Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown - Page 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 153
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown

  1. #31
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Why does it have to be the same song and dance every single time a new thread is posted...

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    And so? They couldve released HG/SS any time but GF decided to wait until their 10th anniversay. Even IF FR/LG were released in 06 (which was when D/P were released) their still would've been a 3 year gsp (1996-1999).Your argument has absolutly no water... R/S was released 3 years after G/S so whyy can't the remakes be released in 2012? the whole they qon't remake R/S in 2012 because FR/LG and HG/SS were released 5 years apart is apsolute bullshit. They could've easily release HG/SS in 2007 but they didn't because they wanted to wait for G/S 10 year anniversary.
    They never said anything about wanting to wait until the anniversary; it makes little sense that they would have delayed the games by years just for the anniversary, only to end up releasing them two months before the actual date. The truth of the matter is that it made sense to release Platinum first because Game Freak clearly worked harder on HGSS.

    There have only been two pairs of remakes, and only one them (roughly) coincided with the anniversary of the original games. There is nothing impossible about releasing remakes in 2012, but the anniversary excuse is flimsy at best. You're arbitrarily focusing on the amount of time that has elapsed since the original games were released, when the the previous remakes and the main versions of the current generation are far more relevant.

    And yeah I don't count Gen I because they didn't have things set yet. Im talking about Platinum and Emerald thank you very much which were released 2 years after R/S and D/P
    I assure you that they had things set out in Generation II. They simply didn't have to contend with any remakes.

    (Emerald due to FR/LG and no clue on Platinum...)
    Exactly. Without FRLG, Emerald would have been released around a year after Ruby and Sapphire. Why Platinum was released when it was is immaterial; they could have released it in 2007 or early 2008, but then the gap between HGSS and Black and White would have been longer.

    going by the last 2 Gen's we won't get Grey until 2013. because either they'll remake R/S or just not make a game that year (which I doubt will happen... Platinum HG/SS and B/W were released in 08/09/10 and 3's a pattern right?)
    You have got to be joking. Even if we subscribe to the pattern there is no reason to suspect that Gray won't be out by September 2012; it's the remakes that have a shaky precedent.
    Last edited by Silktree; 22nd November 2011 at 03:09 AM.
    El_ likes this.

  2. #32
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    I am seriously getting sick and tired of this same damn thing every time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    And I've replied the very same.Anniversaryor not HG/SS would have been released 3 /4 years after FR/LG so that argument has absolutly no bearing.. so no it isn't 'too early' for R/S remakes to be released but it's to soon for Grey to be released as both Emerald and Platinum were rekeased 2 or so years after their original pair. (ex R/S were released in 2002 while Emaerald was released in 2004 and D/P were released in 06 while Platinum was released in 08) and since GF seems to be releasing a new MG every year itlooks like they will wait till 2013 before making Grey since B/W haven't even been out a year outside Japan
    Pokémon Gold/Silver = 21st November 1999
    Pokémon Crystal = 14th December 2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    And so? They couldve released HG/SS any time but GF decided to wait until their 10th anniversay. Even IF FR/LG were released in 06 (which was when D/P were released) their still would've been a 3 year gsp (1996-1999).Your argument has absolutly no water... R/S was released 3 years after G/S so whyy can't the remakes be released in 2012? the whole they qon't remake R/S in 2012 because FR/LG and HG/SS were released 5 years apart is apsolute bullshit. They could've easily release HG/SS in 2007 but they didn't because they wanted to wait for G/S 10 year anniversary.
    Any proof that the reason GameFreak waited was for the 10th anniversary? All I saw was generic nostalgia about Gold and Silver - I don't recall anything about the 10th anniversary being hyped.

    And yeah I don't count Gen I because they didn't have things set yet. Im talking about Platinum and Emerald thank you very much which were released 2 years after R/S and D/P (Emerald due to FR/LG and no clue on Platinum...) going by the last 2 Gen's we won't get Grey until 2013. because either they'll remake R/S or just not make a game that year (which I doubt will happen... Platinum HG/SS and B/W were released in 08/09/10 and 3's a pattern right?)
    Let's be honest, you don't count Generation I because you don't think it fits with your theory.

  3. #33
    Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Breathing Underwater
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    93

    Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Why is everyone getting so obsessed over "Oh, an announcement, must be a new game"?

    I think it's just the reveal of Keldeo. We're going to get a special B/W event and we'll be able to get Secret Sword.

  4. #34
    Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    1,104
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    And I've replied the very same.Anniversaryor not HG/SS would have been released 3 /4 years after FR/LG so that argument has absolutly no bearing.. so no it isn't 'too early' for R/S remakes to be released but it's to soon for Grey to be released as both Emerald and Platinum were rekeased 2 or so years after their original pair. (ex R/S were released in 2002 while Emaerald was released in 2004 and D/P were released in 06 while Platinum was released in 08) and since GF seems to be releasing a new MG every year itlooks like they will wait till 2013 before making Grey since B/W haven't even been out a year outside Japan
    Two years. Meaning 2012 will most likely see the release of Grey.

    HGSS came out FIVE YEARS after FRLG. Last September marked TWO YEARS since HGSS coming out in Japan. The chances of RSEmakes coming out almost three years after HGSS is unlikely.

  5. #35
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Really? are we really fighting over what someone thinks it will happen? crap, let them think what they want, it doesn't mean they're right.

    I think this will be Keldeo's reveal, or, as Joshawott pointed out, a Pokémon RéBurst animé adaption would be awesome, although confirmation on RSEmakes wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

  6. #36
    Is a Foolish Fool Ice Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Galactic Core
    Posts
    555
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Why is it so many hints for Hoenn are disregarded when Johto hints in early 4th Gen started off THE EXACT SAME WAY. First there were only hints by in-game references and game code, just like with Hoenn References in the 5th Gen, so I don't see why Hoenn gets so much biased hate even with Johto references having started off in the exact same pattern.

    Also DON'T EVEN expect the references to be in the same kind of style either. Hoenn is a true, isolated region like Sinnoh and Unova are, where Johto is like right next door to Kanto, so references to Hoenn remakes can't necessarily appear in older games like D/P/Pt since Hoenn and the other newer regions are never next to eachother like Kanto and Johto are.
    Last edited by Ice Tyrant; 22nd November 2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Owain likes this.

    "Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

  7. #37
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,023
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    I dont pay much attention to these game release patterns to be honest. People talk about these "patterns" but they could easily be broken if Game Freak decided to break them since its theirs in the first place. Personally I think it could be anything at this point. Im doubtful that its a Pokemon movie although perhaps a Keldeo would be revealed/a new Kyurem form. The point is you never know because this is said to be a surprise announcement leaving me to believe its not something fans would expect, although that could just be TCPI building hype for the announcement. We'll see.

  8. #38
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    Why is it so many hints for Hoenn are disregarded when Johto hints in early 4th Gen started off THE EXACT SAME WAY. First there were only hints by in-game references and game code, just like with Hoenn References in the 5th Gen, so I don't see why Hoenn gets so much biased hate even with Johto references having started off in the exact same pattern.

    Also DON'T EVEN expect the references to be in the same kind of style either. Hoenn is a true, isolated region like Sinnoh and Unova are, where Johto is like right next door to Kanto, so references to Hoenn remakes can't necessarily appear in older games like D/P/Pt since Hoenn and the other newer regions are never next to eachother like Kanto and Johto are.
    It's not the idea of Hoenn remakes which is being disputed, it's the fact that whenever there's a hint of some kind of announcement the fanboys/girls jump on it like a weight watchers class on a cake and ignore all evidence brought against their case.

    Personally, I think they will happen at some point - but I highly doubt this announcement is them.

  9. #39
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    I'm really tired of remakes already. I don't think they should make anymore for a while (never again would be nice). I think if they spent more time working on new main games instead of just remaking old ones, they'd be better. BW weren't bad, but I don't think it had much replay value. They need to start putting more effort into these games, instead of holding off all the good stuff until the third version. It is a pretty cheap albeit kind of smart marketing ploy, but I guess they figure people will still buy it regardless, so why not?

    It's like Final Fantasy. They know people will still buy the game because of the established name, no matter how shitty the game actually turns out to be.

    In regards to this "surprise announcement," I'm not going to expect anything after the PokePark 2 thing. If something does actually come out of this, great. I don't like being overly pessimistic, but seeing as they have a record for hyping things up way too much, I don't think I'm being that much of a downer.

  10. #40
    The Doc is in... KPTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Western U.S.
    Posts
    2,084
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Why is everyone getting so obsessed over "Oh, an announcement, must be a new game"?
    Because it's been confirmed earlier that there's going to be a new game released in Spring 2012. With that said, it's perfectly reasonable to think that this announcement involves a game. Personally, I'm not ruling out anything... that means Gray version, RSE remakes, Colosseum/Stadium-esque game, new spin-off, everything under the sun. Not making any guesses myself, but just waiting around before I get my hopes up or down.

