Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to di
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to di

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to di

Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to distribute ...

Various stores in Japan will be distributing Groudon and Kyogre to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions. Groudon will only be received by players of Black Version 2 and Kyogre will only be received by players of White Version 2. The distribution will run from Nov. 21, 2012 to Jan. 10, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores t

There. A simple distribution to celebrate the 10th anniversary, not remakes. Told y'all they weren't happening this year.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores t

This better be distributed in the U.S. as next year is our tenth anniversary with R/S.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I also think that this distribution proves that RSEmakes won't be released in Generation V. This further proof contains spoilers for B2W2.

I think it is very likely that this distribution will happen internationally, maybe by Wi-Fi connection.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    There. A simple distribution to celebrate the 10th anniversary, not remakes. Told y'all they weren't happening this year.
    Whatever, 11th anniversary remake is fine too. :P
    Why do White 2 players get Kyogre? If this comes out in the U.S. I really want a Groudon. D:
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    Why do White 2 players get Kyogre? If this comes out in the U.S. I really want a Groudon. D:
    Because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Black and White. Both versions I've bolded are second versions based on how it was placed. If it were called Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, then Groudon would've been in White 2 since Ruby was placed after Sapphire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Black and White. Both versions I've bolded are second versions based on how it was placed. If it were called Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, then Groudon would've been in White 2 since Ruby was placed after Sapphire.
    Well I kinda figured that out, but honestly, the whole "second version" to me means nothing. I just don't like calling it that. I like think of the paired versions as one game, but split into two different versions. The way people say "second version" make it seem like it's completely different and less important than the "first version."

Anyways, I just want a Groudon. is that too much to ask for? :P
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, is it RS's 10th Anniversary? :| About freakin' time we got SOMETHING to commemorate it. Dolls in Dream World don't count, since I can't train them. OTL
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    And yet Kyogre and Groudon are obtainable in HeartGold and SoulSilver, respectively, rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets
    Anyways, I just want a Groudon. is that too much to ask for? :P
    You haven't played Ruby, Emerald or SoulSilver? Groudon has been around. Frankly, this distribution is boring due to the lack of new moves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Frankly, this distribution is boring due to the lack of new moves.
    None of the moves known by Groudon or Kyogre in this event have been confirmed yet. They may include some event exclusive moves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Frankly, this distribution is boring due to the lack of new moves.
    None of the moves known by Groudon or Kyogre in this event have been confirmed yet. They may include some event exclusive moves.
    According to their official website, Groudon's moveset is Eruption, Hammer Arm, Earth Power and Solarbeam, while Kyogre's is Water Spout, Thunder, Ice Beam and Sheer Cold. No special moves whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Also, for the 10th anniversary, a musical is being given away for B2W2 and the mascots for the Christmas Cup are the weather trio.

Post Thanks / Like

Why anyone would think there would be remakes this year, I don't know.

Was kind of hoping for the games coming out on eshop instead of a distribution happening though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another possible reason why you can only receive Kyogre in White 2 is that you can catch Reshiram in White 2 and its secondary type is Fire which Kyogre's type (Water) is super effective against. It is the same with Groudon only being received in Black 2 because Ground is super effective against Electric but I'm sure that this isn't the reason why the types of the Tao Trio were chosen. A double battle using Groudon and Zekrom or Kyogre and Reshiram would be a good type combination.
    Last edited by Water Max; 15th November 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Why anyone would think there would be remakes this year, I don't know.

Was kind of hoping for the games coming out on eshop instead of a distribution happening though.
    Some people are very...shall we say, "misguided".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast