TPC to attend Jump Festa this year: Company to debut at event

Thread: TPC to attend Jump Festa this year: Company to debut at event

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default TPC to attend Jump Festa this year: Company to debut at event

TPC to attend Jump Festa this year: Company to debut at event

The Pokémon Company will be making an appearance at this year's Jump Festa event Dec. 17 and 18 — a first for the company.

Read more on Bulbanews

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: TPC to attend Jump Festa this year: Company to debut at event

Considering that Official Nintendo Magazine went and jumped to conclusions about games, I think it's best to remind people that, as the article states, we have no idea what it will be.

Personally, I'd love them to be showing a Pokémon RéBurst OVA; although I doubt that will actually happen.

Blog Entries

While the announcement could be about anything, I don't see the Pokémon Company attending an event for the first time unless they have something important to showcase. PokéPark 2 will most likely have been released by the time this event is held, and Tsunekazu Ishihara previously indicated that late 2011 would see more than one game-related surprise.

Since Game Freak is the only Pokémon developer that hasn't released a game in 2011 (Genius Sonority, Ambrella and Creatures) or is working on a non-Pokémon game (Chunsoft), chances are a main series game will be released around March. If so, the Pokémon Company would be wise to use Jump Festa as an alternative to the summer-based Pokémon Festa, where the main series games have been previewed.
    Last edited by Silktree; 27th September 2011 at 09:06 AM.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    While the announcement could be about anything, I don't see the Pokémon Company attending an event for the first time unless they have something important to showcase. PokéPark 2 will most likely have been released by the time this event is held, and Tsunekazu Ishihara has already indicated that late 2011 will have more than one game-related surprise.

Since Game Freak is the only Pokémon developer that hasn't released a game in 2011 (Genius Sonority, Ambrella and Creatures) or is working on a non-Pokémon game (Chunsoft), chances are a main series game will be released around March. If so, the Pokémon Company would be wise to use Jump Festa as an alternative to the summer-based Pokémon Festa, where the main series games have been previewed.
    Wasn't it said earlier this year that GameFreak are working on a non-Pokémon game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Wasn't it said earlier this year that GameFreak are working on a non-Pokémon game?
    They also said that only a very small group of people were working on it. The game Chunsoft are working on seems to be big, and its development is only halfway done.

Blog Entries

Not getting my hopes up, so maybe I'll be excited when its announced.

El_
    Blog Entries

Looks interesting. Perhaps it could be what I think it is? The timing is just right, a few months after the Mewtwo event.

Who knows, hopefully this time it will be something big. Probably shouldn't get my hopes up either though, but we'll see.

Blog Entries

Please, for the love of God, PLEASE don't let this be as bad as the PokéPark 2 announcement. I'd love to see a new Mystery Dungeon, or a new Ranger, or even the RS remakes that about half the fandom seems to be clamoring for. A new Stadium/Colosseum/PBR-type game would be nice if they game us an RPG segment.