    As for the earlier/ongoing argument... this.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

    Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

    My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

  11. #41
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,102
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm really tired of remakes already. I don't think they should make anymore for a while (never again would be nice).
    I agree! When I heard that there was a possible Ruby-Sapphire remake, I thought: WHY!? I mean, I understand the Fire Red-Leaf Green, Heart Gold-Soul Silver remakes: They were to make previous generations available to the 3rd and 4th (and now 5th) generations. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible with gen. 5 games (as long as you transfer them to gen. 4 games first). The only reason I believe that this announcement IS about the Ruby-Sapphire remakes is because that's the only thing I've really heard anything about.

    For everyone else: Have any of you heard ANYTHING about Pokemon Grey (and Pokemon Grey isn't even a confirmed name! That's just what everyone is thinking), a gen. 5 Stadium or Colosseum, or even the gen. 5 event Pokemon? All I'm saying is that there has been talk of RS remakes: Masuda replies to tweet regarding remakes of Generation III games - Bulbanews
    I know that's not much, but it's something!

    As for the pattern theory (these are all Japan release dates FYI):

    Pokemon Red and Green: February 27, 1996
    Pokemon Blue: October 10, 1996
    Pokemon Yellow: September 12, 1998
    Pokemon Gold and Silver: November 21, 1999
    Pokemon Crystal: December 14, 2000
    Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: November 21, 2002
    Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green: January 29, 2004
    Pokemon Emerald: September 16, 2004
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: September 28, 2006
    Pokemon Platinum: September 13, 2008
    Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver: September 12, 2009
    Pokemon Black and White: September 18, 2010

    Does anyone see a pattern?

  12. #42
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    ^ Of coarse we haven't, but the Kyurem focus isn't just for show and we all know fully well that he is the 3rd mascot dragon in this generation. His color is Gray and Gray is what you get when you mix Black/White, its just common sense.

    Its likely that both a new main series game and Keldeo will be revealed at the same time, with Meloetta and Genesect following afterwards in the coming year. (Maybe early 2013 in Genesect's case possibly)

    As for RSE being the only thing heard about it really isn't. A fan was simply asking a question and the guy simply gave him an answer on what he thought about the Hoenn games. If Hoenn were to be announced I'd expect ALOT more focus than whats been had which is barely anything at all. Like said merchandise has been on Kyurem and the musketeers, which means its also likely that movie 15 will feature them & Kyurem.

    In the same vein that movie 11 featured Giratina and promoted Platinum the same is likely to happen with Kyurem. Unova has the spotlight right now, so I don't understand why people want the focus to switch back to Hoenn. I am not saying that there won't ever be any RSE remakes, just that now is not the time.

  13. #43
    Is a Foolish Fool Ice Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Galactic Core
    Posts
    555
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    It's not the idea of Hoenn remakes which is being disputed, it's the fact that whenever there's a hint of some kind of announcement the fanboys/girls jump on it like a weight watchers class on a cake and ignore all evidence brought against their case.

    Personally, I think they will happen at some point - but I highly doubt this announcement is them.
    And all of those people who do probably worship G/S like it's god or something.

    Honestly if it's ANYTHING related to the mainseries at all, it's a console game on the Wii. Currently there is no mainseries console game that B/W can connect to at all, so it makes a lot of sense. Just what they plan to do with it is what I don't know. It could be like Stadium or Stadium 2, or it could be like Colosseum and XD, or it could be related to PBR. Or they can take it in a completely different direction and result in a game closer to the handhelds instead of that stupid Shadow Pokemon crap over actual random encounter Wild Pokemon.

    But here's something to have in mind:

    It's the early days of Gen IV and there's hints for G/S Remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? YES, because they call G/S the best games of the series.

    Now it's the early days of Gen V similar to today and there's hints for R/S remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? NO, because Gen 3 is where all the complaints to the series began and people call them Pokemon was changed for the worse since then.

    It's pretty simple to get biased on a situation like that.
    Last edited by Ice Tyrant; 22nd November 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

    "Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

  14. #44
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    Now it's the early days of Gen V similar to today and there's hints for R/S remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? NO, because Gen 3 is where all the complaints to the series began and people call them Pokemon was changed for the worse since then.

    It's pretty simple to get biased on a situation like that.
    What hints? There is nothing in the games that I've seen that fits that, quite the opposite, shoving Hoenn legendaries and starters into HGSS tells me that they want to make them available for some time.

    I'm expecting a "standard" third version, while I would have preferred something a bit different (a radically changed Unova game), I'm not that optimistic. I would really begin to wonder if this didn't end up being a game announcement. Wonder when Keldeo will be revealed, earlier or at Jump Festa?

  15. #45
    Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    1,396
    Blog Entries
    133

    Default Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

    InfernoRed and ForestGreen, calling it right now.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •