Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGold, S

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGold, S

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGold, S

Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGold, SoulSilver

A press release from Nintendo has revealed that Dylan and Cole Sprouse, stars of Disney Channel's "The Suite Life of Zach & Cody" will be starring in the Pokémon franchise's newest commercial for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions.

Read more on Bulbanews

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGol

And they can't even pronounced Pokémon right.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sprouse brothers to star in Pokémon commercial: Advertisement to feature HeartGol

Oooh! I posted the "making of" video in my blog yesterday!

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

That's actually how it's pronounced, Ryuu...

Anyway, their voices seem to have gotten deeper since the Suite Life, also they're EIGHTEEN NOW.

Why am I not in a Pokemon commercial? D:

Blog Entries

I didn't realize there was so much emphasis on the Kay.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    I didn't realize there was so much emphasis on the Kay.
    Well, there is an accent...

Blog Entries

I jsut listened to the Diamond and Pearl opening theme and Dylan saying Po-Kay-mon... not the same pronunciation, so either PUSA is saying it wrong or the Sprouse twins are saying it wrong.

EDIT: Bennet the Sage is our tie breaker. He pronounces it the same way PUSA does.

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

An E with an accent over it means it's pronounced "ay".

Blog Entries

Where's the pronunciation talk coming from? I don't see a link to a video in that article. Anyway, all I can manage to this is a "meh". The Disney kids/young adults fail to impress, and these two are no less generic than any of the others.

I don't think I've even seen a Pokémon commercial on television in years. The movie theatres around here play them sometimes as a new game release approaches (I remember seeing a few for Platinum), but that's about it.

Blog Entries

I know, but it's the emphasis that is wrong.

Blog Entries

Despite what some people think, I like them doing it. It brings some new fans who may have never heard of Pokemon.

I hope no one says that the new generation of Pokemon fans will be nooby because of this. We were all nooby at some point of our internet experience. No matter how long or short. D:

Blog Entries

I'm mostly surprised TCPi was willing to invest as much in an ad as those two might cost (no doubt Disney decides the fee). Pokémon kind of sells itself these days, but I guess a few TV spots couldn't hurt.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It actually pained me to watch that >_>
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    I don't think I've even seen a Pokémon commercial on television in years. The movie theatres around here play them sometimes as a new game release approaches (I remember seeing a few for Platinum), but that's about it.
    On that note, when was the last time Pokemon ever got a commercial with real people in it? Outside of Japan, that is.

And "Po-Kay-mon" isn't how I would pronounce it but w/e.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast