"? Maybe they were trying to hype the game more than anything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    You directly asked them about that and they told you that Skyward Sword was the Wii's "swan song"? Maybe they were trying to hype the game more than anything else.
    They very well could have been. I had just finished the demo and told the attendant at that station how much I enjoyed it, and that's when he said it.

Blog Entries

... Please forgive me if I finding that hard to believe. I've seen the whole "I know a friend who knows somebody at this gaming/animation company" or "an official employee of this company told me this" song and dance turn out to be bull way too many times for me to count. But if you are telling the truth, those people that you were talking to at the booth may not know everything. For example, there's that rumor from earlier this year regarding a possible XD/Battle Revolution game for Gen V being made for the Wii. That rumor was supposedly started by a guy running the booth for Nintendo accessories. So far, we haven't heard anymore on that rumor, and again, it's still only a rumor.

There's also the fact that B/W were made for the DS instead of the 3DS, which was a move that was unprecidented. If they can make the next generation of main handhelds (Gen V in this case) on a gaming console that the majority of gamers think is "dying", then I don't see a problem with them making the Gen V equivelant of Stadium for the Wii, a console that again most people are saying is "dying".

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

Blog Entries

*shrug* Look, it's just what I was told when I tried the demo of Skyward Sword at PAX Prime earlier this year. The person could very well have been mistaken - I'm acknowledging that. Not trying to start any arguments or anything.

When is Jump Fiesta, anyway? I'm getting really curious to find out what this announcement is.

*shrug* Look, it's just what I was told when I tried the demo of Skyward Sword at PAX Prime earlier this year. The person could very well have been mistaken - I'm acknowledging that. Not trying to start any arguments or anything.

When is Jump Fiesta, anyway? I'm getting really curious to find out what this announcement is.
    It's on December 17 and 18. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyPlaysPokemon View Post
    For those of you that want to try out Battle Chess, enjoy!

Battle chess battle link: 遊びかた・対戦してみる|ポケモンバトルチェス
    Nice game, but was that really all they promoted so much? an online game? well, it's a lot better than these official site minigames, at least... I guess it does fit the theme of black/white
    Though attacking eggs seems too cruel to me XD at first I thought the egg would "hatch" sometime during the gamplay, but then it attacked my egg 0__o first time I lost, second time won... I think I'm going to play a few more times now XD
    As for the big announcement... with the upcoming movie being confirmed to have Kyurem, I really expect it to be BW's third version... but as others said, we really should've got the stadium/colosseum/revolution of this gen by now, so I guess that's another option...

EDIT: http://www.pokemon-bc.com/ according to the pic I see there, seems like it's not -just- an online game, but a "chess" game... the online game is there to advertise and compliment the real game, I guess...
    Last edited by Piplup; 5th December 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries

If this does turn out to be our Stadium game, I really hope it has some sort of Story Mode in it...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 3rd December 2011, 01:41 AM