Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

  1. #1
    Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,502
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

    Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

    [[bp:Pokémon Rumble Blast|Super Pokémon Scramble]], the 3DS sequel to the WiiWare titile [[bp:Pokémon Rumble|Melee! Pokémon Scramble]], has delayed to Aug. 11 in Japan.

    Read more on Bulbanews

  2. #2
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    I wonder why. Maybe they had to add some last-minute features. There needs to be a reason for this. I wonder if the North American release will get delayed to November 7? I don't think so, though.

    It could also be a bug they had to fix.

  3. #3
    needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    142

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELAYED BY 14 DAYS WE WILL ALL DIE AHHHHH

    :p

    Seriously, strange how they just went and delayed it, without even giving a reason. As long as the American/European release doesn't get delayed to after Christmas, though, I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

  4. #4
    Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    2,565
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    A delay at this late stage suggests it might be some sort of bugfix, or a problem with the manufactured cartridges.

  5. #5
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    A lot of 3DS games have been getting delayed or cancelled lately, they recently delayed Cave Story 3DS, originally meant to be released in August, it was delayed until November, even more recently, we had the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It's not looking good on the video game industry, and there's a whole list of cancelled 3DS titles here: What's with All the Cancelled 3DS Games?
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  6. #6
    PeeKaBoo s2daam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    It's probably a bug they found.. although with these other 3DS games being pushed back something makes me think there all connected.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

    GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

  7. #7
    Serebii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    A lot of 3DS games have been getting delayed or cancelled lately, they recently delayed Cave Story 3DS, originally meant to be released in August, it was delayed until November, even more recently, we had the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It's not looking good on the video game industry, and there's a whole list of cancelled 3DS titles here: What's with All the Cancelled 3DS Games?

    Not really, the cancelled 3DS game situation is mostly exaggerated. Examples they include are Saints Row Drive By, which was canned on ALL formats it was on, not just 3DS. DJ Hero, which is a franchise that has been put on hiatus on ALL formats. Megaman Legends 3 wasn't even ever greenlit but was an in-house testing prototype which could have been made into a game, but they chose not to. If it was a 3DS issue, they'd have put it on the PS Vita. It's the internet over-reacting.

    I believe this isn't to do with a bug but more due to issues distributing due to the typhoon and earthquakes last week. Rather than have it out in some areas and not others, they've delayed it two weeks
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.



    Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

  8. #8
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Not really, the cancelled 3DS game situation is mostly exaggerated. Examples they include are Saints Row Drive By, which was canned on ALL formats it was on, not just 3DS. DJ Hero, which is a franchise that has been put on hiatus on ALL formats. Megaman Legends 3 wasn't even ever greenlit but was an in-house testing prototype which could have been made into a game, but they chose not to. If it was a 3DS issue, they'd have put it on the PS Vita. It's the internet over-reacting.

    I believe this isn't to do with a bug but more due to issues distributing due to the typhoon and earthquakes last week. Rather than have it out in some areas and not others, they've delayed it two weeks
    That may be the reality, but it isn't the "reality" it people's heads, which would definitely affect the 3DS's popularity.

    Not that it has any really good games out yet anyway, and I'm thinking this game isn't one of those "must haves" either. People say it was good, but I found its price too much for the Wii game, not sure how much I'd enjoy buying it as a full title. I'd certainly have considered it if it was on the 3DS shop.

  9. #9
    Serebii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    That may be the reality, but it isn't the "reality" it people's heads, which would definitely affect the 3DS's popularity.

    Not that it has any really good games out yet anyway, and I'm thinking this game isn't one of those "must haves" either. People say it was good, but I found its price too much for the Wii game, not sure how much I'd enjoy buying it as a full title. I'd certainly have considered it if it was on the 3DS shop.
    People also forget that this is no different to the launch of every other console and handheld ever. They've always had lulls and so few good games.

    As for this, this isn't just the Wii one on the 3DS, it's an entirely new game with a massive single player narrative. Famitsu reported that it'd take 20 hours to finish the main game
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.



    Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

  10. #10
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    As for this, this isn't just the Wii one on the 3DS, it's an entirely new game with a massive single player narrative. Famitsu reported that it'd take 20 hours to finish the main game
    Pre-release screen shots have interested me, but I'm still wary of the games so I'd much prefer to wait and see what Rumble fans think, though its likely I still won't get it since by the time I get a 3DS, other Pokemon games may have been released by then.

  11. #11
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,021
    Blog Entries
    341

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    I saw this pointed out, but the 3DS price drop is happening right before this game is released...I guess that's why they delayed it, to help sell the new cheaper system.

  12. #12
    Ur 2 Slow!! Sanic Hegehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Gran heel zun
    Posts
    1,516

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    I highly doubt they changed the release date due to the 3DS price drop, it's probably just a minor coincidence.

  13. #13
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    If anything, the cheaper system is going to help sell this game. I don't know if they're selling at a loss now, but with news of games being cancelled being put at the front of everything and no good games out for the 3DS yet, Nintendo knows that they need to drop the price and let game sales pick up the slack.

  14. #14
    Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Breathing Underwater
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    93

    Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    If anything, the cheaper system is going to help sell this game. I don't know if they're selling at a loss now, but with news of games being cancelled being put at the front of everything and no good games out for the 3DS yet, Nintendo knows that they need to drop the price and let game sales pick up the slack.
    What do you mean "no good games"? What about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D? Dead or Alive Dimensions? Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition?
    Sorry, I just disagree.

  15. #15
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

    No good games I care about that isn't a remake or a 3DS version of a game that already exists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •