Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémon Co

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémon Co

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémon Co

Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémon Company ...

While the Pokémon franchise has been a phenomenal success worldwide since its debut in 1996, with the vast majority of the world being able to enjoy the games, trading card game and anime, one area that has seen a clear divide has been merchandise.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémo

The company has also stated that is has "cleared the decks" in regards to licensing and have brought in Tomy International, with the huge promise of ensuring that everyone in the world gets the same toys as the ones in Japan.
    That certainly is a very bold statement and I hope it pans out. Being in the US, I've felt as though we're the redheaded stepchild when it comes to the toy end of Pokemon merchandising. I'm one of those who loves getting the plushes, figures and other toys but it's always seemed that Japan got better merchandise. If this levels the playing field, I will be very happy.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Tomy International brought on board to help international merchandise: The Pokémo

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    The company has also stated that is has "cleared the decks" in regards to licensing and have brought in Tomy International, with the huge promise of ensuring that everyone in the world gets the same toys as the ones in Japan.
    That certainly is a very bold statement and I hope it pans out. Being in the US, I've felt as though we're the redheaded stepchild when it comes to the toy end of Pokemon merchandising. I'm one of those who loves getting the plushes, figures and other toys but it's always seemed that Japan got better merchandise. If this levels the playing field, I will be very happy.
    And Europe is even worse off than the US is.

Personally, I'd love it if TPCi could even have an online store where they imported things from the Pokémon Centres and shipped them across the world.

That would be the most amazing thing ever...to not have to pay all these international shipping and air fare costs. I'm getting starry eyed just considering it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Personally, I'd love it if TPCi could even have an online store where they imported things from the Pokémon Centres and shipped them across the world.
    Yes, please. Ever since the Pokemon Center website shut down, I've been feeling pretty hooped over here. But if TPCi really can get Tomy to pull this off, it will help. I want a level playing field like no one's business.
    Joshawott likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

I doubt Canada will be on board with this, but it certainly sounds very interesting and hopeful. Japan always had the best merchandise, so it's nice to hear the possibility of this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

If you all go to your local stores here in America they have this Tomy stuff in full force.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I recently visited Toys R Us to pick up my Pikachu 3DS XL and was pleased to see a huge selection of Tomy International toys. All the Jakks stuff is on clearance now lol. Hope this stuff keeps up :)

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This could answer the question of how they'll bring the Rumble U figurines out of Japan.
    Oh?

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Tomy figures have been out for like 3 months already. I'd love another Online Store though that would make everything better!

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

This is the best news I've heard so far this year 8D! Hopefully I can add more cobalion merchandise easily!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    I recently visited Toys R Us to pick up my Pikachu 3DS XL and was pleased to see a huge selection of Tomy International toys. All the Jakks stuff is on clearance now lol. Hope this stuff keeps up :)
    *goes to Toys R Us as soon as possible*
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Target is selling the Tomy stuff too.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Blog Entries

This is awesome news! Tommy is a great company with a with a wide variety of toys. I've seen their products in many stores I've been in (like Wal-Mart).

I really hope that this come full circle and we do get more awesome Pokémon products (like plushies and figures).

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tomy was always the "Cadillac" of Pokemon merchandice interms of quality. I hope they go back to making the PVC figures that were the like the original figurines that were made circa 1998-until Jakks started to make them. THe Japan grade Tomy Zoura plush i have is way more realistic than the other ones.

Blog Entries

Welp, there goes my pocket money.

I'm interested by this "new TV series", though. Does that refer to DA, or is the XY dub gonna be starting earlier than we're expecting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast